Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,492 Posts
Bart Gunn would have never been a star regardless. Which is why that was the last time he did anything that people talked about.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I want to thank Vince Russo for finding a way to bury JR's butt buddy and avoiding what would of been a disastrous feud between him and Austin. Granted Beawl for All was one of the worse ideas ever created, legit injured wrestlers, complete bs idea but you got break some eggs sometimes. I'm kidding here but Russo did do us a favor keeping that old fart off tv. No disrespect to Dr Death but the AE was much better without him focusing on younger talent.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Watch the fight between Bart Gunn and Bradshaw. Bart Gunn throws a punch, which makes Bradshaw fall down, but from what I could see, it didn't even connect.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Butterbean should have gotten a contract and huge push after this:

Think about it, BB completely starched Bart in one of the most violent KO ever.
Bart beat some pretty tough customers on the roster we were led to believe, so why not just have BB come in for a Godlike push and get stopped by Austin.

Idk...just my two cents....and Butterbean is fucking awesome.

Because butterbean was a joke of fighter.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Because butterbean was a joke of fighter.
Bro 77-10 amateur, professional whatever still isn't anything to scuff at and he would make 99% of people shit the bed in his prime and at the time he was like 67-1 or 2. he was known for KOing ppl like crazy, thats a draw in itself.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
I rewatched the Bradshaw/Bart Gunn fight. Gunn does make contact to the top of the head with the first punch that knocked him down. I think I've seen Mike Tyson make similar contact with punches and guys still went down.

I'd say for a lot of people the Gunn/Butterbean fight at WrestleMania 15 was probably the 3rd or 4th biggest selling point of the ppv. Probably 4th behind Mankind/Big Show, Bossman/Undertaker and Austin/Rock. There was genuine interest to see how Bart Gunn, the winner of the Brawl For All, would do against an accomplished amateur boxer. It's not like the Brawl For All accomplished absolutely nothing.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts