Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
By Jason Powell

TNA officials came close to pulling Jeff Hardy from Sunday's TNA Final Resolution pay-per-view. At one point, there was concern amongst TNA management that Hardy was in no condition to perform. There was talk of making an announcement that Hardy was injured, and that he was being stripped of the TNA Title.

Replacement main events were discussed and they were planning to go with an alternate main event at one point. However, the original main event of Hardy vs. Matt Morgan with Mr. Anderson as the special referee was back on as of last check.

Powell's POV: One has to wonder what the future holds for Jeff Hardy in TNA given that they nearly stripped him of the TNA Championship. Hardy is scheduled to be back in court on Wednesday to face drug trafficking charges.
Damn Hardy fucks up every where he goes....lol

Update:
As mentioned prior to the TNA Final Resolution PPV, there were forces within the company pushing for TNA champion Jeff Hardy
to be sent home from the company and to be stripped of the TNA championship after concern was voiced over Jeff Hardy's condition upon arrival at the PPV.

After Hardy met with TNA officials, the decision was made to let Hardy work the show. In speaking to multiple sources after the show, I was told that Hardy claimed his condition was not due to any personal issues but exhaustion from his recent TNA schedule.

From what we have been able to piece together, Hardy flew from the Middle East where he had worked the trio of TNA house shows in the U.A.E. this past Wednesday (a 20 hour flight). After landing in Atlanta, Hardy then flew on to North Carolina. I was told Hardy was home just one day (and, as one wrestler pointed out to me, that one day was likely dominated by Hardy's newborn baby) before flying to Michigan to make a personal appearance at a Monster Truck event in Detroit with Jesse Neal and Shannon Moore yesterday.

Someone who was in attendance at the event last night noted that Hardy looked exhausted and spoke of how hard his schedule was the last few weeks, as he had been on the road since the day after Thanksgiving. The same person also told me that Hardy was spotted returning to his room fairly early last night. Hardy then flew from Michigan to Orlando earlier Sunday to the TNA PPV.

When the decision was made to change plans, word spread like wildfire that Hardy was being sent home due to his condition. However, once Hardy explained his position, management backed off of alternative plans and agreed to let him work the show. One person I spoke to just as the PPV kicked off remarked, "False alarm."

Had Hardy been sent home, the plan would have been for Eric Bischoff to announce Hardy was injured on the Middle East tour. The match that would have replaced the main event would have been Matt Morgan vs. Ken Anderson vs. Jeff Jarrett. Since Samoa Joe's contract had expired, he would have been held off the PPV. There's no word on who would have ended up with the championship, but my gut is that Matt Morgan would have ended up with the belt.

As I write this, Hardy is scheduled for all of this week's planned Impact tapings.
pwinsider

·
Registered
476 Posts
Re: BREAKING: Jeff Hardy nearly pulled and stripped of title.

He's like Scott Hall but keeps himself in enough shape to at least perform. He puts his body on the line and takes pride in that. With that said the guy needs to straighten up or else hell end up in a bad spot and he cant blame anyone but himself.

·
Banned
295 Posts

Well, this is what happens when you strap a known drug-abuser. What were they expecting? It's not like this should come as a shock to anyone. The dude obviously has problems. Even if he didn't have problems, why would you put your top belt on a guy that was indicted with federal charges? It was just a poor decision all around.

·
Registered
673 Posts

wow, I really hope Jeff will keep the title for a long time...

I dont like that news...

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

Unsuprising, but a shame, he's a great wrestler when he isn't screwing about.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts

Meh nothing he does surprises me anymore but...

There are conflicting reports making the rounds but as of twenty minutes ago, there was word backstage from one source that TNA champion Jeff Hardy was going to be pulled from tonight's PPV and sent home due to concern about his behavior backstage.

I am told that Hardy is still working the PPV by another source, but the second source conceded that while had been discussions of changing the card for tonight's show, the entire issue was an "overblown misunderstanding" and everything was fine with Hardy.

Hardy is scheduled for his next hearing on his numerous drug charges this Wednesday in Moore County in North Carolina.

PWInsider.com will have more on this as we confirm additional information, but I believe it's a case of a misunderstanding taking on a life of its own, although there certainly was concern at one point.
pwinsider

·
Registered
451 Posts

Shit, i'm actually worried for Hardy at this point. If he were to die next year, would anyone truly be surprised? Sad of course, but honestly he lives an extreme lifestyle.

·
Registered
361 Posts

It was a total misunderstanding, oh but there was concern at one stage.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
319 Posts

Jeff went from being on top of the world--the most over wrestler in the biggest wrestling promotion in North America to being the champion of TNA. On his own terms.

After the 4th or 5th time, suspension after suspension, I simply fail to feel any remorse toward this man. He's a father, he's a grown man. He's had a rough past that continues to eat him up. I don't hope for anyone to suffer but at this point I don't care what happens. He's had many more chances than most people ever receive.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts

If he got stripped right now it would be too early and not only that but it would have been a waste of money to make the Divas Title belt.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

Yeah he's just the new school Scott Hall, just can never shake the drug problem. At this point I just hope he kicks it for his kid's sake at least.

·
Registered
340 Posts

Regardless if true, if TNA actually stripped him of the title and sent him home the night of a PPV World Title match, then they have no prove their lack of senses. Same happened with RVD, instead of putting him with a challenger they actually wanted to give the title to before he left. Instead they run a stupid injury angle, remove the title, start a tournament, and have RVD return before the vacated title has a new champ.

Not saying Morgan should win the title, but if they were to strip him of the title, that'd be the most idiotic thing.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts

That main event is going to suck.

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts

If Jeff was in bad enough condition for them to consider stripping him of the title, and it ends up being a misunderstanding (presumably meaning he wasn't under any kind of "influence"), I'll just be left wondering how bad he is when he's actually fucked up.

·
Registered
85 Posts

Well if he is stripped and sent home I would like to see who would become the new posterboy for immortals

·
Banned
295 Posts

I fail to understand how this can be a "complete misunderstanding." He's either drugged out of his head, or he isn't. Where's the misunderstanding part and how could you possibly get something like that wrong?

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts

J-Co said:
I fail to understand how this can be a "complete misunderstanding." He's either drugged out of his head, or he isn't. Where's the misunderstanding part and how could you possibly get something like that wrong?
He was probably drunkenly ranting about making Morgan a star.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts

He looked fine tonight, nothing really obviously wrong with him...

Maybe TNA knows something about his trail nobody else knows, but who knows probably just the typical dirt sheet bs.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts