Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This years draft saw RAW reclaim its place as the 'flagship' show with the likes of Edge and Jericho joining Triple H, John Cena, Randy Orton etc. This, while bolstering and mixing up RAW's main event scene has undoubtably made SmackDown's main event scene incredibly thin, with the likes of Jack Swagger, Rey Mysterio and Kane having to step up to the main event and join Undertaker and CM Punk (the only established main eventers on that brand).

Now I know with the Undertaker back and SmackDown's imminent move to SiFi coming soon, there has been rumours that WWE will strengthen SmackDown's roster soon. However, do you think it will be good enough to compete with RAW's, like they could a year ago, and arguably had the stronger roster?

SmackDown beat RAW at last year's Bragging Rights Pay-Per-View (one of the new PPV concepts I actually like, and look forward to the most, excluding the Big 4), but with this year's Bragging Rights soon approaching, I belive it will happen after Hell In A Cell, do you think SmackDown have a chance? Or will this year's Bragging Rights go to RAW?

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
890 Posts
It all depends who goes over to Smackdown for the move to SciFi, if people like Evan Bourne or Zack Ryder go to Smackdown then no. Smackdown doesn't have a chance but if Edge or Jericho go to Smackdown then yes. So it all depends who goes to Smackdown.

·
Premium Member
43,588 Posts
I am not a fan of this PPV concept because it has nothing to do with anything storyline related. Why all of a sudden at this point in the year are Raw & SD at war with each other? Where in the storylines currently being showcased by WWE does it call for a Raw vs. SD feud? It just feels like an unnecessary break in the storyline rather than what the PPV should be: A continuation or conclusion of it.

Essentially, this PPV to me is what the Pro Bowl is for the NFL. And who gives a shit about the Pro Bowl?

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I'm going to predict that Smackdown will win just because of the SyFy move and I'd imagine WWE want the show to have a lot of momentum behind it, so what better way to do it?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Too far to predict. A lot can go down in the interim. The thing is that Raw has far too much momentum to need a win, even though it is stacked to the brim with stars. The SyFy move may play a critical role in it. They may either win, or lose by implosion a la Raw last year, to cause some major feud to erupt on the show.

What role will Nexus play in all this? Anyone expect them to last 'til then?
I really hope they do.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
How about a mixed team consisting of Raw and Smackdown to take on Nexus? That would fucking rule.
I actually see that happening.

I don't see Raw vs. Smackdown this year.

I could see in the weeks heading into the PPV, Punk talk about the Nexus saying that he had other things on hsi mind the past few months but now he wants to get some closure with them. (they attacked him and Cena on their first night on Raw).

Raw & Smackdown vs. Nexus

·
Registered
537 Posts
If it is Smackdown vs Raw Id expect Smackdon to win to give it a bit of credibility and not just fully take the piss about how much bigger Raw is

·
Registered
14,223 Posts
I hope is RAW vs. Smackdown. I had enough Nexus.

Team RAW

John Cena, Wade Barrett, John Morrison, Edge, Chris Jericho, R-Truth & The Miz

Team Smackdown

Big Show, CM Punk, Rey Mysterio, Christian, Matt Hardy, Cody Rhodes & Drew McKintyre

Team Smackdown wins after Jericho or Edge betray RAW and announce that he's going back to Smackdown.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Ugh. They're doing that PPV again? I hope they would have dropped it since last year's was so poor both quality and buyrate wise. Since Smackdown is moving to another network and they may want to re-establish the brand, and since honestly winning this thing is not important (it certainly meant and led to nothing last year), I say it's possible they will win, but looking at the star power of the two brands both before and after removing at least two main eventers for a title match outside the Raw vs. Smackdown matches, Smackdown is a much weaker brand so I'd be pretty surprised if they won.

If they do a Raw vs. Smackdown theme again, they need to come up with a better prize for the winners than a trophy that disappears right after the show and bragging rights over the other brand, whatever that means. I think a lot of fans don't care about either of those things, myself included.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
They should make this like the MLB all star game.

Winning team has their brand main eventing WM(meaning no matter what matches are on card, WM final match will be from the brand of whoever wins at bragging rights).

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
They should make this like the MLB all star game.

Winning team has their brand main eventing WM(meaning no matter what matches are on card, WM final match will be from the brand of whoever wins at bragging rights).
That wouldn't be a bad idea. Really they just need to build up why this match is so important, unlike last year where it had pretty much zero build and zero value.

·
The Man Comes Around
8,485 Posts
I really hope that the Nexus invasion angle will be finish and buried before October 24

last year PPV was surprisingly good with the US Champion vs the Intercontinental Champion, 7 Raw guys vs 7 SD guys and 2 titles matches

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Maybe the winner gets 2 hand picked superstars from the other brand? That could lead to Smackdown winning and drafting Jericho and Morrison to smackdown

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Last year, besides Womens Champ vs Divas Champ, IC Champ vs US Champ, and 7-on-7 Raw vs SmackDown, they also had the 60 minute No DQ Ironman Match between John Cena and Randy Orton, which in my opinion was the greatest match those guys have ever had. They states it would be the absolute last time those guys ever faced eachother and so far to date they have stayed true to that, although they will face eachother again at some point.

And to the person who said this pay-per-view has no relevance to the overall WWE picture... while I agree that the Raw vs SmackDown concept itself has no relevance, many feuds within the two teams were started at this pay-per-view in the buildup to Survivor Series. Also, it is around this time that the annual SmackDown vs RAW video game is released so they have this pay-per-view concept to boost sales for that game. I think it's a nice little idea and a good way to see how the two brands match up to one another.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I hope it's a Nexus vs WWE PPV. They could do Barrett/Cena, Bourne/Gabriel, and some other combo vs The Hart Dynasty. If they add NXT2 guys in it, Bryan/Kaval and Orton/McGillicutty would be good matches.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Team RAW will win the trophy by default since they've got Super Cena in their team.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Why do they have this ppv just before survivor series? I think they should change it and have a smackdown vs raw elimination match at survivor series instead.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts