Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why can't they go back to seperate ppv's no contact between RAW and Smackdown. and equally split the star power, I remember The Rock, Hogan and Lesner, Eddie, Rey Benoit where all on Smackdown at the same time at one point. Why can't they do this again?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I personally liked it aswell, it gives more time for feuds to be made etc. I think its because Smackdown is so bad right now if they did that they would hardly get any buys and would be a waste of time.
I see your point, but the reason it is so bad is because they ended the PPV split. When that ended it stopped giving Smackdown some spotlight as Raw is always the focus.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Why can't they go back to seperate ppv's no contact between RAW and Smackdown. and equally split the star power, I remember The Rock, Hogan and Lesner, Eddie, Rey Benoit where all on Smackdown at the same time at one point. Why can't they do this again?
Key Words: Star Power

The star power cannot be equally split because there is not enough to go around. That is why Raw shows are considerably better than SD

·
Administrator
59,164 Posts
They ended the PPV split to increase chances of higher buys. It makes all the sense on the world. As a matter of fact, they should of never did the PPV split in the first place.

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
You just answered your own question, Rock, Hogan and Brock were just on Smackdown, nowadays WWE has John Cena, Brock Lesnar and possibly CM Punk the talent isn't their for a brand split and dilutes the possibility of new stars.

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
There is no way they can brand split now. They were forced to solidify and its good for the business. Most people don't share your sentiments on the subject, it is pretty hated from what I gather. I'm in different about it so I don't really know but I get the vibe that is more disliked then liked.

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
I would prefer they just cancel Smackdown altogether, honestly. End the brand split completely (which they pretty much have at this point).

People can talk about how the guys on top would just eat up all the time from the new guys getting TV time but the people getting that TV time are Zack Ryder, Brodus Clay & fuckin' Lord Albert, then I'm all for that.

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts
Split PPV were awful, a typical Smackdown PPV from 2003-2007 featured 8 to 9 matches, in which the crowd truly cared for only about 3 matches on the card, making the other 5 or 6 matches nothing but fillers. Having all the brands on one PPV is much better, because it gives the audience the chance to see all the WWE's top stars in the same event compared to only seeing 3 or 4 of them if it were split.

I mean, can you imagine how bad a Smackdown only PPV will do now in 2012 especially with their lack of star power on the roster.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts