• Other

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I've got a little bit of time to kill before ROH Final Battle starts.

At last years Final Battle, Tyler Black was main eventing. He's now in WWE Developmental. This got me thinking about all of the guys that have gone on, from ROH, to the "Big Two" promotions and their varying levels of success. It got me wondering about who has been the most successful in the eyes of the WWE fanbase.

You can vote for as many or as few as you want and post your top fives/tens/whatever in the thread too.

You can also vote in the TNA Poll here: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/total-nonstop-action-wrestling/530889-breaking-glass-ceiling-roh-alumni-tna.html

1. CM Punk
2. Brian Kendrick
3. Paul London
4. Joey Mercury
5. Mickie James
6. Daniel Bryan
7. Jamie Noble
8. Nunzio
9. Evan Bourne
10. Eddie Guerrero

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
I'll give you a clue. I didn't vote for Scotty Goldman.

I don't really consider Eddie a ROH guy so I voted CM Punk.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Sorry I was laughing at the "BIG TWO" part. LOL

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Punk and it's not even close. He's a Three-time World Champion, ECW Champion, Triple Crown Champion(IC Champion, Tag Team Champion), and two-time Mr. MITB.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eddie definitely wasn't made in ROH. I'm not crediting ROH for that. His short spell on the indies in 2001/2002 though was a huge wake-up call for him.

Prior to that he was a relative unimportant midcarder in WWE. He was romantically involved with Chyna and feuding with the likes of Albert. After his spell in the wilderness he went on a tear that led to him holding numerous belts, being involved in some really memorable angles and, ultimately, having an emotional World Title win. He's remembered more for what he did after his spell on the indies.

I also wanted him on the list for completism.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Voted for CM Punk. Even if I counted Guerrero, CM Punk is a 3 time World Champion. Sure Guerrero would have probably won more tiles, but the fact is he didn't. CM Punk is the most talented guy in the WWE right now and no doubt will have more world title reigns in his future. His feud with Hardy was the highlight of the year last year as well and it was the only watchable Hardy feud ever tbh.

Just looking at the list of guys though it proves that the talent that come out of ROH/Mexico/England anywhere where they have been around for years developing their skills are so much better than the crap that comes out of the cookie cutter pro rasller factory that is FCW.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,839 Posts
Not really counting Guerrero, although I understand why he's included... It's CM Punk by about a thousand miles. DX-HHH-DX lists his WWE credentials, and to that you can add him being someone WWE definitely trusts with ample mic time (to say the least), someone who has had one of the edgier and more outstanding WWE characters of this entire era and was the driving force behind the best feud/angle of 2009 in his war with Jeff Hardy/descent into villainy. I suspect that once most of the bigger current and ascending "Youth Movement" projects are either established or at least given trial runs, it'll go full circle back to the first of the current Youth Movement fraternity, and Punk will be given another run with the ball, probably for a lengthier and more high-profile manner.

Even if Daniel Bryan makes it to the top of WWE, I honestly don't see him having several world championship reigns to his name the way Punk already did when he was 30 years of age. But I could be surprised.

·
The Man
15,247 Posts
CM Punk and its not even close. Bryan may possibly be a big thing, but nobody else accomplished anything (not counting Eddie here). It's a shame as London and Kendrick were a talented team, extremely over, and then moved to RAW and... well, you can see what became of that.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Punk by a landslide he is one of the few guys that wasn't made in the WWE, that made it to the top of mountain more than once might I add. He was a three time WHC, one time Tag Team, ECW & IC champion and two time MITB winner. As well as Wrestling Observer Newsletter gave him the 2009 feud of the year (with Jeff Hardy) and the best gimmick of 2009. Daniel Bryan would come in second place in my mind. Just matters how well he is used from here on out.

Wouldn't count Guerrero or Hardy in this to be honest. Both weren't made in ROH and had runs with WCW and/or WWE before ROH.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Lets run through the list.
Bourne: Jobber with a backflip finisher
Bryan: Midcarder
Punk: Multiple time world champion
Goldman: Hahahahahahahaha
Eddie: Doesn't count as an ROH guy in my books. He wrestled in companies that matter first.
Matt Hardy: Doesn't count. You may as well include Ric Flair in the list of Ex ROH guys if you're including him. ANd he was a midcarder before and after his firing.
Mickie James: Divas don't break through the glass floorboards, let alone the cieling.
Kaval: Midcarder, debatably a jobber.
Kendrick: Midcarder
London: Undercarder
Mercury: doesn't count. He's more remembered for his MNM work than anything he did in ROH. And besides, he's never done anything outside fo a tag team or stable.
Noble: Jobber.

I'll go with Punk, seeing as he's achieved stuff at a main event level and all.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Out of that list I pick Eddie Guerro. The man worked his ass off to get to the top. CM Punk is good, but I think he was able to catch a lucky break. Eddie had a much longer and harder climb to the top.

·
Thank You Randy Savage.
3,773 Posts
CM Punk, seeing as he's the only true ROH guy to properly main event. I don't count Eddie as an ROH guy. Daniel Bryan hasn't gone through the ceiling yet, so anyone voting for him is baffling.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
It's obviously Punk, as everyone's said. Bryan will hopefully make it big one day, as will a couple of others from that list.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn! I left Little Guido off the poll. He'd obviously be winning otherwise.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts