Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boring on the mic, boring in the ring, just overall boring. I understand he's a big guy and can't possibly wrestle with the same ability or agility of a Kurt Angle, Randy Orton or AJ Styles. But as a babyface, the guy is absolutely atrocious.

The only time he was interesting and had great matches was against Roman(any wonder?). Now with Rollins, who is himself boring as fuck and bland, together these two make a program that's unendurable.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I've been saying this since people started creaming themselves over this guy. He does nothing particularly well, can't be trusted to go for more than 7 minutes(with the right guy that's fine but he isn't that guy) and is as one dimensional as hell. He would need Goldberg(1998) booking to make any sort of worthwhile but the fanbase today would just bitch three months(if it even took that long) in that he is booked too strongly(not to mention that they missed the boat on going that route). He's always going to be a serviceable "insert big man here" type guy. I mean seriously, a young Big Show couldn't make the big guy thing into a star-making act and he was far more talented than Strowman could ever dream of being.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Nah his one of the more exciting big men. However he should not be associated with anyone ever. Having a destroyer in a tag team is just terrible optics. His not the big show who can play monster and charismatic funny guy. Or even a Kane. His a walking destruction machine. He can rescue people sure but only if its a means to an end.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,413 Posts
I go back and forth on Strowman. I tend to think his promo work and acting are pretty good because he's a big, intimidating redneck who speaks like a real person, instead of like a Marvel script. He's a poor man's Steve Austin

But he is undeniably charismatic and there are good potential feuds on there with Bray Wyatt or versus Bullet Club w/ Seth.

I think Braun is more notable for what he represents in that he is "larger than life" and speaks in plain, relatable English that allows people to easily invest in him. People look at Braun and see a version of the WWE largely in the past and think, if only we had more and better versions of this guy

·
Registered
903 Posts
Blame creative and his booking. He was the most over person in the company a year and a half ago...as a face in spite of bad booking cooled him off when he was red hot as a he. They made him turn heel inexplicably to challenge Roman, but after Roman got sick, they quickly turned him back face only to get SQUASHED by Brock Lesnar in Saudi Arabia.

He has not recovered from that and no one takes him seriously. Yes he is big, but he is fast, deceptively athletic and super powerful. They should have let him be that instead of trying to use the age old book the big guy as a slow and one dimensional "monster". Here he is in a match with someone half his size and no one expects him to win! All booking, not him.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
One word: Powerslam

They couldn't come up with a better fucking finisher than a walking powerslam? Talk about anti-climactic

·
Registered
937 Posts
He needs to be doing crazy, larger than life shit.

Being in this weird feud with the human insomnia cure doesn't help though. No one has good feuds with Seth.
This.

If he was working with an Edge, Jericho, or even HHH, he could be made into a star with the right booking.

But right now, WWE are pushing Rollins as the next Cena. And I doubt that Rollins has the talent to make someone into a mega-star anyway.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I have never really liked him. He has never really proved himself in any aspect and likely only got called called to the roster as soon as he did because of his size. He is a crap wrestler, has no character and cannot talk. I don't deny that his booking was shockingly bad but he never really shined on his own.

I went right off him when he did that interview recently where he said that people generally do not match up to what he is doing so wwe is trying to train people up to be on his level......what an arrogant twat. You really arnt half as good as you think.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
Feeding him to brock for short term gain typical Vince thinking

·
The face that runs the List
10,732 Posts
Kofi is boring.

Seth is boring.

Braun is boring.

Drew McIntyre is boring.

Lacey Evans is boring.

Baron Corbin is boring.

Cedric Alexander is boring.

... do you guys need 3 hours of low-carders chasing R-Truth backstage to be entertained ?

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
After his feud with Roman he should have beaten Bork. This is 100% on WWE. Not for nothing, but Roman knows how to put people over. Bork making him his personal bitch is what made Braun lose his luster.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts