Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As Bray Wyatt enters into another pointless feud, this time with Seth Rollins, it got me thinking how much WWE has fucked this character up.
He has went from being a genuinely unique and interesting character played by a talented young performer in 2014 to being yet another member of the 50/50 club played by another young performer plagued by scandal. His affair with JoJo isn't the fault of WWE creative obviously, but his descent into mediocrity is.

What really gets me though, is that at the start of this year, he looked like he was on the road to recovery. In the space of a week, he beat John Cena twice, AJ Styles once, and won the WWE Title. Only to drop it to a totally undeserving, lukewarm, stale babyface in Randy Orton. And for what? For Orton to have another nothing WWE title reign then drop it to Vince's latest pet project in order to break a foreign market.......fucks sake.
Fair fucks to Mahal, he's doing a decent job as WWE Champion IMO but for me I'd rather see Wyatt on Smackdown as a babyface.
I think before the Orton fiasco at Wrestlemania, Wyatt had regained some fan support and a lot of WWE fans casual and smart, were happy to see him finally win the big one. And I think WWE could have used this to finally turn him face and finally freshen up his character.

But no, Bray Wyatt is on Raw, feuding with a directionless Seth Rollins for reasons............I don't even know why they are feuding. It's just another case of, Bray gets the hump with a babyface, attacks him for whatever reasons........and here we go again....

Like I said, what a waste.

·
Guitar tech for Elias
875 Posts
His fued with Rollins is incredibly boring, agreed.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
54,635 Posts
99% of WWE feuds are pointless. Bray never stood a chance because his character doesn't work in today's culture. It's a completely different world that isn't conducive with today's world. The character shouldn't have ever been given the green light.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I cannot be doing with brays promos anymore, they are boring and literally spout nonsense that he never backs up, I groan everytime he opens the choke and pulls the cord just shut the fuck up already.

other than that, hes whatever, just give him the dancing gimmick already and get it over with.

I disagree with the gimmick not being able to work in todays wwe, it did work...once but wwe just destroyed all the mystique in it and people lost interest, the wyatt family was pretty interesting, its a dead duck now.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
As Bray Wyatt enters into another pointless feud, this time with Seth Rollins, it got me thinking how much WWE has fucked this character up.
He has went from being a genuinely unique and interesting character played by a talented young performer in 2014 to being yet another member of the 50/50 club played by another young performer plagued by scandal. His affair with JoJo isn't the fault of WWE creative obviously, but his descent into mediocrity is.
What really gets me though, is that at the start of this year, he looked like he was on the road to recovery. In the space of a week, he beat John Cena twice, AJ Styles once, and won the WWE Title. Only to drop it to a totally undeserving, lukewarm, stale babyface in Randy Orton. And for what? For Orton to have another nothing WWE title reign then drop it to Vince's latest pet project in order to break a foreign market.......fucks sake. Fair fucks to Mahal, he's doing a decent job as WWE Champion IMO but for me I'd rather see Wyatt on Smackdown as a babyface. I think before the Orton fiasco at Wrestlemania, Wyatt had regained some fan support and a lot of WWE fans casual and smart, were happy to see him finally win the big one. And I think WWE could have used this to finally turn him face and finally freshen up his character.
But no, Bray Wyatt is on Raw, feuding with a directionless Seth Rollins for reasons............I don't even know why they are feuding.
Like I said, what a waste.
You're being too him there

He isn't a member of the 50/50 club he's a member of the 20/80 club. He almost always loses to anyone remotely decent. They don't call him the eater of pins for nothing.

He'd kill for 50/50 booking right now

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Ye I don't pay attention to his promos anymore cause he says the same shit & just gets battered

·
NEWCASTLE UNITED
2,879 Posts
Wyatt's rambling promos have never been entertaining. and honestly how can you have any mystique or wow factor when you're losing every feud, and never even looking decent in said feuds. Just makes you look a joke from a character pov.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
how can you possibly bring bray out and not have his opponents sigh with relief that its not anyone else on the roster?

the guys just a homeless drunk spouting fantasy ramblings, they should know hes of no threat.

Reactions: NXT83

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
They squandered the best opportunity they've had in ages to have a compelling character and make a butt ton of money in large part because Vince and Kevin Dunn don't like his look, his accent, and don't get the hillbilly preacher/swap cult leader thing.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
At this point he's just the guy they use to keep the guys they're higher on looking strong when they have nothing to do with them, which is indeed a massive waste. No thought is put into his feuds at all. It's basically just "Well, ______ isn't doing anything right now. Guess we'll feed Bray to him for the time being."

It's a damn shame.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
He's shit. One of the most overrated wrestlers of all time.

His character is one dimensional and stale, every promo he's ever cut is essentially exactly the same as the last, and he's average in the ring. Literally no idea why everyone insists on riding his dick so hard.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Bray had all the tools to be a major heel with his stable of giants. Bray also could have been the perfect anti Authority hero instead of Roman but WWE goofed. His booking seemed pretty foolproof but as always WWE found a way to fuck it all the way up. Same thing with Rusev and Ambrose

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
99% of WWE feuds are pointless. Bray never stood a chance because his character doesn't work in today's culture. It's a completely different world that isn't conducive with today's world. The character shouldn't have ever been given the green light.
I'd think it'll be a brilliant gimmick in Lucha Undeerground. It's got that over the top act that fits perfectly, just imagine how far Brays characters can really go. kidnapping, torture, sinister promos.

It can be so entertaining. Bray is a great promo guy which is why he can make it work, but his booking always goes against his gimmick

Matts broken gimmick worked in TNA too but you know when WWE get a hold of it, if they ever do, you know its going to suck. Matt Hardy should have taken that gimmick anywhere but WWE.

Taking these sort of gimmicks to the WWE is a death sentence. Every other promotion can make it work but WWE because they lack creativity.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
17,363 Posts
I was a major of fan of his for years, especially in NXT and late FCW days. Ever since his victory over Kane in 2013, he went downhill from there. As a solo act he began to lose to John Cena, Randy Orton, Roman Reigns and the list goes on. He just comes on the screen talk some shit on the guy he had no reason jumping. Gets in the pay per view match, loses the match and feud. Then the next night he would jump onto the next guy and the cycle repeats. I would take him seriously if the guy was booked like a winner that wins his feuds instead of losing them. Don't get me started about WM losing streak.

His feud with Seth Rollins doesn't make sense since he was just talking shit to Finn Balor when he got traded to Raw in the shake up.

I feel his character would work better in the attitude era with the Brood or Ministy Of Darkness. Or the New Generation Era (93-96).

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Bray has had all the tools to be the top heel but he's always had the worst booking someone can get, I swear to this day the only guy who's really put him over was Bryan at the Rumble in 2014 and for a long time now people have wanted him to turn face because they want to cheer for him and they see potential in him as an anti-authority figure sort of person. I honestly feel the feud with Orton was the breaking point for so many fans, they just can't seem to take him seriously anymore and the whole Rollins feud (to which I have no idea why they're feuding in the first place) it just feels like a lot of people are just laughing at this feud because they know whatever happens, neither guy will look stronger.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah, I'd really like to see him as a happy dancer right now. That gimmick would be a better option for him right now.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
At first I was still interested in his promos, but now he just keeps on blabbering about the same ol crap while actually achieving nothing in the ring.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts