Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't care if someone think it's a mystery or something interesting. the fact is Wyatt Family is the most stupid gimmick of 2013 and completely a waste of time and most overrated characters at the moment.

too many worst of the year awards to be given to them at the end of the year.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I wouldn't go as far as saying that they're stupid, but I will say Wyatt is overrated as fuck, brought up at the wrong time, and is pulling Luke Harper/Brodie Lee down.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
There isn't an official Wyatt thread or something? Your opinion is that important?

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll get tons of red reps for complaining about the GOD Wyatt anyway. you can't say negative comments about the IWC darlings.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
You can, you're just too scared to say it in the official thread and actually have to back up your opinions. You don't want to be challenged, you just want people to agree with you.

Take this 1 star rating as well.

Reactions: CurryKingDH

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
then tell me what's so great about them? Bray never wrestled a single good match since his debut and it's 3-4 months now they still did not say it clearly what the fuck they want, what's their goal, why the fuck they're here so it feel like irrelevant filler segments all the time.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
then tell me what's so great about them? Bray never wrestled a single good match since his debut and it's 3-4 months now they still did not say it clearly what the fuck they want, what's their goal, why the fuck they're here so it feel like irrelevant filler segments all the time.

I'm not here to convince you. You don't have to like them, you are entitled to your opinion. I just hate bait threads like this one.

You know the Wyatts are well liked by the majority of people so you're trying to stir the pot. Anybody can see that.

Reactions: Endors Toi

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
My complaint about the Wyatts would not be about the characters, but the fact the direction they've been given appears to be muddled at best.

I think they could be something special if given a decent storyline, but they've had no opportunity to shine as yet. Until they do, I'll reserve judgement.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
arrive
stupid promos/random PG beatdown
leave

see The Brood and Ministry of Darkness, they're way better than this shitty family because they actually do something interesting.

·
Banned
1,729 Posts
It's like people don't want to believe there is a midcard. Everyone should be main eventers and have complex storylines or they suck.

Do you guys still not get how it works... They build you up, you debut and then you wrestle matches. You have some small unimportant fueds so casual fans see you and learn about your character.... This goes on for a while, then eventually, if you get yourself over and a bigger story makes sense you get more air time in a better spot on the card against a more established star.

This I how 99% of guys start. This is how they have always done it.... You don't debut a guy, and then have him open and close raw against the WWE champ... Just doesn't work that way.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
I think the hate is a bit excessive although I do admit they have hardly set the place on fire so far. Little things like Harper's alligator roll and Bray's mannerisms need to be made more apparent so that they can fill their time more wisely. I'm making my overall judgement based on what happens when Kane comes back.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
It's like people don't want to believe there is a midcard. Everyone should be main eventers and have complex storylines or they suck.

Do you guys still not get how it works... They build you up,
They debuted by taking out a former world champion and one of the longest tenured guys in the WWE today.

you debut and then you wrestle matches.
The family have good matches but they are the cronies of the ever-overrated and shitty wrestler Bray Wyatt who is immediately uninteresting and absolute crap when wrestling.

You have some small unimportant fueds so casual fans see you and learn about your character....
They took out Kane and then entered a feud with two solid mid-card superstars in Kofi and Truth - then with an upper-mid-carder ex-WWE champion in the Miz. That's not really 'small' or 'unimportant'.

This goes on for a while, then eventually, if you get yourself over and a bigger story makes sense you get more air time in a better spot on the card against a more established star.
They have been positioned as upper-mid-card talents, I think. They didn't do anything on the main roster to deserve their position. They did well in NXT and got called up for fuck all reason and placed badly; they took like a month off for no reason after they took out Kane :lmao. WWE don't know what they're doing with the Wyatts.

This I how 99% of guys start. This is how they have always done it.... You don't debut a guy, and then have him open and close raw against the WWE champ... Just doesn't work that way.
No it isn't. How many guys that haven't been a part of a small faction have debuted in the last few years and fallen into obscurity?

A handful of guys in the "ECW initiative",
Everyone bar Barrett in the Nexus,
The Uso's,
And most recently, Big E.

Even though some of those guys have 'come back', like Axel, Uso's, Big E, they debuted in a failure and badly positioned role, only to be revived a few months later when they had a real use.

I'm not here to convince you. You don't have to like them, you are entitled to your opinion. I just hate bait threads like this one.

You know the Wyatts are well liked by the majority of people so you're trying to stir the pot. Anybody can see that.
I don't think he is.

His argument, although badly worded and slightly irrational, is completely valid.

Just because you disagree with OP doesn't mean you have to red rep him, rate his thread the minimal, and imply he's trolling.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
My complaint about the Wyatts would not be about the characters, but the fact the direction they've been given appears to be muddled at best.

I think they could be something special if given a decent storyline, but they've had no opportunity to shine as yet. Until they do, I'll reserve judgement.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Yes. Agreed. They have an air about them that is very cool. But the writers are doing nothing with it. Whoever did the video and chose the music and presentation ideas (the mask etc) is geniious. Bray himself is very good on the mic, if he has something to say. Often though he has nothing to say, is just beating up some jobber, and speaks true gibberish instead of coded language.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Their booking is emblematic of the entire mid-card. The storylines all seem thrown together and they get no real screen time to make people invest in the characters. I would love to see Bray get to open a show running down the Miz instead of the Triple H/Big Show circle jerk we seem to open every show. The mid-card champions are given nothing to work with. The formula of "X challenger wins a non-title match against X champion then they have a PPV match" has gotten stale.

I see people here talking down about Wyatt and Ambrose especially and neither of them have been given an angle they can really sink their teeth into and they have to pull back some of their best material for PG and time limitations. Could you see anything along the lines of the "I'm kind of a sick guy" promo he pulled happening on Raw? The characters are all a little bland or at least blander than we saw on NXT and the indies.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts