Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2537 Posts

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
Outstanding performance from Terence Crawford :clap:clap:clap

Tremendous speed and he displayed superb footwork & ring IQ. He's without a doubt one of the best P4P boxers on the planet right now. I hope he lands that Pacquiao fight because I feel like it would end up being a passing of the torch. He's got the potential to become a superstar.

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
I was following the Crawfoord fight on a boxing forum and it was sad to watch all these boxing experts who thought they had outsmarted the odds-makers.

No the odds-makers outsmarted you.

·
Head em up, Move em out
2,751 Posts
http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10513338/manny-pacquiao-may-not-fight-terence-crawford-straight-away-says-freddie-roach

Freddie Roach has admitted that he may not pick Terence Crawford as an opponent for Manny Pacquiao's November comeback fight.

The Hall of Fame trainer was in the opposing corner to Crawford at the weekend as the Omaha super-lightweight unified the division by comfortably outpointing Ukrainian Viktor Postol.

The victory seemed to set up a mega fight with multi-weight world champion Pacquiao, who is likely to return to the ring this autumn.

Promoter Bob Arum previously compiled a three-man shortlist for the chance to face 'Pac-Man', with Crawford's name put alongside welterweight world champions Jessie Vargas and Danny Garcia.

Roach, however, has dispelled the chances of Crawford landing the fight, telling boxingscene.com: "I don't think we are going to accept or want the Crawford fight for Manny straight away.

"We will take it in the future, give me one warm-up fight and a fight right after that and then we can talk.

"It will be a tough match-up as Crawford can move for 12 rounds and is a pretty good puncher. He hits hard and emulates Floyd Mayweather Jr quite a bit in his style - he's like a younger version.
Freddie going on like Manny has been retired for years, His last fight was 3 month ago ffs :lmao

He knows deep down that Terence will be a total nightmare for manny

·
Registered
664 Posts
Anyone watchin Santa Cruz vs. Frampton now? Mikey Garcia vs. Elio Rojas just ended. It was good fast match. Rojas showed a lot of heart, but Mikey Garcia outboxed him in the footwork, head movement, combinations and power, they were pretty even speed wise, Mikey Garcia might be looking to go down to Lightweight to be a top contender for the division title after this Super Lightweight Bout. Entertaining fight, both guys pretty good orthodox boxers, but Rojas got overpowered by a hell of fighter in Mikey Garcia.

Rojas got some quick shots in and some 1,2's on the first couple of rounds but Garcia picked up the pace afterwards dropping Rojas 5-4 times during the fight, 2 of them on round 5 when the referee stopped the fight after the second fall of round 5.

·
Head em up, Move em out
2,751 Posts
Not to sure which way this Frampton fight is going to go but if pushed i would go with Santa Cruz by stoppage around 9 or 10

·
Registered
664 Posts
Not to sure which way this Frampton fight is going to go but if pushed i would go with Santa Cruz by stoppage around 9 or 10
2 rounds into the fight in these 2 mofos are really going at it. Good exchanges between Frampton and Santa Cruz. If anyone is not watching this right now tune the fuck in, don't sleep on this one you won't regret it.

·
Head em up, Move em out
2,751 Posts
I think it's time to start seriously considering Carl Frampton as one of the pound for pound best boxers on the planet. He keeps on impressing and defying the odds.
I think he needs a couple of convincing wins before he is regarded as one of the best p4p boxers. He won the Quigg fight more to Quiggs lack of activity than anything else. He was not particularly impressive that night. The Santa Cruz fight could have gone either way but Carl was outstanding i must admit. A rematch is surely on the cards. If it is anything like Saturdays bout we are in for another treat :avit:

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
I think it's time to start seriously considering Carl Frampton as one of the pound for pound best boxers on the planet. He keeps on impressing and defying the odds.
He never competed in the olympics, he's not popular in Belfast, he's not popular in the UK, doesnt accept any national anthem to be played at his title fights. So he has a couple of things working against him, but it could happen, but it will take time to build a reputation with him.

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
He never competed in the Olympics, he's not popular in Belfast, he's not popular in the UK, doesn't accept any national anthem to be played at his title fights. So he has a couple of things working against him, but it could happen, but it will take time to build a reputation with him.
I am totally fine with that. National Anthems being sung before big boxing fights have always annoyed the hell out of me. Most of the time these guys are mercenaries just looking for a payday not patriots fighting for their country.

All the points you brought up really have no bearings on P4P discussions though. It's about overall talent and achievements, not popularity.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Props to Frampton for the win, I had it a lot closer than a couple of the judges had it, I'd definitely like to see a rematch, but his outright ducking of Rigondeaux is not good in my opinion.

Carls a good fighter but its an out and out duck what hes doing regarding Rigo. He reckons there is no money in the bout, while that is true, where was the money in the Gonalez Jr and Avalos fights? Hes not even saying to Rigo if you move up I'll fight ya, its just a duck. Not taking anything away from him but this duck is shameful

·
Head em up, Move em out
2,751 Posts
He never competed in the olympics, he's not popular in Belfast, he's not popular in the UK, doesnt accept any national anthem to be played at his title fights. So he has a couple of things working against him, but it could happen, but it will take time to build a reputation with him.
:canunot

41 - 60 of 2537 Posts