Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I see everyone loving it all over Twitter and forums.

So I guess I am going to be the only one thinking it looked bad. The mask doesn't look good live.

·
Banned
4,891 Posts
After all of that, ALL of that build, ALL of that waiting, he's feuding with.....Balor.

They might as well have had Michael Cole scream "DON'T GET INVESTED IN BRAY WYATT", because that's clear as day the message they communicated. He's always going to be a lower midcarder. Nothing he does will ever be good enough for Vince.
I posted something similar in the Raw thread. People getting excited over this will never learn.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
If Balor is taking a break like rumoured after Summerslam, perfect person to start the new Bray off with.

Be interesting to see if he wrestles in the mask because well Kane did for years and he said he had breathing difficulties at times behind the mask.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
After all of that, ALL of that build, ALL of that waiting, he's feuding with.....Balor.

They might as well have had Michael Cole scream "DON'T GET INVESTED IN BRAY WYATT", because that's clear as day the message they communicated. He's always going to be a lower midcarder. Nothing he does will ever be good enough for Vince.
What if you're wrong? It makes perfect sense to revisit this feud. IF Wyatt destroys Balor in this time and actually becomes the first person to defeat Demon Balor at Summerslam, you immediately make Wyatt a legit threat again; which is something he desperately needs.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,820 Posts
The gimmick is fucking stupid. I was never excited for his lame skits, and his return was straight up corny. Evil Doink v2.0.. Once a jobber always a jobber.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Asuka
96,550 Posts
What if you're wrong? It makes perfect sense to revisit this feud. IF Wyatt destroys Balor in this time and actually becomes the first person to defeat Demon Balor at Summerslam, you immediately make Wyatt a legit threat again; which is something he desperately needs.
I highly doubt they have Demon Balor lose, and even if they do.....so? Balor's a geek. Just because he hasn't lost as the Demon doesn't mean that he's not a jobber. He just lost to Samoa Joe in like 30 seconds after Joe was buried by Kofi Kingston. He just lost to Nakamura who's been off tv for months, back to back. He's never given anything to do.

Secondly, Demon Balor has already lost in NXT, and you can say "NXT doesn't count", but they specifically would not let Asuka lose in NXT, because they wanted to build the streak on the main roster, so it counts when they want it to count, which means we have to hold losses in NXT to the same standard as the main roster. He has lost as the Demon, and even if they pretend he hasn't, it's still just them pretending. It's not like the fans don't know that he has lost and are gonna take Bray any more seriously for being the first on the main roster.

Finally, Bray is never going to be a legit threat. What are they gonna do, have him beat Brock Lesnar? Of course not. The guy's gonna be built up for a while, then he'll lose to either Seth Rollins or Roman Reigns and he'll stop getting wins again. Yet again. Vince has never seen the talent in Bray Wyatt and he views him only in terms of how to be a vehicle to build up somebody else that he actually cares about and invests his time in.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
The gimmick is money, he has a champion worthy gimmick but I can't see them pushing him that far, knowing WWE they'll fuck it all up for him in a few months.
Right.. and how many clown in mask gimmicks has Vince pushed to the top title?

The lighting at the start made it look decent. Once the lights came on, it looked like shit. A clown in a mask. They going to have him go up against Pennywise? Is IT a tie-in to Chapter 2?

The only way they can save this, is if when he takes off the mask he has even worse. Like Heath Ledger Joker style makeup. I can see that working, but not this Halloween plastic mask horseshit.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts