Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else think this is a problem? Think about it, when we were waiting to see who the seventh member was last night, and then you hear the beginning of the music.....did ANYONE for a split second think it was one of the Hart Dynasty? Of course not. That's Bret's music....everyone's first thought was Bret.

Now let's say they want the Hart Dynasty to make a surprise entrance at some point.....the music goes off and everyone's first thought is "BRET!"....nope, awww damn it's just the Hart Dynasty. Not good. Actually, this has already happened a few times for me when I'm half watching. I hear that and look up expecting to see Bret Hart....and then the music changes and it's the Hart Dynasty. "Oh", is the usual reaction. Nothing against them, but when you're expecting one of the biggest legends ever for a second, it's a natural reaction.

Yes, the entrance themes are not the same, after the beginning.....but the beginning is important in these types of scenarios. You hear the glass shatter, you know Stone Cold is coming. You hear that guitar, you know it's Bret.....you don't want the crowd thinking it's someone else, then getting disappointed, when you're trying to establish a new team or wrestler.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Nah I don't see it as a problem, they need to keep that link to keep reminding people that this isn't just some young tag-team, this is the current generation of a 'dynasty', because let's face it without the Hart's push DH Smith & TYson Kidd would be an average team, but because they have the rub from Bret/Owen/Bulldog/Anvil's names they're automatically seen as better. It gives us a sence of expectation for the future which makes us want to make the most of them now becasue they're ony gunna get better.

The similair themes are just another tool to boost the link.

·
Asuka
96,230 Posts
It's never confused me even once. I know it's Bret if it's during some major angle and I know it's Smith and Kidd if it's some menial 6 man match with a guy like Henry or Truth or segment with some random midcarder.

It's also comforting for me that I don't have to care which one it is, since I hate ALL of them.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Yeah, it gets me every time. Hell, their titantrons are almost the same too. Speaking of Hart, WTF is he on Cena's team? Hasn't creative learned anything from Mania? Hell, last time he was in the ring, Jericho almost paralyzed him with a punch.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Lol I know what you mean, the crowd used to react like it was Bret then realise it wasn't, it wouldn't matter if The Hart Dynasty didn't suck so much; the crowd would then get behind them 'cause they are good not cause they are kind of related to Bret.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
It's never confused me even once. I know it's Bret if it's during some major angle and I know it's Smith and Kidd if it's some menial 6 man match with a guy like Henry or Truth or segment with some random midcarder.

It's also comforting for me that I don't have to care which one it is, since I hate ALL of them.
Ouch

^ LMAO, but sometimes it gets the crowd. Like when HD is in a match the crowd goes nuts, and when they realize it isnt Bret the pop dies down
To be honest, I think the entrance pop is over-rated. Having the crowd cheer or boo when your music hits is all well and good but what you really want is for the crowd to pay attention during the matches. For example, R-Truth may get the fans singing along with his theme but they go pretty quiet once the bell rings. Christian doesn't get anything like that opening pop these days but when he hits the diving back elbow and starts clapping to set up the Killswitch the fans join in. That's what you want as a wrestler.

·
Banned
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE]

Exactly my point.....which is why everyone knew it was Bret last night right away. The Hart Dynasty wasn't even a thought.

That's not good. I can see giving them that to establish the Hart connection initially, but I think long term it could become a detriment....if they want to start pushing them more heavily in the future.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I like the Hart Dynasty's scretchen version then Bret's new version to his
old theme, but I would love them to use his old theme to be less annoying.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i love Bret and Hart Dynasty entrance music it rocks

·
No Cena is good Cena
2,418 Posts
I love the music too. It's too bad that watching the Hart Dynasty is like watching a Hart Foundation cover band. Kidd & Smith have yet to say or do one thing even slightly memorable. The tag title lost all importance once Jeri-Show lost it last year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts