Wrestling Forum banner

Bret Hart in Montréal next week

6099 Views 89 Replies 57 Participants Last post by  RyanPelley
In Rajah's report of this Friday's Smackdown, it's been noted that they aired a promo announcing Bret Hart's appearance next week on Raw in Montréal. I don't know how trustworthy that website is, but if that's really true... :mark: OMGOMGOMG!

It's gonna be insane!!
http://www.rajah.com/base/node/29542
(Warning: Contains Smackdown Spoilers)
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

· I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,488 Posts
Re: Bret Hart in Montréal next week?

Good. Always fun to see Bret Hart. And it will be nice to see Pat Patterson again as well

· Registered
9,763 Posts

Bret in Montreal would be a great atmosphere, but don't expect some monster reaction, this is not the old school crowd, some will be there but it's not the passionate fanbase. WWE drove them away since around 07-08.

· Registered
642 Posts

Can't wait. Last monday's RAW was the first episode I enjoyed watching since it's been 3 hours! So it's great that I'm going to RAW live next week! :D

· Super Moderator
Go ahead, make my day
36,191 Posts

People honestly need to get the fuck over the screwjob.

· Registered
1,626 Posts

Gonna be excited to see him, I'm also going to the show in Montreal. I've never seen Bret or Pat Patterson live ever so it should be a fun night!

It's just too bad Bret is one of those guys that's just "hanging around" for the nostalgia, which I believe is not even there for him anymore, 'cause he was so involved a few years back.(Bret VS Vince, Nexus and RAW GM storylines)
Same goes for Piper.

Piper's a whole different case though.

· Registered
1,717 Posts

the same thing he has against piper. lol

(but i do agree with him i feel uncomfortable watching bret as of lately i feel bad for him)
This i feel a little sorry for the guy, he's not the same man he use to be, he needs to stay at home, and you all know Vince likes to make most people look like an ass in their home town, would rather not see him there, then see him made to look stupid again.

· Zombo
12,624 Posts

Bret was my favourite WWF wrestler growing up, BUT since he's come back (and I know there are health issues and whatnot preventing him from being anywhere near his old self), I'm kind of with Pyro on this one.

I mean, the more I see him now, struggling to make sense / capture intensity for a five minute promo, the more I find it tough to watch. And I don't want THIS IMAGE to erase the one I have from my childhood, where he was kicking ass in the ring.

Hopefully, he can get a warm reception, get some closure on the whole Screwjob thing (he's got it with HBK, Vince, the DVD... now only the city of Montreal is left), and he doesn't have to be paraded out many times a year.

· What?
25,591 Posts

Dude can't talk. Fact. So what's the point in giving him promo time? Exactly. His best appearance was as a guest ref a while back. Have him do something like that. Imagine Cena/Punk but mentored and refereed by Bret? That would probably be a decent match as he could even go as far as to working with them on it/on the finish.

As for his appearance on Raw or Smackdown go, I couldn't care less. He wasn't an overly amazing promo guy and the fans don't really know how great he was because he wasn't around when a large majority of the fans that watch now weren't watching/alive then.

Edit: I meant the Punk/Cena/Bret thing for Night of Champions, but his involvement would be set up in Montreal.

· Recognize
21,207 Posts

What do you have against Bret?
I think I can speak for Pyro here in saying that he's fucking boring as shit. He sucks at promos so there isn't really anything to see from him anymore. I'm sure it will be a nice moment for him and all but I really don't give a shit about Bret Hart in 2012, especially if he's talking and putting me to sleep.

· Registered
671 Posts

They have 3 hours, Bret Hart will only take about 10 minutes if that.

Bet they'll have Justin Roberts introduce him before his entrance, stupid as hell. Pop's are better when they aren't expecting the person to come out there and then. They do it a lot.

I know it's only a small thing but it's just something that irritates me haha.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.