Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

when this feud was first announced, I have to admit I rolled my eyes and figured to be another Wyatt burial. But after Bray's amazing promos to build this match, now I absolutely can not wait for this match.

even if Taker wins, there's no doubt in my mind that in the end Bray will be the one looking strong. I'm expecting something big to happen at the end of this match. Maybe a Wyatt reunion and sacrificing Taker to a cross? :mark:

but if Taker wins and then just leaves, I have no hope for this company anymore.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bray won't be buried any way this comes out of, unless of course they try to actually bury him and squash him.. but you can tell how he's going into mania with another huge match, the company has faith in him.. and let's him run with the ball, he doesn't do scripts for his promo either. Also taker is booked for raw after mania so expect the fallout to continue there, he isn't going to just vanish.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Taker will soundly pin him clean 1-2-3, and this fucking company will continue to wonder why they have such a hard time building new stars that they have to drag broken down part-timers out of semi-retirement every year to sell PPVs.

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Just saw that interview, Bray is very easy to listen to. He just gets it, he gives me a old school feel. I'm on the more positive side when it comes to this match. This is one of the matches im most looking forward to. Whether he wins or lose I fully believe Bray is coming out of this strong. He deserves it. hes done an amazing job building interest in this match all by himself. Their first stare down in the ring will be amazing. Win or Lose, he'll come out of this mania better than he entered.

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
Great interview. Dude knows where he wants to go and is willing to do whatever it takes to get there. Should be going over on Sunday.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Bray loses decisively so taker looks strong for next year. But don't worry, taker will 'put him over' the next night on raw which won't mean jack shit. history will just remember taker winning. It goes like this for taker 'and the Deadman rebounded during them csuse the fans the next year, putting away the newest pretender to his throne bray wyatt at wrestlemania'. No mention of taker doing anything else. The supposed putting bray over is j it st a pathetic attempt yo salvage some credibility for him but as good as he is with promos he getting more and more what chants
during them cause the fans are catching on to the fact he isn't beating anyone except Daniel bryan, and with bryan losing more and more that won't mean anything.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've said this before, Rookie Randy Orton didn't get buried when he lost to the undertaker at wrestlemania, and randy had momentum and was doing his "Legend Killer" gimmick, if you guys are always stressing out and whining and complaining you guys are going to grow old looking worse than the part timers that some of you say "look like 90 years old when 40-50 w.e)

·
Registered
38 Posts
If Taker wins, I'll lose all respect to The Undertaker.
He doesn't have creative control, he didn't call vince and say "let me go over on wyatt or i'll walk out of the company" he isn't a mark for himself like some guys, last year was proof that even if your a veteran in WWE for however many years, you don't call the shots, VKM does.

·
From parts unknown
23,273 Posts
I'm less amazed at Bray's composure and work ethic than I am at the fact that people actually think there's any reason to keep watching him given that there's absolutely no way in fucking hell Bray is going over Taker.

I haven't seen anything involving Bray Wyatt since RR .. not even a single clip or picture.

He was done the minute tried to make him a huge heel by eliminating Bryan (and obviously it didn't work).

Nothing about this feud works for me or is even remotely compelling enough to watch.

I'm just surprised that there are people who are watching .. That said, I never even found Shakespearean soliloquys interesting .. So Bray Rambling Wyatt never had a chance.

·
Premium Member
8,582 Posts
Look Bray Wyatt is talented no doubt but he's not at the level him or his fans think he is.
He's almost there but not quite and I guess that's what bothers me the most about him and his fans.
He is NOT on par with Jake Roberts, Mankind/Cactus Jack/Mick Foley, or The Undertaker. Not even close. Bray is like the remake of an epic cult classic of a movie that turned out to be a pretty good movie on it's own, but still didn't hold a candle to the original.
That sounds harsh but I fully believe it to be the truth.

Now I've probably rustled a few feathers so if so re-read my opening sentence.
Bray Wyatt is VERY talented for WWE in 2015.
In an era where mic skills have gone down the toilet, Bray is carving his own path but seemingly from echoes of the past mixed into strange ramblings.
The Ultimate Warrior has at times made more sense in a promo than Bray Wyatt and that's not for lack of understanding it's from Bray just rambling.

I enjoyed this interview (in OP) a great deal though. Bray is very well spoken and, like Daniel Bryan is easy to relate to if you've ever had to work hard for something in life, especially something you've been passionate about.

My problem is that he seems to be a bit too proud of himself which would be a contrast to Daniel Bryan. To put it more simply, he believes his own hype. He is very good but he's not great. He's probably a better wrestler than talker. That's what he'll be putting on display this Sunday. All the talking will be over. Taker & Bray will go to war in the ring. Hell, come to think of it, this will be the closest we ever get to Taker vs. Mankind again. From that point of view, Bray Wyatt has arrived and Sunday is his homecoming.

Sunday will be his time to truly live up to the hype.
Taker will take Bray to school and at the end, win or lose, Wyatt may finally be deserving of that hype.

·
B̴l̨e͡edįng͜ Sin ⛧
10,403 Posts
That's just typical wrestler bravado, this show isn't gonna be good to him, you can rest assured of that. Taker is going over decisively and Bray Wyatt isn't figured into any major plans post Mania, because God forbid we push guys with mic skills like we used to and not looks.
I can't see how anyone can be optimistic for Wyatt tbh.

Same deal with Ambrose. They're fucked.

·
Registered
223 Posts
That's just typical wrestler bravado, this show isn't gonna be good to him, you can rest assured of that. Taker is going over decisively and Bray Wyatt isn't figured into any major plans post Mania, because God forbid we push guys with mic skills like we used to and not looks.
Unfortunately, this is the sad truth. The fact is that this match should have happened last year at WM30 when Wyatt was white hot coming off the victory over Bryan. The streak ending only made sense to happen with Bray ending it. That was THE RIGHT move and best for business as people like to say but not do. With both losing last year, it paints both wrestlers into a corner. Bray really cant afford to lose. Facts are facts. The guy needs to go over a legitimate wrestler to have any credibility. However Undertaker losing two in a row? MAYBE but they wont do it. Taker will go over even though it will destroy more of the product that is piss poor already. They will want Taker to be strong to take on Sting next year.

It is more intruiging to have Taker go 2 losses in a row and have him questioned if he has anything left, only to triumphantly retire a winner in his home state next year. WWE isn't that smart to work that angle however.

History is doomed to repeat itself. Looks over Ability on the stick. Complex characters that should be developed like Ambrose and Bray need to be pushed (DEVELOPED), they need to go over. End of story. The guys that can work the stick are the ones that can get that fan connection, they are the ones that sell and draw people. It doesn't work if you have a guy like Bray who will lose to Taker at mania because no one will want to hear what he has to say because he is just a loser.

I am excited for the match but I fear the worst. Bray needs the win or most casuals will not accept him, us geeks on here will because we love wrestling but the point is that he needs to be built up to be THE DRAW as the top heel. HE MUST WIN!

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They will want Taker to be strong to take on Sting next year.
I keep seeing people say this. Taker doesn't need be booked strong to sell tickets to WM. He's the fucking Undertaker.

It is more intruiging to have Taker go 2 losses in a row and have him questioned if he has anything left, only to triumphantly retire a winner in his home state next year. WWE isn't that smart to work that angle however.
Yes, WWE/Vince isn't smart enough to work that angle, but I think Taker has to be smart enough to realize putting Wyatt over is what would be best for business.

either way, like I said, win or lose, what takes place after the match is what I'll be looking out for. If Taker just walks off with no retaliation from Bray then fuck this company as usual.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts