Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about anyone else but I've always thought that Bret was able to come up with brilliant endings to matches (WM XX against Owen, Summerslam against British Bulldog, WM against Stone Cold etc.) and if you've read his book it seems like he has something of an eye for talent (he claims that he wanted Vince to sign Stone Cold while he was still at WCW). I think he could work alright as a booker, maybe with a bit of guidance but it could work I think. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
He'd have to work under severe guidance because if he was the head booker he'd outlaw charisma. Fuck him.
He'd try and book himself as the winner of everything so he can get to number 1 of the greatest superstars of all time :p Because it's still real to him, dammit!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bret Hart has praised WWE Divas Champion Melina in an audio interview with Ministry of Slam. In the past, Bret has praised her work and referred to her as his favorite wrestler today. In this audio interview, he says: “I think there's some great wrestlers in the WWE. I think Melina is, you know to me is really creative and imaginative, and she's an innovator and she comes up with some great matches, I love watching her wrestle. In a lot of ways I think she’s the best wrestler in the world right now.”
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
400 Posts
Man some of you are so clueless about what you're talking about. I'm sure everyone bashing him for no reason A.Never saw him in his prime & B.Definitely didn't read his book. Bret has a tremendous mind for wrestling and would be a very solid booker.

·
Banned
193 Posts
Man some of you are so clueless about what you're talking about. I'm sure everyone bashing him for no reason A.Never saw him in his prime & B.Definitely didn't read his book. Bret has a tremendous mind for wrestling and would be a very solid booker.
Ok give me one idea he has come up with for another person?

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
Bret might make a great booker. I really have no clue about that. I don't know if I'd trust someone that once said Melina was the greatest female wrestler in the world though.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I think he could be useful on a booking commitee. Not as a sole booker. Or maybe as an advisor to new talent.

With the PG product they have today he would fit in I think. Telling a story with his matches was his strongest point, and he could pass on that knowledge.

As for claiming he saw Austin coming before anyone else, i've read a few wrestling books and listened to interviews and almost all of them take credit for spotting Austin's future stardom. So I would take that with a pinch of salt.

As for the comment about coming up with good ideas for other people, how many wrestlers give away their best ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts