Wrestling Forum banner

BREAKING NEWS : WrestleMania 28 Location Officially Announced

20967 Views 150 Replies 99 Participants Last post by  dxbender
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/02/09/2057187/wrestlemania-28-headed-to-sun.html

WrestleMania is heading to Miami.

World Wrestling Entertainment will officially announce today that Wrestlemania 28 will be held at the Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida, reports the Miami Herald.

Miami and Toronto had been the frontrunners in recent weeks, according to company sources.

Sun Life Stadium, home to the Miami Dolphins, can seat over 75,000 for the event.
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

· Banned
6,072 Posts
Leaning towards passing on this one. I'm sure there's some great parts, and I'd love to come to South Florida someday, but it's not a priority compared to NYC or Canada.

· Registered
20,782 Posts
Seems kinda silly seeing how it was just in Orlando a few years ago.

· Premium Member
24,105 Posts
Lame. Bring it to the Bay Area
That will never happen. They aren't gonna do it at Candlestick and I really can't see them converting AT & T or whatever they call it these days for a wrestling show. Not to mention the weather in SF, in early April can be entirely unpredictable. Unless they build something to cover the ring incase of rain and even then it'd be highly unlikely.I can't think of any stadium sized building with a roof in the bay that could hold WrestleMania either.

· Banned
8,885 Posts
That will never happen. They aren't gonna do it at Candlestick and I really can't see them converting AT & T or whatever they call it these days for a wrestling show. Not to mention the weather in SF, in early April can be entirely unpredictable. Unless they build something to cover the ring incase of rain and even then it'd be highly unlikely.I can't think of any stadium sized building with a roof in the bay that could hold WrestleMania either.
True that, just wish there was some way so that I could watch it without having to fly across the whole entire united states.

· Premium Member
24,105 Posts
True that, just wish there was some way so that I could watch it without having to fly across the whole entire united states.
Yeah I feel you. I saw WreslteMania 2000 in Anaheim when I was like 8 so it's not a huge deal for me since I've been to one. It would be nice though. Probably the only WWE PPV that would be worth paying to see live these days. Maybe if the 49ers get a new stadium or something it could happen assuming they don't move outof SF.

I'm not really against this decision though. Yeah Florida just had one, but Miami is nice and they should be able to have it outdoors with good weather. Although it did briefly rain at the last FL WM I believe. I wouldn't mind going to a Miami WrestleMania, but I'm not down to drop that kind of $$ on wrestling. Plus I won't be 21 until after WM28 so that could probably make Miami lest interesting. Miami is way better than fucking tacky ass Orlando.

· Registered
10,207 Posts
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Seriously WTF is this shit, Florida getting another Wrestlemania, I don't understand why Toronto didn't get it, we are due for one. If not Toronto I would have been happy with somewhere like New Orleans, San Diego, Indianapolis, somewhere new, fucking Miami. This was a poor decision for sure, if Cena vs Taker is the plan for next year, you need a crazy atmosphere, and Toronto would have provided that, just look at Warrior vs Hogan and Rock vs Hogan, or any PPV in Toronto.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.