Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrestling-Radio.com has just received word from numerous sources that even though original plans within TNA called for Rob Van Dam to retain the TNA World Championship at the upcoming TNA Victory Road pay-per-view event in the Fatal Four-Way Match main event, there is now major talk of booking Abyss to win the championship. Hulk Hogan is said to be the one person in particular pushing for Abyss to be awarded the belt.

If this indeed happens, that would mean that the Abyss vs. Hogan match at TNA Bound for Glory would be for the TNA World Championship. This would also mean that Van Dam's scheduled match with Kurt Angle at the same event would then be for the number-one contendership.

No final decision has been made on this yet, but either Abyss or Van Dam will leave TNA Victory Road as the champion.
Good lord, if Hulk Hogan wrestles for the World title, even he doesn't win, I would stop watching TNA forever, that's just ridiculous...

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hogan had better not win the belt. I'm not against older wrestlers winning the belt if they still can go in the ring, but Hogan's ring days are long behind him. I'll reserve justice on Abyss possibly winning the belt until I see some more of this heel turn.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I don't even like RVD, but if they're gonna give it to Abyss I hope to God they keep it on Van Dam. Abyss is just really corny now. Even as a heel he still has Hogan manorisms

And I hope to God Hogan gets the f out

·
Registered
957 Posts
I could just about stand the idea of Hogan wrestling as a one-off for the sake of a storyline. But getting a title shot is just fucking ridiculous. I am an avid supporter of the older guys, and a huge mark when the "Legends" come back for matches and hit their spots. But Hogan has had his day, he can't do a big boot and he can't do a leg drop. That's all he has.

It just shows the different mentalities. Here you have two sixty year old wrestlers on a modern day roster. Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan, both legends in their own right. Ric Flair, whilst he can still go in the ring, he limits it and when he does get in the ring it's for the sake of putting guys over for the business and for the sake of creating future stars. Hulk Hogan, can't go in the ring, he does limit it but he does nothing for the business, everything is about his ego and furthering his legend.

It's just sad, Hulk Hogan is meant to be there to raise the company up yet he's the one holding it down for his own ego.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,966 Posts
funny thing is I cant actually seeing this happening if their intentions are to add creditability to the belt.

·
Registered
562 Posts
What you didn't think Hogan was putting over Abyss for the sake of da business did you.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I could just about stand the idea of Hogan wrestling as a one-off for the sake of a storyline. But getting a title shot is just fucking ridiculous. I am an avid supporter of the older guys, and a huge mark when the "Legends" come back for matches and hit their spots. But Hogan has had his day, he can't do a big boot and he can't do a leg drop. That's all he has.

It just shows the different mentalities. Here you have two sixty year old wrestlers on a modern day roster. Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan, both legends in their own right. Ric Flair, whilst he can still go in the ring, he limits it and when he does get in the ring it's for the sake of putting guys over for the business and for the sake of creating future stars. Hulk Hogan, can't go in the ring, he does limit it but he does nothing for the business, everything is about his ego and furthering his legend.

It's just sad, Hulk Hogan is meant to be there to raise the company up yet he's the one holding it down for his own ego.
To be fair, Hogan hasn't won it. He could be putting Abyss over which I can see, but it's just not something I care about.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
Hogan wants that motherfuckin spotlight ONE MORE TIME! Jesus, that man needs to take a hint.

Hope this is all bullshit.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Can't someone assassinate him before Bound for Glory; like someone who can't take it. Like Alex Shelley get's hooked up on painkillers and anti-depressents and shoots Hulk Hogan.

Hell Russo could even work it into a storyline.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
God, I don't ask for much. But please let this happen. The laughs alone will be worth it.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Hogan please stay out of the ring, not just because nobody wants to see you but also because your back is about one bump away from shattering into a thousand pieces. FFS don't end up in a wheelchair or bed bound for the rest of your life.
Also Fuck Abyss. That fat shit needs to be fired.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
To be perfectly honest though, there's not a soul in TNA that can win the title and get national headlines like Hogan can. Is it going to make die hard wrestling fans happy? Definitely not. Will it make the news? It probably will. At this stage TNA is looking for ratings, and even though I wouldn't want to see Hogan win the belt, or really even get in the ring at this point, it's not gonna stop me from watching TNA. I really doubt it'd stop anyone. Is it possible that it'll garner more viewers when casual fans (Hogan fans at least) see he won? Possibly. I wonder if it'll tie into anything at all with the supposed t.v. show deal he has lined up? I would think that would be the point in time Hogan would win the title. If anything, it'd be a publicity shot that TNA does need. The only question is if it's really going to bring in any casual fans at all. I highly doubt it. Not enough to make it worth while.

1 - 20 of 231 Posts