Wrestling Forum banner

Bray Wyatt is the next Kane not the next Undertaker (booking wise)

7074 Views 57 Replies 40 Participants Last post by  deanambroselover
He's always going to be the guy who is pushed and made to look like a threat but at the same time lose most of his big matches kind of like Kane.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
820 Posts
The more I think about it, Wyatt is not like Taker/Kane/etc...

He's Gangrel.

He's tough from the faction's assistance. He gets some bigger matches for the group spectacle, but is never top of the card. He has potential, but isn't given the opportunity to do much with it.

Flashy entrance / cool music.

Lights out gimmicks (appearing out of nowhere, ghosts, etc...)

The lantern is his chalice/goblet.

Both dudes were on the heavy side without being Yoko/Viscera/Rikishi level huge.

· Registered
37,516 Posts
Nothing wrong with being Kane, Kane is my all time favorite.

But I still say people are writing him off early. Not like he's been on the roster as Bray Wyatt as long as say Ziggler and Barrett. If by early 2018 he hasn't been champ then panic. He only debuted around Summerslam 2013 after all.

After all isn't this the slow "let us get familiar with him" push a lot of people were saying Reigns should have got?

· Welcome To The Jungle
2,066 Posts
The Wyatt Family is a cool idea but even though Bray's the leader, it always seems like he's hiding behind the other guys, plus they've surrounded him with guys that are twice as big as him, Bray at the moment is a really cool character but we all know, he'll lose when it matters, which sucks because there's a star right there, he has it but he's booked to look like the this cowardly leader who can't get the job done

· Registered
3,395 Posts
People he should've went over:
Cena,Undertaker 1, Roman Reigns, and Undertaker 2....whadya know, every single top level feud he was booked as a bitch hiding behind his monsters. Would Taker, Lesnar, Cena, Goldberg, 90's Kane be here right now if they were booked as the little engine that couldn't?? Hell no, because that's not how you produce new top stars, take a look at Marc Henry's hall of pain run, they booked him as a dominant monster by himself, and because of that booking, a credible main eventer was created over night.

Reactions: Paladine

· Banned
130 Posts
He's always going to be the guy who is pushed and made to look like a threat but at the same time lose most of his big matches kind of like Kane.
Bray Wyatt is the next fucking Bray Wyatt, not Kane, Undertaker, or anyone else for that fucking matter. What the fuck is it with the IWC always fucking comparing a modern wrestler with a retired/older wrestler.

· Banned
6,169 Posts
He's the next Hobo.

The more I think about it, Wyatt is not like Taker/Kane/etc...

He's Gangrel.

He's tough from the faction's assistance. He gets some bigger matches for the group spectacle, but is never top of the card. He has potential, but isn't given the opportunity to do much with it.

Flashy entrance / cool music.

Lights out gimmicks (appearing out of nowhere, ghosts, etc...)

The lantern is his chalice/goblet.

Both dudes were on the heavy side without being Yoko/Viscera/Rikishi level huge.
Gangrel did much more awesome stuff. I guess the comparison is apt cause I always felt that after his initial appearances, the WWF didn't know what to do with Gangrel. He started as a badass leading a group and then he jobbed to both members of his group...and then they had him job to everybody.

Gangrel was a great talent. He was badass and could wrestle, had a great character but they never really pulled the trigger and make him important.

If I was a wrestler though I'd rather be handled like Gangrel than Bray. Cause while Gangrel started out as cool, the WWF quickly made up their minds that they would never push him big and he vanished. Whereas with Bray, you start him big and then you have face top wrestlers but he never really gets over for it. So it's this giant fucking tease. It'd rather be a small fucking cool memory to people like Gangrel than being a disappointment that depresses people.

Bray is like The Buffalo Bills. Gangrel is the Buffalo Sabres.

· Registered
2,967 Posts
Do people really forget that Wyatt has only been pinned 4 times total by four different guys?

Cena, Jericho, Taker, and Reigns.

Sure he's not booked as credible as Taker and he's closer booked to Demon Kane booking wise, but he's still easily one of the best booked on the roster.

Can we focus on the real problem here? Like Ambrose who's booked like Reigns' Robin (if he were Batman) and not to mention the fact that he's been pinned so often now by so many people that I've lost count.

· I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
24,316 Posts
Gimmick wise, he's not exactly like anyone from before.

Booking wise, I would agree he resembles Kane the most. He has main event opponents but rarely wins.

At least Kane won the WWF Championship for a day in 1998, plus another one many years later. Plus overall his career still panned out quite good for an upper midcard guy. Bray will be fortunate if he has as much success as Kane has had.

· Registered
820 Posts
He's the next Hobo.

Gangrel did much more awesome stuff. I guess the comparison is apt cause I always felt that after his initial appearances, the WWF didn't know what to do with Gangrel. He started as a badass leading a group and then he jobbed to both members of his group...and then they had him job to everybody.

Gangrel was a great talent. He was badass and could wrestle, had a great character but they never really pulled the trigger and make him important.

If I was a wrestler though I'd rather be handled like Gangrel than Bray. Cause while Gangrel started out as cool, the WWF quickly made up their minds that they would never push him big and he vanished. Whereas with Bray, you start him big and then you have face top wrestlers but he never really gets over for it. So it's this giant fucking tease. It'd rather be a small fucking cool memory to people like Gangrel than being a disappointment that depresses people.

Bray is like The Buffalo Bills. Gangrel is the Buffalo Sabres.
Gangrel was one of my favorites when I was younger. Calling him Gangrel is a compliment from me.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.