Wrestling Forum banner

2641 - 2658 of 2658 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Can you imagine if Lopez actually pulls off the upset? I see him as the kind of guy that could become a pretty big star under the right circumstances.

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
Can you imagine if Lopez actually pulls off the upset? I see him as the kind of guy that could become a pretty big star under the right circumstances.
Do you think he's got enough to take out Lomachenko? Loma doesn't look as unstoppable at this weight but Lopez pretty much just comes right in and presses the action

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Do you think he's got enough to take out Lomachenko? Loma doesn't look as unstoppable at this weight but Lopez pretty much just comes right in and presses the action
Its probably a bit too early for Lopez to step up like this, but with his power + Loma as you say not exactly looking superhuman recently (and being well into his 30s now) you never know. If I had to pick an outcome i'd say Loma gives him a boxing lesson though.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I'm not sure how im even gonna watch the damn thing. I thought it was supposed to be on Fite over here but I dont see it listed on there, and it doesnt seem to be available anywhere else either.

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
WTF why the hell did Loma wait till like the 8th round before starting his attack, the fight got really good after that and Lopez stole the 12th there to put it away

Also that 119 scorecard was really BS terrible score

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Loma started way, way too slow. Once he finally put his foot on the gas it was a different fight, but he did it so late that the scorecards were pretty much insurmountable anyway.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Loma waited so long to start because he was afraid of Lopez's power. He was hoping the younger, asthmatic fighter would punch himself out late in the fight and he nearly did. But the kid came out strong in the 12th.

Teofimo swept the first 7 rounds, Lomachenko swept 8-11, Teofimo dominated the 12th.

116-112 Lopez, easy fight to score.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Loma waited so long to start because he was afraid of Lopez's power. He was hoping the younger, asthmatic fighter would punch himself out late in the fight and he nearly did. But the kid came out strong in the 12th.

Teofimo swept the first 7 rounds, Lomachenko swept 8-11, Teofimo dominated the 12th.

I agree 100 percent with this. But honestly, I really really thought Lomachenko would beat him. Good fight though.

·
Registered
8,360 Posts

Yeah but that doesn't excuse doing absolutely nothing first 6-7 rounds, i did like that Lopez kept throwing body shots too,

I hope there is a rematch

2641 - 2658 of 2658 Posts