Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't get me wrong, he's gifted to some degree, but he's another one, like Punk, who thinks he's wittier than he actually is, that drives me fucking insane.
He's had his share of good promos, but others fell flat, that cannot be denied folks. "I summon the lightening, i summon the thunder" shut the flying fuck up bro.
Also, his character performance prior to The Funhouse gimmick, was hit and miss.
He tries WAY too hard to act psychotic. You wanna see an actual psychopath and the way he acts in the ring, go watch Masada matches. Now, Masada, no offense, he's actually unhinged irl, but i'm just saying, he should study a guy like that.
Point is, Bray isn't this once in a generation, immaculate talent guys like Vinnie Ru try to depict him as. On a side note, Vince, you WERE around guys like Sean O'Haire, who i's be legit scared shitless if i met in a dark alley, this fat jokester Bray Wyatt? Give me a break.

Inviato dal mio SM-A125F utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
550 Posts
On a side note, Vince, you WERE around guys like Sean O'Haire, who i's be legit scared shitless if i met in a dark alley, this fat jokester Bray Wyatt? Give me a break.

That's what it comes down to for me, he looks like a fat dude LARPing as a clown (like le ebil Joker XD). The initial presentation for The Fiend was awesome but he just never fixed his physique which never helped him sell the character to more people. If he jacked or at least defined he would've been the modern day version of Kane....

·
Butter My Arse
12,596 Posts
Not around these parts he ain’t, he’s pretty much treated like dirt.

I think he’s great. Average in the ring but one of the best character workers in the past twenty years. Unfortunately The Fiend stink will always linger and that’s how most people will remember him by.

·
7,382 Posts
He was my #1 mic worker on the roster, I ranked him above some other great talkers such as Sami, Joe and Edge.

His character work was top-notch. Also very charismatic and over with the crowds.

He could work good matches with the right opponents, even as The Fiend put on some solid performances against Bryan and Owens. The RR '20 strap match is underrated.

I still think that the Fun House/Fiend split personality gimmick was a really cool concept that ultimately got ruined. He knew how to portray both personas and the whole thing was marketable. Him wrestling as The Fiend kind of limited him in the ring, as this idea of making him invulnerable led to his opponents spamming moves in order to be able to defeat him (see the matches against Seth), only for Goldberg to easily beat him and take his title. Some really inconsequent stuff. You can argue that The Fiend was weaker against guys that Bray never faced before, but still we didn't get an official explanation. Also, I still don't understand how Seth wronged Bray in the past. It was the 2014 Wyatt Family/Shield feud, which the Wyatts won, then it was a short 2017 feud between Bray and Seth, which Bray once again won. I don't see exactly why Bray wanted to get revenge on Seth, except just wanting to be world champ.

The "Fiend changes his victims" storyline was great, I was glad to see some long-term storytelling in WWE. Finn went back to NXT and became The PrinXe, Seth became The Messiah, Bryan revived The Yes! Movement... But after he feuded with Cena, that angle started to fade out. He didn't change Cena. Him changing Braun was nothing memorable at all and the feud was pretty bad. He didn't change Owens either, even though that was just a short feud. Then the pointless six-month feud with Orton happened, which btw he lost.

·
it's a tarp!
7,248 Posts
Bray needed to improve his in-ring match quality..dramatically.

But I was hugely looking forward to his imminent babyface turn, I believe that would have made him.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I'm not a fan but there's no denying he's quite talented.

The issue is the booking. Bray Wyatt (The Fiend, the cult leader....whichever) is the type of character you need to have a long-term storyline and goal for, not just book on the fly. All of his promos became incoherent and meaningless because they had no end-goal. That's where he lost everyone.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
12,711 Posts
Surely, you think the Fiend gimmick was better than Husky Harris? :LOL:

I liked swamp Bray the best.

I think he has talent, but, the way they handled the Fiend gimmick was terrible. Neat character, poorly executed all around, even though he was quite over, which was probably more for how he looked and the funhouse, as opposed to his matches.

·
Waiting for Kawato
2,423 Posts
I mean in terms of his work I would probably agree with you to a degree, but the man was a major merch mover the past few years, so as a 'commodity' I'd say he was probably as valuable as anyone. That they just lowered the prices on his merch after releasing him instead of pulling it all should say all that needs to be said. Wasn't his stuff still on sale at Summerslam, like a month after they got rid of him? :ROFLMAO: He was the Star Wars of WWE.

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Yes and no. I thought the original cult leader was good, but the fiend and the firefly fun house was absolute garbage.

Reactions: Jbardo37

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I value his creativity and his promos are generally good (when they aren't rambling). His biggest issue is his actual ring work and ability to push his character to the next level. The latter is not entirely down to him though, probably more his booking, but it's definitely something that has come across to me as a weakness.

I would not want to see him in AEW, as he just doesn't strike me as a good fit. A return in WWE would be more than welcome in my books though.

·
Likes wrestling....
10,885 Posts
He's maybe a top five talent of the last 20 years.

Captured the hearts of the counter culture crowd and sold a ton of merch for the WWE.

His, southern cult leader gimmick was gold, and his Firefly Fun House gimmick was genious.

It was the stupid decisions of the WWE booking to have him lose so many main events that killed any momentum he had.

But for sure, the body type police hate him, as well as the workrate warriors. In spite of the fact that he's not "that" bad in the ring.
Don't get me wrong I also did not like it when the puppets went ringside, and Bray started doing the supernatural powers.

But Bray is a talent that should have never been let go.

He's creative and talented, I actually stopped watching the WWE when he was let go.

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
I'm not a fan of his. Neither the Wyatt or Fiend character made any sense. Sloppy in ring work and one of the worst mic work I've ever seen. He just rambles nonsense.

Facts are facts; that weird Fiend character was over and it was a very shady of the WWE to job him out and give that successful gimmick to a less over Alexa Bliss.

·
Registered
50 Posts
A character like Bray Wyatt would have been huge in Attitude era he was unfortunate to be in this garbage PG era with shitty creative

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A character like Bray Wyatt would have been huge in Attitude era he was unfortunate to be in this garbage PG era with shitty creative
I dont believe that.
Could you imagine that smiling goofball with man tits trying to act hard against Ministry Undertaker and his python arms? Come on man. He'd be lucky to be in Mideon's spot.
Actually, Mideon's presentation was creepier and he didn't wear white pants.
Those wannabe deep promos of his don't resonate with me, i'm sorry. It's not a white trash perspective, it's just, he's not badass enough for my taste, i guess it's the best way to put it.
"RUN"
Corny.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts