Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's like the male equivalent of Nia Jax. I thought he was good as a silent monster with the Wyatt's. I don't think he should be talking. As a monster type gimmick it hurts him to cut promos. It takes away the aura and mystique. Undertaker rarely if ever cut a promo. I just don't want to hear Strowman talk. It hurts him. If he's going to talk keep it short and menacing.

Reactions: Brad Boyd

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is more than clarified for a World Title shot.

Lol. I agree with you. Please, stop letting this guy talk. And dont remind me of his Universal Title run. That was an awful reign.
Yeah that was a weird choice of words. Also it doesn't help that he sounded stupid and Shane shit on him also. Just don't talk. Stick to angry grunts. Or just make his promos consist of one liners like "I'm going to kill you." Bam done.

Reactions: Ger

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
He got pretty lame when he started saying “Get these hands” every week. His first feud with Roman Reigns was the only time I was actually entertained by him. Apparently WWE has lost interest too.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
2,744 Posts
The nail in the coffin is when they had him dancing and twerking with the New Day. A legitimate monster, looking like a fucking dork doing that shit should never happen.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
all his promos sound the same with him talking in his angry voice while playing up his southern accent. He looks incredible after he cut weight and cut his hair and he has charisma. I just think his act of being a monster with super human strength is not that captivating to people anymore. If they wanted to push him, they should have been doing it years ago when he was feuding with Brock and considering putting the title on him then.

·
Registered
412 Posts
He's not good to watch in ring. The smart fans can see through him instantly, and it's a matter of time before casuals will also notice subliminally that this guy isn't fun to watch and his stardom will eventually fade.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
His feud with Kane in 2017 was supposed to build him into the new monster. He had a brief monstrous run, but now look where he is? 😂

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Let the guy explore his range. I think his issue with promos right now is he keep vomiting out lines without pause because he is scared of forgetting the exact line. He can revert back into the proven monster mode when it is time to be the focus again if all else fail.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
He's become the new Big Show where he's more of an attraction than great in ring or on the mic, but good enough on both to warrant mid card title runs and maybe occasional world title reign, if only holding for a few months.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
He was good before they made him randomly insert his catchphrase “get these hands” into every promo.

His size gets a huge reaction with the live crowds, so the pandemic hasn’t suited his current babyface act.

His title run was before the thunderdome - at the performance centre - in silence. No reason why he couldn’t catch fire again when crowds are back.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Yeah - the mic is not his friend.

Booking him really isn't too hard. He really doesn't need to talk much at all.

Stomp out, smash up some stuff and some people, yell "I want a damn title shot!" into the mic and leave.

Would have worked better than mumbling about being clarified..

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I like Braun, but he's a taller less talented version of Ryback in my opinion. Both sound dumb as fuck on the mic though.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
He's like the male equivalent of Nia Jax. I thought he was good as a silent monster with the Wyatt's. I don't think he should be talking. As a monster type gimmick it hurts him to cut promos. It takes away the aura and mystique. Undertaker rarely if ever cut a promo. I just don't want to hear Strowman talk. It hurts him. If he's going to talk keep it short and menacing.
Yes. He's not the best in promos. But I think he's trying to do too much. He's been off TV for a while. He's probably over excited to get back in the mix. He needs to keep practicing, keeps things short like you said.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I want to like him but I just can't get into him as either a face or a heel. I think he would be a good heel with a mouthpiece manager. The classic big menacing monster.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
He's obviously there for his size and not his in ring ability. Never was a fan of his.

Reactions: HBK Styles Ospreay
1 - 20 of 26 Posts