Wrestling Forum banner

Braun Needs The IC Title

896 Views 15 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  GoldWarrier
It’s looking likely that Braun wins the IC Title and he needs it. It’s a damn shame that he hasn’t won a top title yet and I’ve been saying it for a long time now, he should be the one to beat The Fiend but I’ll accept this. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed Nakamuras run with Zayn and Cesaro, as the latter two guys are two of my guys, especially Cesaro who I think is top three best in ring wrestlers in the company, easily. I enjoy Shinsuke as well but Braun NEEDS to win the IC Title.

Not only does he deserve it but the timing is perfect, walking into WM as IC champion gives him something meaningful to do at Mania FOR ONCE. I am invested in the storyline, I think all four guys are doing great but I want Braun to come out on top, it’s time

I find it sad that this isn’t being discussed, Braun has improved SO much and they have continuously squandered his progress and potential. He should have been UV or WWE champion already.

He remains over and he deserves a title run, I hope he wins it.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Fearless University Graduate
Fearless University Graduate
24,879 Posts
They may as well.

On the topic of the IC Title why did they not put it back on Miz months back when he had that brief feud that Nak buried him in every week? Like Nak has been another garbage IC Champ, not his fault he's barely on TV but when he is on TV he just seems bored and doesn't do anything. Why didn't they put it back on Miz who at least is on TV most weeks and will bust his ass to at least tell everyone how important the IC Title is. I know it'd be more of the same old for Miz, but its what he does. i mean hes in the exact same spot now that he was this time last year; in the tag team division with a new partner. So why didnt they have him make the IC Title important again? Hes one of the only people who can.

· Premium Member
13,453 Posts
I see your point, but I feel like this whole alliance between Cesaro, Zayn and Nakamura has to lead to either one of the former (probably Zayn) turning face and beating Nakamura for the belt at WrestleMania.

· Banned
7,973 Posts
The tag team belts already meant nothing to him, why should the IC title do? Braun should go for the main title, or do something different storywise.

· Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
8,831 Posts
Braun doesn't "need" the IC title but as a fan it would be nice to see him win it, even though no one has had a good IC Championship reign in years because creative treats it like an afterthought.

Strowman isn't ever beating Bray Wyatt/The Fiend. That much is a fact in WWEs logic. So him getting the Universal Championship isn't happening any time soon. Give him an IC Championship run.

I have nothing against Nakamura as a talent, but they have treated the new belt design as an afterthought and are using the IC Champ in tag team matches so often to fill time during his reign. Give Strowman an opportunity.

· Registered
30,024 Posts
Braun needs to win for the simple reason to show he can win some kind of singles championship.

The guy lost to Brock, Roman, and Seth like 5 different times with title on the line. He has always been the guy that has come up short in big situations. If he can't get the job done against Nakamura, even going 1 on 3, it's impossible to take him seriously challenging for a title again.

· Team AEW
4,161 Posts
Braun needs the world title, if anything. But obviously he's not getting it, and won't be for a while, so they might as well put the IC belt on him for the time being.

I imagine that if there won't be any draft after WM, or if Braun won't be sent to RAW, he's not getting the world title for a really long time. Because with Roman as champ, Braun could either turn heel on him AGAIN, or just not touch him (which I much prefer). I really hope they somehow find a way to put the world title on him someday. It's ridiculous, the guy should've won it years ago.

· Registered
23 Posts
The IC-Tittle would just cement Strowman as a midcarder. He has pretty much been booked as the strongest of all (even above Reigns and Lesner) for years and he also looks the strongest of all, he just appears dumb enough to always run badly in to the ringpost in every match he looses ... But Strowman only makes sence as a maineventer, and the IC-Tittle would just undermine him as such. He needs to win the Royal Rumble and then take the world title..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.