Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I don't really see this as a big deal. This stuff was likely requested last fall to another company that actually produces it. If it was a CM Punk-specific item, they'd probably pull it, but it's just a small aspect of the item. They've fixed the major stuff like the original design for the WM poster. They removed Punk from that, and we're not going to see a new CM Punk shirt.

But, Punk will still have a small presence throughout the company over the next few months. It takes awhile to weed out a top star suddenly. That animated WWE mashup show they advertised this week will have Punk in it because they had to animate it so far in advance. Mattel's new toy listings have a new CM Punk figure in an upcoming wave.

From what I've heard, they're still selling Punk shirts at live events (just kind of tucked away in the corner). They still have to make money off the stuff they have. The only reason to justify losing the cash is if it were another Benoit situation. While the company certainly wants to move on and away from Punk, they're not going to lose a ton of cash just because he decided to walk.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I don't really see this as a big deal. This stuff was likely requested last fall to another company that actually produces it. If it was a CM Punk-specific item, they'd probably pull it, but it's just a small aspect of the item. They've fixed the major stuff like the original design for the WM poster. They removed Punk from that, and we're not going to see a new CM Punk shirt.

But, Punk will still have a small presence throughout the company over the next few months. It takes awhile to weed out a top star suddenly. That animated WWE mashup show they advertised this week will have Punk in it because they had to animate it so far in advance. Mattel's new toy listings have a new CM Punk figure in an upcoming wave.

From what I've heard, they're still selling Punk shirts at live events (just kind of tucked away in the corner). They still have to make money off the stuff they have. The only reason to justify losing the cash is if it were another Benoit situation. While the company certainly wants to move on and away from Punk, they're not going to lose a ton of cash just because he decided to walk.
This is true, I suppose if anything it shows that WWE had plans for Punk at Mania then, whatever they may be (If it's the HHH thing or what not).

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I saw this, the thought 'interesting' crossed my mind. Whilst my hopes are extremely low for Punk being there, I would love to see him come back. Unfortunately I don't think just over 2 months is enough rest...if he were to come back.

Nonetheless, hope remains for a few more years of Punk in wwe.
Yeah, my initial thought was the same, although nothing to read into, WWE could be playing the media with this one also, I'm not saying that's highly likely but it's definitely bringing a lot of attention to WWE that's for sure.

Honestly, I think Punk is burnt out and needs some time off, which I think he deserves to be honest.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts