Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having the buried alive match half way through the show was ridiculous.

So what we got was the buried finish, everyone acting shocked and saddened by it all, then we cut to Josh Matthews' goofy grin and a crappy backstage interview. After which we come back to the announce team who, in 2 minutes, have gotten over seeing someone BURIED ALIVE and are now full of bounce at the prospect of the remaining half PPV.

Screw up.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,037 Posts
Meh the whole PPV kind've sucked. Team Smackdown beating team Raw despite the fact that Team Smackdown pretty much dominated Raw the whole fued. Buried Alive match in the middle of the show and the ending of Orton Vs Barrett

·
I live in a pineapple....under the sea.
530 Posts
out of the 3 main events, it was prob the least important.....cenexus storyline is the biggest thing in wwe right now, and smackdown vs raw is wat the ppv is based around, so....

·
Premium Member
10,173 Posts
The previous Buried Alive match wasn't the main event either though. I think it worked fine if only there wasn't the DQ ending. No PPV should ever end on that note.

The mid-card matches were all fillers really (some impromptu), but instead of spreading them out they were all clumped together. However, it was difficult to shift any of the bigger matches further down the card.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Yeah it was odd how they cut from the shocked commentators to Josh who appeared to have missed it all because he didn't seem too upset about it.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I thought the same thing as well, that should have closed the PPV, could have been a dramatic ending to the show. Instead it looked horribly out of place on the card. The whole PPV was a huge disappointment really.

·
Registered
283 Posts
lol, yeah, I noticed them cutting to Josh Matthews goofy grin too. Also thought it was lame that it was supposed to be in some way eerie/supernatural that the Undertakers symbol on the grave was obviously just cheap light projection and let's not even get started on the plastic shovels. Can't have them hitting each other with the hard shovels whilst trying to bury one another alive.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
[email protected] they made sure Barrett and Orton didn't have to lose face..if you paid for that PPV to see that match, Vince fucked you with no KY.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Let's have it right because it wasn't a case of Bragging Rights being badly sechedule in regards to match placing, it was more a case of the PPV being absolutely abysmal and probably the worst PPV i have seen since ECW December to Remember a few years ag. I am so so disappointed in WWE for putting that kind of garbage out as a PPV and i am just glad that it was free on Sky Sports 4 because i would be livid if i had paid for it.

Nothing apart from the Bryan Danielson/Dolph Ziggler match worked at all which is unbelievable when you think about it, the match between The Undertaker and Kane should have been much better due to the fact that they have had a lengthly feud and how long the history goes back between them. Randy Orton/Wade Barrett was just horrible and i have now seen that Randy Orton isn't what all of his blind mark's would have everyone believe and i am a Randy Orton fan saying that, last night Randy Orton should have took the lead in the match seeing as Wade Barrett has only been on the main roster for less than six months but Randy Orton showed his major flaws and had John Cena not been outside to add to the story i dread to think how this match would have looked.

Team Raw vs Team SmackDown was pretty much what was expected based on the build and it was ok at best although i think that it would have been much better if Raw had won and The Miz been the sole survivor because he needs the build as Mr Money in the Bank and the fact that he needs to be seen as believable in winning the WWE title. As always any involvement that the women have on a WWE PPV is the perfect time to make a cup of coffee, and boy was it needed to sit through this PPV, and then Goldust/Dibiase just being thrown in as a filler did nothing for either man.

How WWE can justify asking people to pay for this is not only a major cheek but an absolute liberty in my my opinion because this PPV was no better than any episode of Raw has been over the last two years. I also read today that WWE creative being the geniuses that they are decided to change the ending of Orton/Barrett and not put the title on Wade Barrett when that would have at least given this PPV something to remember it by other than the foul stench it left with me, Wade Barrett being WWE champion would have added to the Cena/Barrett/Nexus storyline and also added Randy Orton to it as well but clearly WWE have been hiring TNA's writers and then let them book this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts