Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
lol and rightfully so. HBK did what’s best for HBK and his career, Bret didn’t like or respect him before the accident so HBK was right for himself to further his career and side with Vince on that one .

In 2010 HBK showed class and respect for Bret, doesn’t matter if he meant it or not, it’s not like he was trying to become BFF with Brett or anything, just a token of respect to end this story

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Shocker, HBK was a disingenuous, selfish prick back in the day and i still think he is now. Just because he pretends to have found god doesn't change that. At same time Bret just needs to let it go as it just makes him seem more and more bitter to younger fans that will over look how great he was due to it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Bret was as prickly as HBK . He was under contract with wwe and they were nice enough to him as to give him the world title and book him strong .

Him losing the title clean when Vince tells him to was part of his job but his ego and hatred towards HBK made him to refuse to do his job and forced Vince to take action so his company doesn’t look like a joke having their world champ leaving for the competition with the title.

Sure Bret said he was willing to lose at the PPV but that would have mean him going over HBK first and also there was always the chance for him to call sick or no show the last day and still leave with the title.

It always amuses me how people make Vince look like the bad one here when he had every right to do what he did when his scripted champion refused to follow the scrip and so his job and drop the title to HBK.

Also I don’t get how Bret acts like this fucked up his career, he was Well established At that point with multiple world title runs in a scripted show, it was his ego and bitterness that prevented him from going back when he was still in good shape and retaking his top spot .

·
Registered
29 Posts
It always amuses me how people make Vince look like the bad one here when he had every right to do what he did
"every right"? You mean except for that pesky legal contract that Vince agreed to and signed which made what he did illegal. There's no argument you can make saying Vince had "every right" to do what he did.

Not surprised HBK was full of it. It's the entertainment business. He couldn't exactly draw with a feud with Bret unable to wrestle but them on screen would be ratings so Vince had to push them to do something. Everyone knew HBK was full of it on the interview they did together.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Shawn hasnt changed one bit and is STILL a jerk.. just look at that how he recently worked with Randy, no sells a punt, screws him over at the ppv and you dont even get to see Randy kick his ass, nah he just lays down in the dark.. we so should have saw Shawn get his ass kicked backstage that night!

Much respect for Bret and its pretty messed up how he was treated back then, and still isnt sincerely respected by Vince.. you barely see Bret called up for a special guest appearance, they always call up Shawn though like the entitled bastard he is.

·
The Babyface of WF
13,636 Posts
The whole idea was to move on and if he was insincere to the point it was obvious I think Shawn just wanted to bury the hatchet and get over done with, Bret is a Legend but a bitter man no matter what you say or do to make things right.

Enough already it's 2020.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Shawn hasnt changed one bit and is STILL a jerk.. just look at that how he recently worked with Randy, no sells a punt, screws him over at the ppv and you dont even get to see Randy kick his ass, nah he just lays down in the dark.. we so should have saw Shawn get his ass kicked backstage that night!

Much respect for Bret and its pretty messed up how he was treated back then, and still isnt sincerely respected by Vince.. you barely see Bret called up for a special guest appearance, they always call up Shawn though like the entitled bastard he is.
Why would they call Bret more than Shawn lol, Shawn have been a loyal company man for almost a decade after his return , have made more money for the company and you never see him talking shit about the company in interviews .

And Bret is just bitter cause like 25 years or so ago Vince and Shawn made him forcefully lose his fake title that really means nothing at the end of the day lol.

If he was a smart man he would have just lose the title back then when he was asked to and I am sure that back in like 2002 when HBK and all the wcw legends returned , he would have been offered a monster contract and would have surely been allowed to main event and win his title back.

But Bret chose to act bitter and keep talking trash until it was too late for him to return as a wrestler and so now he just lives with regrets and bitterness .

As Vince said: Vince didn’t screwed Bret, Bret screwed Bret

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why would they call Bret more than Shawn lol, Shawn have been a loyal company man for almost a decade after his return , have made more money for the company and you never see him talking shit about the company in interviews .

And Bret is just bitter cause like 25 years or so ago Vince and Shawn made him forcefully lose his fake title that really means nothing at the end of the day lol.

If he was a smart man he would have just lose the title back then when he was asked to and I am sure that back in like 2002 when HBK and all the wcw legends returned , he would have been offered a monster contract and would have surely been allowed to main event and win his title back.

But Bret chose to act bitter and keep talking trash until it was too late for him to return as a wrestler and so now he just lives with regrets and bitterness .

he had a stroke in 2002 unless u mean before it

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
something I find really interesting about HBK is Hurricane Helms called out how terrible he can be when meeting him, but Chris Masters who also was a big fan like Helms, still stands by HBK as saying he's a great locker room leader despite the fact that HBK and HHH had a direct hand in burying him, both on television and to backstage officials.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I take anything Bret says with a pinch of salt. The bitterness still oozes out of him. Just let it go already.

·
Registered
663 Posts
he had a stroke in 2002 unless u mean before it
I mainly mean the invasion angle I think he was still ok then and in his early 40s still.

HHh was injured , Rock was gone for the most part, most big stars like Goldberg and sting weren’t there either .

Was perfect chance for Bret to come back as the lesser of the alliance especially given his history with Austin . He would have made a lot of money and surely been given the world title

·
Registered
801 Posts
What is often overlooked is that Bret and Vince were actually very close back then, and Hart had been a loyal employee to the WWF for 13 years. And remember that it was Vince who convinsed him to leave, Bret wanted to stay loyal to the WWF.

So it might be a fake title and a fake loss. But Bret was legitimately screwed on worldwide television by a man he trusted and considered a friend. I think a lot of the bitterness comes from the fact that Vince didnt trust Bret to drop the title, which in Brets mind is Vince not trusting his word, even though they were friends and Bret always acted professionally in the 13 years he had been employed.

But he really should get on with his life. Even though its probably hard. I dont think he can participate in any interview etc without iøthe screwjob being mentioned for the gazillionth time.

·
Premium Member
11,619 Posts
Shocker, HBK was a disingenuous, selfish prick back in the day and i still think he is now. Just because he pretends to have found god doesn't change that. At same time Bret just needs to let it go as it just makes him seem more and more bitter to younger fans that will over look how great he was due to it.
This lol. Once I became old enough to realize that "finding god" is nothing but bullshit attempt by horrible people to make gullible people believe they changed, i can't look at HBK the same.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

Dont @ me if you are gonna kiss Vince McMahon's ass

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I don't care about either of them, but if you ask me who is more entertaining between these 2 it would be Shawn. Never understood appeal of Bret, guy is boring and has 0 charisma. Shawn was dick and still is (pretending he has found Jesus and all that other shit) but at least he is fucking hilarious and entertaining in being so.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Shawn is nothing but a fucking Young Buck wannabe and was never entertaining, he was just a stupid idiot! Bret deserved so much better, screw that entitled piece of garbage Shawn! I spit in Shawn's face!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts