Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Devil's advocate here, but the rise in black people can't be racist mentality isn't helping the cause. Everybody form some sort of prejudice, even minorities, and the push for ending systemic racism is a fool's errand to having a never ending cause to distract from providing pragmatic resolutions. Better to have tolerance than pushing for 'justice' to get yours because they got theirs before. Better to push for ending no knock warrants in plains clothes with regards to this case. It could have been any race that suffered from this dumb policy. Making it a black issue only serves to divide.
See I find you half right. Yes separating entirely and not trying to get all cultures to help fix the issue is not a helpful strategy but on the other hand you can't pretend there isn't a race based issue involved either because doing so ignores an important aspect of the problem and also can't be considered a solution cause that aspect therefore never gets fixed leading to more problems of a different kind but with the same root cause.

The bigger question is how actually realistic is it for it to be possible to get people to actually band together over this cause I am a straight white man not even from America I have no knowledge just how deep seeded this issue actually is outside of what I hear through the media/here. But if it were realistic that to me is the obvious best solution.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
See I find you half right. Yes separating entirely and not trying to get all cultures to help fix the issue is not a helpful strategy but on the other hand you can't pretend there isn't a race based issue involved either because doing so ignores an important aspect of the problem and also can't be considered a solution cause that aspect therefore never gets fixed leading to more problems of a different kind but with the same root cause.

The bigger question is how actually realistic is it for it to be possible to get people to actually band together over this cause I am a straight white man not even from America I have no knowledge just how deep seeded this issue actually is outside of what I hear through the media/here. But if it were realistic that to me is the obvious best solution.
How do we prevent people from forming prejudices? Even the best of us will subconsciously form a first impression of strangers based on appearances and skin color is one of the first thing we notice. Saying one wants to end systemic racism just seem to me to be finding an excuse to avoid confronting the root of many issues facing their group.

As for this individual case, the occupants could have been anyone. The root cause of this is a bad policing policy, not race. Trying to lump this with other policing and racial discrimination seems too opportunistic to me.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,729 Posts
Tofu, do you know what the Poverty Cycle is in America? It's a loop that white supremacy has trapped African Americans in for generations. It keeps the majority of us isolated, poor, uneducated, under paid, over worked and riddled with crime. It destroyed our family unit by over policing our males and trapping our females in a system that requires government assistance to make ends meet.

You say one thing doesnt have to do with the other but that just isn't true. I can explain to you point by point what happened to black people in America post integration/apartheid. The methods may have changed from, "hang 'em from the highest tree," but the results are largely the same. Whether people want to admit it or not, that's why we STILL have white schools and mixed/black schools. Yeah we integrated the schools, but now we have school zones based on where you live. That keeps schools segregated whether people want to admit it or not.

You ever see one of those specials where two students switch schools for a week? The white kid goes to the minority school and the black kid goes to the white school. And the experiences are always the same. The black kid is in awe that every class has up-to-date and FUNCTIONING computers. The cafeteria has several options for lunch, the classes are more cooperative with the teachers etc. Then flip over to the white kid in the other school and they're always shocked at the lack of.....everything. The 2 options for lunch, the lack of cpu's, disruptive students, the slower pace at which kids are learning, a fight or two, the large class sizes, etc.

All of that comes together as just ONE point in the perpetual cycle of how white supremacy affects us as a people. It feeds right into the prison pipeline.

You say these things aren't a racial issue or we shouldn't see them as such, but what else could these things be if the mostly impact black people?

Systemic Racism IS the issue facing my group. And no matter how many times we try to explain it we get the same reflections and/or devil's advocates to throw everything off. 100 years ago the was a little thing called Black Wallstreet. It was a prosperous place where black people thrived en masse. Well, one day white people came in and killed everyone, stole most everything and burned the rest to the ground. That's the system of racism that existed out in the open.

But you'll probably say, "that was 100 years ago, it doesn't count."

All the race riots of the Civil Rights era, comes from systemic racism. Guys like Reagan signing bills that specifically target black people to disarm us of our "American God Given Right" to bear arms?

But that was 50+ years ago. What about the Crack epidemic of the 80's? Poor people turning to cheap drugs to escape the hell that was everyday life. The "Welfare Queen" era?

What about my actual lifetime of the 90's? Tell me if this doesn't sound like bullshit. In the 90's the data was looked at and it showed that young black boys and teens had the lowest grades across all groups. (Race, gender, area, etc.) To remedy this that took a group of 40 black boys and they met twice a month to be tutored and mentored by successful black men. You know what immediately happened? The test scores and grades went up. Hallelujah, we shall thrive. We figured it out, we came together, pulled ourselves up by our boot straps and we closed the education gap! You know what happened immediately after that? They, The Man, The Unseen Hand, whatever you want to call it, came in and systematically DESTROYED the program. Something that black people put together to help ourselves, in the 90's mind you, was broken apart by society. Why? Because.....well, uhhh, ummm, gee uhhh..........it's not fair to girls. So they killed what was a proven method of closing the education gap for our youth because they need the status quo to remain and we went right back into the cycle.

You know what happened the very next year? The took the exact program, beat for beat and made it a girls only program. Hooray.........for white women.

Like I said at the beginning of this long post. It's all systemic when it comes to us. It has been from the very beginning. The rules are different from us, the laws are different for us, freedom isn't offered to us, we are NOT allowed to educate ourselves, we aren't allowed to cry foul and when we do, someone rolls their eyes and says, "Not this shit again." Meanwhile another one of us lies dead in a pool of their own blood because.....he looked suspicious, was in the wrong neighborhood, fit the description, was "black at night", in his home minding his own business, was babysitting white children, smelled of marijuana, waiting at Star Bucks, had bass in his voice, talking to a white woman, ran out of gas or had a flat fudging tire.

You say we can't blame systemic racism? Guess what, it's the root of most all of our ills.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Tofu, do you know what the Poverty Cycle is in America? It's a loop that white supremacy has trapped African Americans in for generations. It keeps the majority of us isolated, poor, uneducated, under paid, over worked and riddled with crime. It destroyed our family unit by over policing our males and trapping our females in a system that requires government assistance to make ends meet.

You say one thing doesnt have to do with the other but that just isn't true. I can explain to you point by point what happened to black people in America post integration/apartheid. The methods may have changed from, "hang 'em from the highest tree," but the results are largely the same. Whether people want to admit it or not, that's why we STILL have white schools and mixed/black schools. Yeah we integrated the schools, but now we have school zones based on where you live. That keeps schools segregated whether people want to admit it or not.

You ever see one of those specials where two students switch schools for a week? The white kid goes to the minority school and the black kid goes to the white school. And the experiences are always the same. The black kid is in awe that every class has up-to-date and FUNCTIONING computers. The cafeteria has several options for lunch, the classes are more cooperative with the teachers etc. Then flip over to the white kid in the other school and they're always shocked at the lack of.....everything. The 2 options for lunch, the lack of cpu's, disruptive students, the slower pace at which kids are learning, a fight or two, the large class sizes, etc.

All of that comes together as just ONE point in the perpetual cycle of how white supremacy affects us as a people. It feeds right into the prison pipeline.

You say these things aren't a racial issue or we shouldn't see them as such, but what else could these things be if the mostly impact black people?

Systemic Racism IS the issue facing my group. And no matter how many times we try to explain it we get the same reflections and/or devil's advocates to throw everything off. 100 years ago the was a little thing called Black Wallstreet. It was a prosperous place where black people thrived en masse. Well, one day white people came in and killed everyone, stole most everything and burned the rest to the ground. That's the system of racism that existed out in the open.

All the race riots of the Civil Rights era, comes from systemic racism. Guys like Reagan signing bills that specifically target black people to disarm us of our "American God Given Right" to bear arms?

But that was 50+ years ago. What about the Crack epidemic of the 80's? Poor people turning to cheap drugs to escape the hell that was everyday life. The "Welfare Queen" era?

What about my actual lifetime of the 90's? Tell me if this doesn't sound like bullshit. In the 90's the data was looked at and it showed that young black boys and teens had the lowest grades across all groups. (Race, gender, area, etc.) To remedy this that took a group of 40 black boys and they met twice a month to be tutored and mentored by successful black men. You know what immediately happened? The test scores and grades went up. Hallelujah, we shall thrive. We figured it out, we came together, pulled ourselves up by our boot straps and we closed the education gap! You know what happened immediately after that? They, The Man, The Unseen Hand, whatever you want to call it, came in and systematically DESTROYED the program. Something that black people put together to help ourselves, in the 90's mind you, was broken apart by society. Why? Because.....well, uhhh, ummm, gee uhhh..........it's not fair to girls. So they killed what was a proven method of closing the education gap for our youth because they need the status quo to remain and we went right back into the cycle.

You know what happened the very next year? The took the exact program, beat for beat and made it a girls only program. Hooray.........for white women.

Like I said at the beginning of this long post. It's all systemic when it comes to us. It has been from the very beginning. The rules are different from us, the laws are different for us, freedom isn't offered to us, we are NOT allowed to educate ourselves, we aren't allowed to cry foul and when we do, someone rolls their eyes and says, "Not this shit again." Meanwhile another one of us lies dead in a pool of their own blood because.....he looked suspicious, was in the wrong neighborhood, fit the description, was "black at night", in his home minding his own business, was babysitting white children, smelled of marijuana, waiting at Star Bucks, had bass in his voice, talking to a white woman, ran out of gas or had a flat fudging tire.

You say we can't blame systemic racism? Guess what, it's the root of most all of our ills.
Well put but im sure none of those points will stick with “devil’s advocate” types. To them, the struggles of blacks and other oppressed groups is all made up

If we stopped talking about racism, the whole concept is going to evaporate into thin air right? Let’s just take that same approach with poverty and gun violence as well. That will for sure make those issues just disappear right?

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Wow I've touch quite a nerve with this.

Are there no poor white families in America? Are there no black families that broke out of the poverty cycle? How is it an economic system is being seen as an example of white supremacy? The poverty cycle is when certain communities value things differently and pursue different career opportunities. Could it be the black community in America in general are more religious, and did not appreciate the value of STEM education until like the last couple of decades? White supremacy did not trap black community into what they value higher. Nothing wrong with choosing to pursue the arts, but we have to acknowledge the variance in income from that pursuit is much higher.

What is wrong with having white schools? Are all girls schools or all boys schools bad too? What about black churches? Wasn't there a case of wealthy blacks in New Jersey self segregating themselves in black schools from other minorities?

Student from good school shocked at poor conditions of a lousier school and vice versa. Shocking.

I am saying this particular situation isn't a race issue. This was a terrible policing policy issue. You can choose to see things without the lens of race sometimes.

Yes it doesn't count. 100 years ago people were committing genocides and fighting world wars over fking nothing. It was a different time and I don't think people are stilling do that. Well except certain parts of Africa are still committing said crime against humanity in sectarian violence until very recently.

True and the civil rights movement was a big win.

You gotta be joking to linking a drug addiction due to economic situation to race.

Can you point me to how the programme was dismantled? Why couldn't the community keep the programme going? What red tape was put up that prevented more successful black men to mentor/tutor black boys? Was black women and black girls part of the original plan too?

Like I said, it has been a crutch for the less successful of the community to excuse their situation. There are more and more black educated folks working good jobs than before. Blacks in America has closed the education gap significantly due to various policies. Your community has been loudest in having their voices out in the media compared to other minorities in America. I remember vividly a video of an Asian woman raising being racial discriminated by a black person in campus during a protest against racism and was shushed by the crowd simply because it was not the accepted narrative.

You can blame systemic racism if it makes you feel better. I am saying it is a distraction from putting forth pragmatic ideas into place to raise the living standards of the community.

Well put but im sure none of those points will stick with “devil’s advocate” types. To them, the struggles of blacks and other oppressed groups is all made up

If we stopped talking about racism, the whole concept is going to evaporate into thin air right? Let’s just take that same approach with poverty and gun violence as well. That will for sure make those issues just disappear right?
Black community stopped talking about misogyny and homophobia among their community and they magically aren't issues among the community anymore. It is all the white devil's fault that result in more single parent household within your demographic. So I guess it works to make issues disappear. /troll

·
Mamba Mentality
25,681 Posts

Kenneth Walker is a true hero for protecting his home against police terrorism. I'm pleased to see charges against him dropped. We need ten thousand more judges like the Honorable Judge Olu Stevens that presided over this farce of an indictment. Mr. Walker never should have been arrested for using self-defense. The DA better not create some other BS to throw against him.

Mr. Walker and Breonna Taylor's family should receive a large civil suit compensation from the city. The DA will/is likely holding the threat of prosecuting attempted murder charges over Mr. Walker's head if he decides to sue the city.

All officers involved in executing Breonna Taylor and attempting to execute Kenneth Walker should be convicted on manslaughter charges. I know the DA's bitch ass won't go after murder. They all are in bed together.

The police chief that retired in the midst of this fuck-up is a complete coward.

Abolish no-knock warrants, period.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,284 Posts
Cops raid the wrong house scarily often. Like surely making sure its the right house is of the utmost importance. There's zero excuse for getting that wrong, zero. Because when its the wrong house then you're breaking into and terrorising some random innocent family, treating them like scum because you're too stupid to do your job properly.

She died for no reason, she was murdered for doing nothing at all by people that are meant to protect her.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
its like when they dropped a grenade on a baby a few yrs ago and said they had no idea a house with toys all over the yard they were scoping out had kids....all to look for someone who didn't even live there....but they spent hrs scoping the place out

·
From parts unknown
23,002 Posts
its like when they dropped a grenade on a baby a few yrs ago and said they had no idea a house with toys all over the yard they were scoping out had kids....all to look for someone who didn't even live there....but they spent hrs scoping the place out
I'm starting to think that those kinds of executions might be revenge related or something. There was at least one such incident where there was a love triangle or something with a dead 6 year old kid in a cop shooting.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,729 Posts
I remember what you're talking about there Reaper. And from what I remember, that wasnt a love triangle. That was an obsessed cop who kept harrassing this couple and then decided to kill the boyfriend then try and swoop in with the girl. He and a few buddies set a trap and fired a ton of shots at the guys car and killed the 6 year old in the back seat.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,256 Posts
Breonna Taylor's family and Kenneth Walker should receive a large civil suit award for this murder via police terrorism. There absolutely should not be any charges brought on Kenneth Walker. You can't storm unannounced into anybody's home at any time especially in the middle of the night and not expect them to protect their home. Self defense. The 2nd Amendment is in order for Black Americans too. Shocking right?

Every officer that fired a shot here should be convicted of murder and attempted murder, manslaughter at the least.

When will it end? I'm sick of seeing this shit. RIP Breonna Taylor.
This is why I think BGM is important. We've seen an old man die, a former marine, think even another cop die to no-knock warrants and police fuck ups. People have every right to defend themselves.

Because that wouldn't end anything. No matter who won, other nations would look at us like the world looks at Africa now. Just taking piece by piece and carving out foot holds.
Pretty much, though China has been buying up property and black neighborhoods and areas have been slowly being gentrified or taken over by the constant stream of latinos from SA.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts