Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 2579 Posts

·
Head em up, Move em out
2,763 Posts
I hope Eddie Hearn is hit by a bus.

What the media have done to Fury is genuinely disgraceful. Amazing how more people can't see the agenda against him. He's right to be pissed off.
As a rule i find Eddie Hearn to be a complete tosser but i agree 100% with his comments on Fury. Fury is a mess and needs to get a grip of himself. Pulls out of a fight citing mental issues then turns up for a boxing event sitting near ringside with a massive grin on his face a few days later. The guy is doing himself no favours

·
Tick Tock
5,730 Posts

·
Head em up, Move em out
2,763 Posts
"People like Dereck Chisora and David Haye are conning people, they're out to con the public and the British Boxing Board of Control say I'm bad for boxing!

"When I say I'm going to fight, I fight. I would fight with no eyes. There was nothing going to keep me out of that ring on Saturday.

"For him (Chisora) to have another little injury and pull out is absolutely pathetic. It's a disgrace to the world of heavyweight boxing.
"
Furys comments after Chisora pulled out with a legit injury in 2014

Here he is getting pissed with England fans at the Euros one week after pulling out of the rematch with Wlad citing a sprained ankle

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/heavyweight-boxing-champ-tyson-fury-8907432

It has emerged the World Heavyweight Champion refused to undergo a check when visited by inspectors from UK Anti-Doping

World Heavyweight Champion Tyson Fury is embroiled in a fresh doping scandal amid claims he recently missed a drugs test.

As reports emerged that he had been found to be medically unfit to fight, we can reveal the fighter refused to undergo a check when visited by inspectors from UK Anti-Doping.

After the snub the boxer’s representatives contacted the drug testing body to reschedule - but that has not yet happened.

A source said: “Tyson was visited by testers over the last few weeks but just refused. He said, ‘F*** off’, and wouldn’t do it. His camp tried to contact UKAD to get him tested but to date that has not taken place.”

Athletes who are found to have refused a drugs test or tampered with their sample face a minimum FOUR YEAR ban, according to officials.

When the Sunday Mirror contacted Fury’s uncle, Peter Fury, he said: “This is all confidential information so I can’t discuss anything relating to UKAD allegations.

“It’s private information and I’m not allowed to divulge anything about the doping allegations at all, period.”

Sophie Ashcroft, from UK Anti-Doping, said: “UK Anti-Doping does not comment on cases until due process has been completed.”

The revelations come just months after we revealed the world heavyweight champ was being probed by officials after traces of a banned anabolic steroid were allegedly discovered in a sample taken last year .

Experts are understood to have found unacceptable levels of nandrolone in a sample taken before he won the world title from Wladimir Klitschko .

Positive effects of the drug, naturally occurring in the body, include muscle growth.

Test samples understood to have been taken between February and March last year, ahead of Fury’s first bout with the former champ, sparked the probe by UK Anti-Doping officials.

Fury denied the allegations.

Here is the clown at the Crolla fight on Saturday night just 2 days after pulling out of the Wlad fight for the second time. The guy is taking the piss out of everyone. And people still claim there is a witch hunt AGAINST him

:duck

I have said all along the guy is a disgrace. The sooner they strip him of the titles the better

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
What the media have done to Fury is genuinely disgraceful. Amazing how more people can't see the agenda against him. He's right to be pissed off.
:kobe

He does it to himself mate. Anytime Fury opens his mouth it's a car crash in slow motion. He's a despicable individual who repulses me at every opportunity.

The division could now be in a complete mess because of his actions.

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
Yeah I don't think there will be a unified champion for a long time, lawyers will get involved etc.
Doesn't matter IMO. Until someone else beats Wlad K., Fury is the best heavyweight in the world. Those titles don't mean anything and I'm surprised that media and boxing pundits care so much about you know, "stripping titles" and "mandatory title defenses". They're not real world championships anyway.

To be frank Floyd Patterson fought once a year as champ, Sonny Liston fought once a year as champ....you can surely find other champs who didn't fight two or three times a year. It's been 10 months since Fury beat Klitscko.

·
Tick Tock
5,730 Posts
WBO give Tyson Fury 10 days to clarify medical status

The WBO sent a letter to Fury on Monday asking that his doctor contacts them to clarify the nature of his condition and gave him 10 days to respond.

The letter said: "We would appreciate that the physician specifically clarifies the nature and extent of your condition and your prognosis for return to training and your return to competition.

"If the Championship Committee does not receive the complete requested information, i.e. the Interim Certification, together with the Psychological and/or Mental Evaluation, within the allotted time frame of 10 days, the Committee will proceed with the necessary appropriate action without the benefit of an appeal."

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
Vasyl Lomachenko will fight Nicholas Walters in a junior lightweight title bout Nov. 26 at The Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas on HBO, according to a report in the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

“We’re still finalizing the details with the Cosmo and if everything is fine, we will make the announcement Wednesday,” Bob Arum, who promotes both fighters, told the newspaper. “It’s a really great fight. The fans will be pleased.”

Lomachenko, rated No. 7 pound for pound by the RING and the WBO titleholder, was in negotiations to fight Walters in April but Walters pulled out because he wasn’t satisfied with his purse.

The Ukrainian (6-1, 4 KOs) has only seven pro bouts but is already a two-division titleholder. He is coming off a fifth-round knockout of Roman Martinez on June 11 that earned him his belt.

Walters (26-0-1, 21 KOs) made a splash by knocking out Nonito Donaire to win the WBA featherweight title in October 2014 but the Jamaican has fought only twice since. He is coming off a draw against Jason Sosa last December.
http://www.ringtv.com/466399-vasyl-lomachenko-vs-nicholas-walters-set-nov-26/

·
Tick Tock
5,730 Posts

The wait is almost over! Five years after their first scheduled contest Juergen Braehmer (48-2, 35 KOs) and Nathan Cleverly (29-3, 15 KOs) will finally meet in a World title fight on Saturday night at the Jahnsportforum in Neubrandenburg.

WBA World Champion Braehmer returns to happy hunting ground as he looks to secure his seventh successive title defence by defeating his long-standing rival.

The German veteran captured the WBA strap against Marcus Oliveira at the Jahnsportforum in 2013, and successfully defended the belt with a shutout points victory over domestic rival Eduard Gutknecht in March this year.

‘’This is a special fight for me,’’ said Braehmer at today’s final press conference. ‘’It’s a fight I’ve wanted for a long time, and a fight the fans are excited to see. I will enter the ring, as I always do, with just one goal in my mind – to win, no matter what, and with the support of crowd in Neubrandenburg, I know I will.’’

The challenger, Cleverly, believes timing is on his side, as the former WBO Champion aims to wrestle the belt from the 37 year-old Braehmer, and begin his second World title reign.

‘’It’s great that this fight is finally happening,’’ said Cleverly. ‘’It’s been five years in the making, and finally Braehmer is stepping up to the plate.

‘’It’s a going to be a difficult fight for me, but it has come at the wrong time for him. He’s 37 years old and reaching the end of his career, and I’m 29 and just hitting my peak. Juergen is a great fighter, but he’s not ready for what I’m bringing. I want this too much and I will be bringing the belt home with me.’’
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/braehmer-cleverly-final-press-conference-355371

·
Head em up, Move em out
2,763 Posts

·
Head em up, Move em out
2,763 Posts
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-tests-positive-cocaine-8949404

Fury had been set to fight Wladimir Klitschko in his first title defence on October 29, before pulling out of the return bout last week

World heavyweight champion Tyson Fury could be stripped of his world heavyweight titles after reportedly testing positive for cocaine.

Fury pulled out of his October 29 rematch with Wladimir Klitschko on September 23, after being "medically unfit".

However, according to ESPN, Fury tested positive for the drug the previous day, September 22.

Fury reportedly failed a Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) conducted test, with cocaine found in a random urine sample

Fury has previously hinted at drug use in his long-running battle with depression.

Speaking in an interview in April, The Gypsy King declared: “It’s either high or low. I’m either off my head on cocaine or down on the floor from a tranquiliser injection.

"Most of the time, I’m just down and depressed like today, because for every high there’s a low.”

Mirror Sport has contacted VADA and Mr Fury's representatives for comment.
He give the sample the day before he pulled out of the fight :lmao

What a fucking embarrassment this guy is. Hope he never steps foot in a boxing ring again :punkout

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Fury announced he was suffering from depression so that when he was stripped he could blame depression, hoping to keep the failed test in house: if the failed test was leaked he could say that he was struggling on that particular date and took a line. (My take on it all)

What makes little sense to me; he was suspended back in July for failing a drugs test. That ban got appealed; it either got overturned or the length of the appeal meant he was available for 1 more pay day V Klitschko before being banned for a long time. Now it's leaked he failed a test in September. So what the fuck was going on in July?

161 - 180 of 2579 Posts