Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
The Mister Abigail Experience
6,046 Posts
that's fine, I understand I struck a nerve with you. I'm curious to see if you hold that same pearl clutching attitude when the internet wrestling community celebrates in joy over the release of someone like Nia Jax or Jaxson Ryker somewhere in the future.

Read carefully. You. Have. Trouble. Understanding.

I. Don't. Want. Anyone. Losing. Their. Job.

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
I agree that it was an idiotic statement by Strowman. But I don't think this thread is any better than what he said.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Unnecessary thread imo.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I don't even agree with what he said (the whole point of a social safety net is to pay into it when you are working so if you find yourself out of work due to being made redundant or a global crisis you have something to support yourself with because sometimes that happens due to factors beyond your control) but they don't really "haunt him."

He isn't asking anybody for any money, he didn't even mock people for losing their bookings/jobs, he was arguing that they needed to find other ways of making income instead of asking for donations because their wrestling gigs dried up. If he got released and immediately set up a go fund me then yeah, sure, he's a hypocrite and his words have bitten him in the ass. So far all that's happened is he got released by WWE, it's hardly karma when he wasn't laughing at wrestlers for losing their wrestling gigs.

He was a dick and spouted fairly typical conservative talking points, that's about it.

·
Registered
29,185 Posts
That's the sanitized version of what he said.

what he basically said was "if you need support from fans and need to ask them to buy your merchandise and give you money on Patreon, you don't belong in this business. I worked my ass off, I worked harder than you and I made so many sacrifices"

meanwhile, he's never paid any dues, he was signed to the largest wrestling promotion from the start and never had to prove himself due to his size. and he wasn't a Brock Lesnar, he's Bigshow version 2 with a bit of Ryback's ego. hopefully this experience humbles him.
So what if he said that and didn't pay dues, stop being jealous. He didn't have to travel the typical path because he made himself valuable in another arena. Welcome to life, he was able to jump the grind the Indies portion because he gathered the required size as a strongman and showed charisma in those competitions that he got to start off at the bottom of the WWE. People only take the long road when they have no choice.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
So what if he said that and didn't pay dues, stop being jealous. He didn't have to travel the typical path because he made himself valuable in another arena. Welcome to life, he was able to jump the grind the Indies portion because he gathered the required size as a strongman and showed charisma in those competitions that he got to start off at the bottom of the WWE. People only take the long road when they have no choice.
what does any of that have to do with him waving his greasy finger in the face of indy wrestlers and trying to educate them and telling them they should hang up their boots and quit? 😴

and if your take on this is "so what if he said all that?" and you just shrug your shoulders, fair enough that's you. I personally think he's an asshole. :LOL:

and I'll just leave these here for you:

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
He isn't asking anybody for any money, he didn't even mock people for losing their bookings/jobs, he was arguing that they needed to find other ways of making income instead of asking for donations because their wrestling gigs dried up.
nah.. he did mock them. Stop rationalizing and making excuses for him. He straight up told them, "if you need to ask for money or handouts from fans, quit the wrestling business. you don't belong in this business"

He was a dick and spouted fairly typical conservative talking points, that's about it.
lmao @ "conservative talking points". what are you even on about? nothing conservative about it. He was just a narcissistic asshole. not sure how this became a conservative thing.

Read carefully. You. Have. Trouble. Understanding.

I. Don't. Want. Anyone. Losing. Their. Job.
Read Carefully.

Good. For. You.

Let's. See. If. You're. This. Outraged. When. People. Here. Celebrate. The. Release. Of. Nia Jax. and. Jaxson. Ryker.

Because. Somehow. I. Doubt. It.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'm not gonna be happy he lost his job but hopefully this humbles him a wee bit..he really shouldn't be talking down to people about having a hard time finding work

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Let's. See. If. You're. This. Outraged. When. People. Here. Celebrate. The. Release. Of. Nia Jax. and. Jaxson. Ryker.

Because. Somehow. I. Doubt. It.
This is a fair point. People freely call Nia Jax fat and dangerous and beg for her release. Jaxson Ryker gets called "Racism Ryker" because he's a Republican and people on Twitter seem to want him to literally rot on the street.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with this thread at all. The guy acted like a prick to indy wrestlers in his posts just because he is big, strong, tall (not to discredit that he still had to lift weights and all the hard work he put in, though) and had the good fortune of signing with the WWE and being pushed and things working out well for him. Imagine if he didn't, would he have have acted like that? Instead of humility, he chose pride. This thread is merely pointing it out.

Let's be honest- At the end of the day, nobody actually gives a flying fuck about these wrestlers making millions or being fired. It doesn't actually affect any of our insignificant lives. We have our own struggles, worries and bills.

But no harm in having more discussions and more threads to participate in, especially ones that are a little different from the norm, like this one.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
This is a fair point. People freely call Nia Jax fat and dangerous and beg for her release. Jaxson Ryker gets called "Racism Ryker" because he's a Republican and people on Twitter seem to want him to literally rot on the street.
exactly , and when that day comes, you'll see people on this forum celebrating their release..

and I 100% guarantee Mr. Abigail won't be stepping in and telling those people they should "go fuck themselves", it's all a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

·
Registered
513 Posts
lmao @ "conservative talking points". what are you even on about? nothing conservative about it. He was just a narcissistic asshole. not sure how this became a conservative thing.
You're pretty sheltered if you think "people want handouts for nothing and won't take personal responsibility for their circumstances" isn't a pretty common part of conservative punditry, it simply is. Pointing that out isn't event "making it become a conservative thing", it's simply an observation that it's a pretty bog standard viewpoint expressed by people all the time. This time it just came out of Braun's mouth.

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
I'm sure Braun could use his wealth and fame to easily continue in the wrestling business, or do something else. So, I doubt he has learned anything.

·
The Mister Abigail Experience
6,046 Posts
exactly , and when that day comes, you'll see people on this forum celebrating their release..

and I 100% guarantee Mr. Abigail won't be stepping in and telling those people they should "go fuck themselves", it's all a bunch of smoke and mirrors.
I call out asshole comments and threads where I see them. My original point was that you shouldn't revel in the misfortune of others. It doesn't matter if it's Riker, Jax or anyone. It's just a dick move. I'm sad for you that you are so bitter and angry at these strangers that you feel good doing that. I don't know your personal life but it's obvious something is wrong at home. As much as I think you probably need some time away from here or maybe some time away from wrestling in general, if you'd like to get some help my DMs are open.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Isn't "Pride" one of the seven deadly sins? We can definitely conclude pride was the downfall of Adam Scherr. If AEW signs him they should give him the gimmick of a repentant man who quietly walks to the ring in a robe and lets all kinds of jobbers/opponents beat him up for a few minutes before eventually powerslamming them for victory. With "sinner" etched on his foreheae in RED, too.
Show me one man that knows his worth that's not prideful. This industry is full of people with huge egos and I wouldn't have it any other way. Hes not eating his words at all, he has a tremendous value, he was a huge name and I guarantee you he has over 6 figures if not more in the bank combined with assets.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Pride comes before the fall.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Show me one man that knows his worth that's not prideful. This industry is full of people with huge egos and I wouldn't have it any other way. Hes not eating his words at all, he has a tremendous value, he was a huge name and I guarantee you he has over 6 figures if not more in the bank combined with assets.
Booker T, Glenn Jacobs, Sting, RVD.. All chill, cool guys and class acts. Kurt Angle as well.

And who in this world doesn't have a bit of pride or Ego, especially if they're successful. But not everyone makes dumbass comments online like "If you can't pay your bills then quit wrestling" to struggling Indy wrestlers. Some of those wrestlers might be the next Daniel Bryan or AJ Styles. Sometimes, some people just need a little help or push.

·
Registered
690 Posts
You're pretty sheltered if you think "people want handouts for nothing and won't take personal responsibility for their circumstances" isn't a pretty common part of conservative punditry, it simply is. Pointing that out isn't event "making it become a conservative thing", it's simply an observation that it's a pretty bog standard viewpoint expressed by people all the time. This time it just came out of Braun's mouth.
But BoJo and Dishy Rishi have been throwing treasury money at the furlough scheme like it was confetti.

A usual tenet of conservatism is 'a hand up, not a hand out' - Strowman offered neither, he was just acting like a twat incapable of empathy.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I call out asshole comments and threads where I see them. My original point was that you shouldn't revel in the misfortune of others. It doesn't matter if it's Riker, Jax or anyone. It's just a dick move. I'm sad for you that you are so bitter and angry at these strangers that you feel good doing that. I don't know your personal life but it's obvious something is wrong at home. As much as I think you probably need some time away from here or maybe some time away from wrestling in general, if you'd like to get some help my DMs are open.
Lol yeah whatever. First off you're full of shit. Secondly this isn't "celebrating someone lost their job" , it's merely pointing out that Braun Strowman is an asshole. And pointing out that you're a hypocrite and you're not going to be this emotional about all releases like I said, it's a bunch of smoke and mirrors and BS.

Try stop being so offended. And oh yeah, instead of indirectly telling me to "go fuck myself" and now claiming you want me to PM you and chat try just fucking off and paying less attention to posts that get you emotional, thanks bud. lol

21 - 40 of 54 Posts