Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Booker T, Glenn Jacobs, Sting, RVD.. All chill, cool guys and class acts. Kurt Angle as well.

And who in this world doesn't have a bit of pride or Ego, especially if they're successful. But not everyone makes dumbass comments online like "If you can't pay your bills then quit wrestling" to struggling Indy wrestlers. Some of those wrestlers might be the next Daniel Bryan or AJ Styles. Sometimes, some people just need a little help or push.
There is a difference in having pride and confidence in yourself, and being an entitled asshole, ego maniac who's so used to being adored by the public that you think you're right about everything. Braun falls into the latter category.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
There is a difference in having pride and confidence in yourself, and being an entitled asshole, ego maniac who's so used to being adored by the public that you think you're right about everything. Braun falls into the latter category.
Yep, in another post/tweet that you had included, I read him mention "20+ year Hall of fame career", " Millions of dollars". Now I've not read the whole conversation between him and whatever fans he directed that to, nor do I use Twitter or ever will. But those phrases are clearly indicative of the latter qualities.

I can never imagine Sting, Kane, Kurt Angle or RVD ever brag about their income in a damn tweet to some fans or less affluent indy wrestlers or indeed anyone. Real confident people who are secure in themselves don't associate their value with their earnings or net worth, much less flaunt it . Only people like Braun and Seth Rollins do that.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yep, in another post/tweet that you had included, I read him mention "20+ year Hall of fame career", " Millions of dollars". Now I've not read the whole conversation between him and whatever fans he directed that to, nor do I use Twitter or ever will. But those phrases are clearly indicative of the latter qualities.

I can never imagine Sting, Kane, Kurt Angle or RVD ever brag about their income in a damn tweet to some fans or less, affluent indy wrestlers or indeed anyone. Real confident people who are secure in themselves don't associate their value with their net worth, much less flaunt it . Only people like braun and seth Rollins do that.
the 20+ year career comment he made was in reference to a fan insulting Big Show and saying something along the lines of "WWE is going to make Braun the next Big Show" which Braun took offense to. Something he loves to do is publicly shame his fans if they said something to offend him.
Bray Wyatt was really nice as well. We stayed there for several hours and the only people Braun would let near him were women. By the end of the evening he had 3 or 4 women with him, none of whom were particularly good-looking. Rollins told anyone who came close to him, "Don't even think about it" and waved them away. Funny - earlier in the day at Axxess when he was signing autographs and doing photo ops he was acting as nice as could be. Big difference when you're getting paid as opposed to not. I just know that both Rollins and Braun were for a lack of a better word, dicks.
not surprising that he'd be a snot to fans when cameras aren't rolling. He will cry about being "bullied", yet has no reservations about "bullying" fans or indy wrestlers.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I know that for WM34 weekend in New Orleans, we were all out in the French Quarter and went to a bar/restaurant where we were seated at a table right next to his. Also at their table was Paige, Bray Wyatt, & Seth Rollins. I told my friends to just leave them alone and let them have a peaceful meal but before I could even finish my sentence Paige looked over and asked us how we were enjoying things and jumped over to our table. I wasn't a Paige fan but she was super-sweet. Bray Wyatt was really nice as well. We stayed there for several hours and the only people Braun would let near him were women. By the end of the evening he had 3 or 4 women with him, none of whom were particularly good-looking. Rollins told anyone who came close to him, "Don't even think about it" and waved them away. Funny - earlier in the day at Axxess when he was signing autographs and doing photo ops he was acting as nice as could be. Big difference when you're getting paid as opposed to not. I just know that both Rollins and Braun were for a lack of a better word, dicks.
i just have to say your sig is fucking amazing lol.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
These wrestlers shouldn't even be using Twitter or interacting with fans at such a personal level in the first place. Either keep it strictly nonchalant and professional, or just avoid Twitter. Imagine Brock giving a damn about what some fans think of him or tweeted and getting back at those fans on Twitter. Can you?

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
These wrestlers shouldn't even be using Twitter or interacting with fans at such a personal level in the first place. Either keep it strictly nonchalant and professional, or just avoid Twitter. Imagine Brock giving a damn about what some fans think of him or tweeted and getting back at those fans on Twitter. Can you?
agreed,

difference between Brock and Braun is , Brock is someone who doesn't care about the opinions of others. His talent speaks for itself and he's mostly a private person. Braun is someone who constantly needs the adoration and approval from other people to feel worthy. He also knows the power in being a victim, which is why you always see him trying to paint himself in a sympathetic light of being a victim of bullying and bodyshaming.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I know that for WM34 weekend in New Orleans, we were all out in the French Quarter and went to a bar/restaurant where we were seated at a table right next to his. Also at their table was Paige, Bray Wyatt, & Seth Rollins. I told my friends to just leave them alone and let them have a peaceful meal but before I could even finish my sentence Paige looked over and asked us how we were enjoying things and jumped over to our table. I wasn't a Paige fan but she was super-sweet. Bray Wyatt was really nice as well. We stayed there for several hours and the only people Braun would let near him were women. By the end of the evening he had 3 or 4 women with him, none of whom were particularly good-looking. Rollins told anyone who came close to him, "Don't even think about it" and waved them away. Funny - earlier in the day at Axxess when he was signing autographs and doing photo ops he was acting as nice as could be. Big difference when you're getting paid as opposed to not. I just know that both Rollins and Braun were for a lack of a better word, dicks.
I can corroborate this, Seth is just weird. I was at a Burger King in Columbus and Seth Rollins pulled up in a SUV with some people and then he came in. While he was waiting in line some kid came up to him and asked for an autograph of the only thing he had, one of the little containers that hold chicken tenders.
Seth blew the kid off until he saw the container and immediately perked up "Oh, wicked! Yeah no problem kid!" He grabbed the container and when he felt that it was light he started screaming "Do you know who I am? I'm Seth freaking Rollins! Who do you think you are trying to pay me with these crumbs, where's the chicken!?" He threw the container at the kid and then started screaming about how it wasn't right to do that and that the store was in on it, that this was all some stupid joke to everyone and he wasn't going to be a part of it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
But BoJo and Dishy Rishi have been throwing treasury money at the furlough scheme like it was confetti.

A usual tenet of conservatism is 'a hand up, not a hand out' - Strowman offered neither, he was just acting like a twat incapable of empathy.
He was parroting bog standard jargon, that's all I am saying, I think what he said was twattish and devoid of empathy but my point is it's not like what he said is uniquely twattish, it's an opinion you hear constantly just this time it was about indy wrestlers.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
seeing as Braun was laughing at the misfortune of others when he told indy wrestlers they "need to change professions" if they can't afford enough money during the covid pandemic, what you're essentially saying is Braun Strowman should "go fuck himself". :unsure: thats a bit harsh don't you think?
Poor comprehension skills. Braun didn’t laugh at anyone over losing a job. Not even remotely factual take by you.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Poor comprehension skills. Braun didn’t laugh at anyone over losing a job. Not even remotely factual take by you.
Maybe not, but he did tell people (who may not have come close to their full potential just yet) to quit their jobs. And he did this as a person who has proven to be extremely sensitive and emotional himself.

·
Registered
13,341 Posts
I think the quote about a 20 year wrestling career, millions of dollars, and a HOF induction came back to haunt him more than anything. He probably did make millions of dollars based on the rumors about his contract but I'm sure the money he did make pales in comparison to what he thought he would get on the assumption that he was going to be a long-term employee.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I think the quote about a 20 year wrestling career, millions of dollars, and a HOF induction came back to haunt him more than anything. He probably did make millions of dollars based on the rumors about his contract but I'm sure the money he did make pales in comparison to what he thought he would get on the assumption that he was going to be a long-term employee.
he was referencing Big Show in that tweet, because a fan compared him to Big Show and he exploded on them.

and the comparison is accurate because like Big Show, he's been jobbed out multiple times and it hurt his credibility as a giant and like Bigshow, he's turned heel and face and back again over and over to the point where it's damaged him.

·
Registered
13,341 Posts
he was referencing Big Show in that tweet, because a fan compared him to Big Show and he exploded on them.

and the comparison is accurate because like Big Show, he's been jobbed out multiple times and it hurt his credibility as a giant and like Bigshow, he's turned heel and face and back again over and over to the point where it's damaged him.

Ah ok, that makes sense, The tweet was made without any real context. Unlike Braun, Big Show actually did achieve that [It helped he signed 10 years right off the bat with WWF when he left WCW].

41 - 54 of 54 Posts