• Other

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I've got a little bit of time to kill before ROH Final Battle starts.

At last years Final Battle, Tyler Black was main eventing. He's now in WWE Developmental. This got me thinking about all of the guys that have gone on, from ROH, to the "Big Two" promotions and their varying levels of success. It got me wondering about who has been the most successful in the eyes of the TNA fanbase.

You can vote for as many or as few as you want, in the poll, and post your top fives/tens/whatever and your reason why, in the thread.

You can also vote in the WWE Poll here: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/530890-breaking-glass-ceiling-roh-alumni-wwe.html

1. AJ Styles
2. Samoa Joe
3. Christopher Daniels
4. Homicide
5. Abyss
6. Alex Shelley
7. Chris Sabin
8. Low Ki
9. Jay Lethal
10. Doug Williams

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
AJ Styles really didn't spend that much time in ROH when you really think about it. If it weren't for ROH and the style of wrestling and matches they were putting on there and when TNA was taking a lot of their guys then maybe he wouldn't have turned out the talent in the ring that he is but he's a TNA guy. Yes though if you wanna go with the number 1 guy it would be Styles. I think WWE has done way better with who they have. No matter how misused he is Desmond Wolfe/Nigel McGuiness will always be #2 or #3 on a list like this. Motor City Machine Guns are right up there in the top five and Joe is as well.

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
AJ is the only one to have actually broken the glass ceiling and stayed near the top, so I guess the vote goes to him by default. Joe got there, but since then he's failed. The same could be said for Daniels, who was close. Others have meanwhile languished around the midcard area without really getting any further.

AJ/MCMG should not be on this list.
Why The Guns? Shelley spent a lot of time doing stuff in ROH before he did anything meaningful in TNA. I could understand Sabin alone being more of a TNA boy, but Shelley? Not a chance.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
AJ is the only one to have actually broken the glass ceiling and stayed near the top, so I guess the vote goes to him by default. Joe got there, but since then he's failed. The same could be said for Daniels, who was close. Others have meanwhile languished around the midcard area without really getting any further.

Why The Guns? Shelley spent a lot of time doing stuff in ROH before he did anything meaningful in TNA. I could understand Sabin alone being more of a TNA boy, but Shelley? Not a chance.
Exactly. The Guns. Not Shelley. Not Sabing. The Guns. The child of MCMG/Hidaka/Nash. I believe their US debut was in TNA. Not to mention that they really MADE IT in 2010 as the Gunz.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AJ was with ROH for four years and held two Championships. I definitely consider him an "TNA guy" though. Which might tell it's own story, as far as glass ceilings go.

As for whether WWE or TNA have used the guys better, check the WWE poll. After looking into it, I think TNA have actually done more with more ex-ROH guys, although CM Punk is the most pushed individual of them all.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I voted for Joe cause his feud with Angle is the most memorable thing in TNA history. I also believe he has headlined some of PPVs with the highest buyrates in company history as well. It's really a no contest.

[email protected] the topic being ignorant. Mcshnobel is sucha troll.

·
#StayClassyWF
1,073 Posts
I voted for Joe, AJ and Abyss.

Joe was one of the brightest lights in TNA back in 2007 and 2008. He has headlined Bound for Glory, he has had a World Title run, he was the one chosen to feud with Kurt when he debuted in TNA. I'd say that he was pretty well used up until mid 2008.

AJ Styles is TNA. He is the 1st name that springs to mind for me when I think of TNA, he has also headlined BFG, had a TNA World Title run, multiple X divison title reigns, is the 1st grand slam champion in TNA, he was placed at the top of TNA during Hogan/Bischoff's first three months in TNA, he has been aligned with Flair. He has shattered the glass ceiling, never mind broke it.

Abyss is one I had to think about. He has been booked fairly strongly during his time in TNA, he was given a major push this year, he was the one chosen to begin the "THEY" angle, he has held the title, he is part of the biggest faction (kayfabe) in TNA history. I'd say that is pretty successful.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Voted for AJ, if TNA was bigger he would probably be the biggest guy to come out of ROH ever based on his title record/importance to his company. Overall CM Punk takes first place, followed by AJ and Danielson as third. Joe should in theory be up there with those guys, but he has barely gotten important storylines in recent memory, the last time he was booked in an important storyline was when he went against MEM around mid 2009, and well he had a one time filler mainevent role where he lost to AJ (forgot which PPV though, maybe Final Resolution 2009?).

·
2,775 Posts
I think AJ has made the biggest impact, even though I do view him as a TNA guy really. Samoa Joe closely follows AJ though, with Daniels in third for me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts