Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never laugh at people losing their livelihood and people who do that are shit people, barely even belonging in human society. In fact, people who laugh at the misfortunes of others can go fuck themselves.
seeing as Braun was laughing at the misfortune of others when he told indy wrestlers they "need to change professions" if they can't afford enough money during the covid pandemic, what you're essentially saying is Braun Strowman should "go fuck himself". :unsure: thats a bit harsh don't you think?

·
The Mister Abigail Experience
6,046 Posts
seeing as Braun was laughing at the misfortune of others when he told indy wrestlers they "need to change professions" if they can't afford enough money during the covid pandemic, what you're essentially saying is Braun Strowman should "go fuck himself". :unsure: thats a bit harsh don't you think?
I was indirectly referring to you, in case you couldn't put it together.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Only as harsh as telling people that got fired at the start of a pandemic to just go change professions.
Scherr outed himself as an asshole with those tweets. I've had no respect for the guy since.

I don't like to see the guy lose his job, of course ... but at this point, he's already a millionnaire, so chances are he'll be fine - and won't be starting up any Go Fund Me's any time soon, anyway!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Isn't "Pride" one of the seven deadly sins? We can definitely conclude pride was the downfall of Adam Scherr. If AEW signs him they should give him the gimmick of a repentant man who quietly walks to the ring in a robe and lets all kinds of jobbers/opponents beat him up for a few minutes before eventually powerslamming them for victory. With "sinner" etched on his foreheae in RED, too.

·
Registered
690 Posts
This thread's a schadenfreude all you can eat buffet. 😁

Strowman doesn't sound like the smartest or nicest chap on the planet - but that works for his gimmick, a big dumb powerful oaf. Knock backs in life tend to make people better and stronger and he'll still do alright for himself. He'll have plenty of opportunities.

·
Butter My Arse
11,964 Posts
The best thing to do is turn all this into an angle. He joins AEW or whoever and some of the indie guys (or former indie guys if he joins AEW) immediately take umbrage to his demeanour and try to take him down. It’s adds a new dimension to the ‘Token Monster joins new company and beats everyone up’ story. A legitimate reason for both sides wanting to inflict pain on the other.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
What he said was jerkish, but theres hardly any karma in this, if you think about it.

He basically said, " I couldnt afford my bills when I was a strongman, so I became a wrestler to earn more money"
And he did.
He spent 6 years on the main roster, and for 5 of them he was an upper carder/main eventer.
He probably made a lot of money, and now he has name value enough to easily get employed by another wrestling organisation, if he wants to and is capable.

If he was now dirt poor, I could see the "what comes around goes around", but the guys is probably a millionaire.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What he said was jerkish, but theres hardly any karma in this, if you think about it.

He basically said, " I couldnt afford my bills when I was a strongman, so I became a wrestler to earn more money"
And he did.
That's the sanitized version of what he said.

what he basically said was "if you need support from fans and need to ask them to buy your merchandise and give you money on Patreon, you don't belong in this business. I worked my ass off, I worked harder than you and I made so many sacrifices"

meanwhile, he's never paid any dues, he was signed to the largest wrestling promotion from the start and never had to prove himself due to his size. and he wasn't a Brock Lesnar, he's Bigshow version 2 with a bit of Ryback's ego. hopefully this experience humbles him.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I never laugh at people losing their livelihood and people who do that are shit people, barely even belonging in human society. In fact, people who laugh at the misfortunes of others can go fuck themselves.
I was indirectly referring to you, in case you couldn't put it together.
that's fine, I understand I struck a nerve with you. I'm curious to see if you hold that same pearl clutching attitude when the internet wrestling community celebrates in joy over the release of someone like Nia Jax or Jaxson Ryker somewhere in the future.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
His personality is a bit all over the place. Truly scrambled. Is he a tough guy who tells others in the most condescending way possible that pro wrestling is not for them? Or is he the gentle giant who cries when he recalls people making fat jokes about him?

·
WWE Fan Since '81
1,150 Posts
I know that for WM34 weekend in New Orleans, we were all out in the French Quarter and went to a bar/restaurant where we were seated at a table right next to his. Also at their table was Paige, Bray Wyatt, & Seth Rollins. I told my friends to just leave them alone and let them have a peaceful meal but before I could even finish my sentence Paige looked over and asked us how we were enjoying things and jumped over to our table. I wasn't a Paige fan but she was super-sweet. Bray Wyatt was really nice as well. We stayed there for several hours and the only people Braun would let near him were women. By the end of the evening he had 3 or 4 women with him, none of whom were particularly good-looking. Rollins told anyone who came close to him, "Don't even think about it" and waved them away. Funny - earlier in the day at Axxess when he was signing autographs and doing photo ops he was acting as nice as could be. Big difference when you're getting paid as opposed to not. I just know that both Rollins and Braun were for a lack of a better word, dicks.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
His personality is a bit all over the place. Truly scrambled. Is he a tough guy who tells others in the most condescending way possible that pro wrestling is not for them? Or is he the gentle giant who cries when he recalls people making fat jokes about him?
He just seems like a dick. Similar to Vince. Bullied and bankrupted the old territory promoters and took all of their talent. Then cried foul about how unfair it was when Ted Turner started buying up his talent

Weak

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
5,811 Posts
I've had to say it before, but here we go again: stop enjoying people losing their jobs. It makes you look like an idiot, and the best part is that you don't even realize it.

That said, I hope that Braun learns from his experience and grows as a person.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
I remember when this happened. It sucks that he lost his job, but I won't feel bad if he has money trouble after him making those comments.

Reactions: alejbr4
1 - 20 of 54 Posts