Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bret Hart did an interview in a Vancouver newspaper. The interviewer asked him what the worst finisher is, here is his response:

"I don’t know. I’ve never really like Triple H’s finisher (The Pedigree), because I never thought it looked like it actually did anything. If you watch it, it doesn’t look like it could be real."

Seems like Bret will take any chance possible to take a jab at Hunter. The pedigree is far from the worst finisher ever. How is it any less believable than a stunner, or people's elbow?

Here's the link:

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Bret+Hart+young+wrestlers+today/10809304/story.html

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
So, so, so bitter.

Reactions: MEMS

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
As far as exciting, the Pedigree has never been as exciting as a Stunner or RKO....that being said if Bret is judging on "belivability" than there are definitely finishers less believable than the Pedigree.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
At least the Pedigree is actually a bump. If you want to talk about believability, you could say that all Bret did was cross a guys legs and sit on him. That moves incredibly easy to look like it's doing no damage to the opponent, the guy doesn't have to bump, he can just do some fake screaming and tap.

I give this argument 4/10. It takes itself a little too seriously.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
He's probably just taking the piss at this stage, honestly. He's well aware of his "4/10" becoming a thing in the internet fandom.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The pedigree is far from the worst finisher ever. How is it any less believable than a stunner, or people's elbow?
I'll give you the people's elbow, but what's wrong with the stunner? It's a hard blow to the jaw which (in the case of a much less staged fight) could legitimately knock someone out. The amount of overselling of the stunner was silly but the maneuver itself seems fine to me.

Also, yes, the pedigree is a terrible finisher and Warrior no selling it makes me happy everytime I watch the clip:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
HHH was right, Bret Hart really does take himself too seriously.

Reactions: BeastIncarnate

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Wouldn't call that Bret burying Triple H exactly.

Still the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
So a head crashing into the mat is a bad finisher? I guess the pile driver and DDT were shitty finishes too. I knew it Lawler and Jake were fucking hacks, right Bret.

But a guy hitting the same five moves with no deviation or alternate rotation for fifteen years, he's the best there is, was, and, ever will be.

Right.

What did I expect this is the same guy that thinks Ric Flair and Dean Malenko were shitty workers.

Go away Bret, nobody cares anymore.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
He praised Seth so I won't be as hard as others but the pedigree is a great finisher , the ones on Foley particularly .

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
So a head crashing into the mat is a bad finisher? I guess the pile driver and DDT were shitty finishes too. I knew it Lawler and Jake were fucking hacks, right Bret.

But a guy hitting the same five moves with no deviation or alternate rotation for fifteen years, he's the best there is, was, and, ever will be.

Right.

What did I expect this is the same guy that thinks Ric Flair and Dean Malenko were shitty workers.

Go away Bret, nobody cares anymore.
If Triple H performs it properly and the wrestler taking it actually bumps correctly, then yeah, it's a great finisher. But when HHH releases his grasp and just pushes the person's body down with their hands breaking the fall, it's a piss poor finisher.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.