Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
- Reader Jeff Highcove sent word that at tonight's WWE live event in Providence, during a six-man tag team match, Bray Wyatt was chasing Darren Young out of the ring but landed wrong, immediately went to the ground and ended up crawling back to the ring.

The Wyatt Family won the match but after the referee threw up the "X" symbol to signal a quick finish. Erick Rowan and Luke Harper carried Bray out of the ring. Jeff added that Bray looked like he was in obvious pain.
Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Bray_Wyatt_Possibly_Injured_at_Tonight_s_WWE_Live_Event_In_Providence.html#FzSYeQj2gd2HJDHE.99

I hope he's okay!

So I know sites have already reported it but I just got home from the Providence show and wanted to share what I saw of Bray’s injury.

It was the Wyatt Family vs PTP/Truth and after sitting in his rocking chair for most of the match, Bray had just come in and hit some offense before tagging out. Darren Young went to leave by running up the ramp, and Bray stepped off from the apron to follow him. As soon as he hit the ground he was on the floor in pain, he was able to briefly stand and try to follow but he couldn’t put any weight on his left foot. He conversed with the refs at ringside, then very gently rolled into the ring and tagged Harper in. He was able to stand again for like a minute but was visibly in a whole lot of pain, he had to sit on the edge of the apron while Luke finished the match. He then crawled into the ring to do the kneeling ‘follow the buzzards’ taunt and crawled back to sit on the apron until Harper and Rowan could help him to the back. He was limping very badly at this point, not able to put any weight on the leg.

After the show I went to stand by the parking lot where they leave from to see if he was walking, limping, or something, and heard over a security guard’s walkie (which he then repeated to us) that he was being taken to the hospital. Rowan and Harper left in a car without him.

The ok side to this is that if he is injured (I’m pretty sure he is, ankle might even be broken) he could still come out and cut promos/sit ringside for Rowan and Harper’s matches.

It totally sucked though seeing one of my favorites get hurt so badly. :(

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Re: Bray Wyatt Possibly Injured at Tonight's WWE Live Event In Providence Read more a

not good.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Re: Bray Wyatt Possibly Injured at Tonight's WWE Live Event In Providence Read more a

If something is seriously wrong, this will be his second injury in the last 18 months, god damnit.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts

Sucks, but honestly, I think the Wyatt family got off to a bad start. This could be killer or it could them a chance to re-debut with an actual story and plan and less importance shit going on.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts

Horrendous. Now his push is dead and gone and they'll push some hack in his place and he'll return in a year and get put on job duty since Vince has long forgotten who he is. Just when the company is at its absolute worst. I can't handle much more of this.

·
-
7,495 Posts

Sucks, but honestly, I think the Wyatt family got off to a bad start. This could be killer or it could them a chance to re-debut with an actual story and plan and less importance shit going on.
This. They don't even know what to do with them right now. Give Wyatt Family time off until a proper storyline and feud is planned for them.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts

Horrendous. Now his push is dead and gone and they'll push some hack in his place and he'll return in a year and get put on job duty since Vince has long forgotten who he is. Just when the company is at its absolute worst. I can't handle much more of this.
66 thousand posts tells me you've probably endured much worse at some point.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Re: Bray Wyatt Possibly Injured at Tonight's WWE Live Event

Potentially good news. They aren't using him correctly ATM, and Wyatt's injury in NXT was the catalyst for the Family's great run. They've invested too much in the group to be taken off TV, and if this means Harper and Rowan get to do Bray's bidding for a couple of months and set up a potentially big angle for his in-ring return then I'm all for it. TBH that's what should have been happening anyway, Bray should only have wrestled once or twice at most, they need to build mystique around the character and this could force them to start doing things properly and booking the stable like they did in NXT.

·
Registered
18,005 Posts

this sucks..but to be honest..i won't miss the wyatt's much..they haven't been in a meaningful angle lately.

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts

apparently its a leg injury. for his sake I hope he didn't tear anything.

·
Fairy Hunter
1,783 Posts

As much as this sucks, I'm not going to miss seeing the Wyatt Family. They haven't been entertaining me much.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Just make him Like scsa or orton when he was injuried still appear But beat up ppl. He can still sit in a chair and manage the others or talk trash. He shouldnt be at home eating a cheeseburger make him do something threw it

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts

He seems to be injury prone.
I don't wanna give him the Sin Cara title yet, but, he's gonna need to be a bit more careful. He's got some major back support from the peeps high up, and if he's gonna be used prominently, he's gonna need to be more reliable.

Anyways, it's probably minor and he'll heal quick, hopefully.

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts

My kids are at Dunkin Donuts Center and Bray Wyatt seemed to hurt his right leg pretty bad from a bump into the rail. Our seats had an excellent view of the Gorilla Position. After Rowan and Harper helped him to the back, they put him right on the ground while medical personnel checked him out.
via PWInsider

Windham Rotunda, who wrestles as Bray Wyatt, appeared to injure his knee at the house show in Providence, RI.

Rotunda may have tripped over a piece of the railing while turning the corner in running around outside the ring. He was hobbled pretty bad.

The Wyatt Family was facing R-Truth & Titus O'Neil & Darren Young. He was chasing Young when he collapsed down the aisle. The wrestlers worked immediately to the finish. Erick Rowan and Luke Harper carried Wyatt to the back when it was over.
via F4WOnline

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Time to blame Darren Young then. :p

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Another fan's report.

So I know sites have already reported it but I just got home from the Providence show and wanted to share what I saw of Bray’s injury.

It was the Wyatt Family vs PTP/Truth and after sitting in his rocking chair for most of the match, Bray had just come in and hit some offense before tagging out. Darren Young went to leave by running up the ramp, and Bray stepped off from the apron to follow him. As soon as he hit the ground he was on the floor in pain, he was able to briefly stand and try to follow but he couldn’t put any weight on his left foot. He conversed with the refs at ringside, then very gently rolled into the ring and tagged Harper in. He was able to stand again for like a minute but was visibly in a whole lot of pain, he had to sit on the edge of the apron while Luke finished the match. He then crawled into the ring to do the kneeling ‘follow the buzzards’ taunt and crawled back to sit on the apron until Harper and Rowan could help him to the back. He was limping very badly at this point, not able to put any weight on the leg.

After the show I went to stand by the parking lot where they leave from to see if he was walking, limping, or something, and heard over a security guard’s walkie (which he then repeated to us) that he was being taken to the hospital. Rowan and Harper left in a car without him.

The ok side to this is that if he is injured (I’m pretty sure he is, ankle might even be broken) he could still come out and cut promos/sit ringside for Rowan and Harper’s matches.

It totally sucked though seeing one of my favorites get hurt so badly. :(

1 - 20 of 114 Posts