Wrestling Forum banner

2621 - 2640 of 2658 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
So i have been having a debate with one of my buddies. You guys think Charles Martin can put himself back into a title shot? My friend seems to think he's horrible because of his AJ fight, but I like him and think he has good power in his left and is pretty aggresive, and I think the AJ fight was a one time thing. Probably top 15 heavyweight as of now to me . I think he has a lot he is trying to prove to the world and himself and doesn't want the AJ fight to be his highlight.
He is fringe top 15 level. Certainly possible that he gets another title shot at some point given that you never know what kind of fuckery might happen with the various belts. But hes nowhere near the Fury/AJ/Wilder level and a few steps below the Povetkin/Whyte/Ortiz/Parker/Ruiz/Pulev/Hunter level too imo, probably loses to Dubois, Joyce and Hrgovic as well. Hes a solid gatekeeper pretty much.

·
Registered
8,360 Posts

Canelo/Jermall is a compelling match up after tonight. Probably the biggest available for Canelo from a commercial perspective outside of a third GGG fight too.
Yup that would be an interesting matchup that's for sure though I think Canelo would beat him

Lolol only just saw this. He aint his dad thats for sure.
Did you see his dads face :poop:? JCC jr is an embarrassment to boxing not just to his dad's legacy 🤮

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
So many fights to get through. Just saw Yokas absolute demolition job of Duhaupas. Also Hrgovics nasty KO victory

Josh Taylor wrecked some guy i'm admittedly not familiar with in the first round too. Busy weekend between the boxing and MMA. Still havent seen most of the Charlo undercard yet either.

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
Zepeda/Baranchyk was absolutely nuts. Shame it didnt have a crowd.

Wow need to watch this too

Mark Breland, who has served as Deontay Wilder’s co-trainer for his entire 12-year professional career, will no longer be part of his team as Wilder prepares for a third fight against heavyweight champion Tyson Fury.

“That was the decision that was made,” Shelly Finkel, Wilder’s co-manager, told BoxingScene on Friday. “After his next fight it will be determined if the right decision was made or not.”

Finkel, who managed Breland during his professional boxing career, brought Breland into Wilder’s camp when Wilder turned pro believing he would help him perfect his jab and bring a wealth of experience.
Lol can't believe Wilder using him as a scapegoat when he was utterly dominated, he should be lucky he threw in the towel to save him lol

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Best thing he can do is dropping some weight at this point. 230 was too much for him. He should stick to his usual 215.
I think Fury will come in heavy and try to bully and stop him again. I dunno if the lower weight would help Wilder there or not. Whatever weight he is hes just gotta go all out with that right hand and hope he lands the hail Mary, its all he can do really. I dont mean it in a disparaging way either because as limited as Wilder might be, repeatedly facing a big puncher like him is like repeatedly pulling the trigger in Russian roulette, one of those times your heads coming off.

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
I think Fury will come in heavy and try to bully and stop him again. I dunno if the lower weight would help Wilder there or not. Whatever weight he is hes just gotta go all out with that right hand and hope he lands the hail Mary, its all he can do really. I dont mean it in a disparaging way either because as limited as Wilder might be, repeatedly facing a big puncher like him is like repeatedly pulling the trigger in Russian roulette, one of those times your heads coming off.
I don't think it matters how heavy or light Fury comes in, he's proven he's slick enough to avoid most of the heavy punches Wilder winds up for.... But I think he's gonna come in around the same weight as he managed to take some big shots from Wilder and not even get hurt much

·
Registered
526 Posts
Theres claims that Fury/Wilder 3 is off completely.
Probably. Apparently Wilder said he got his bicep injured in his last fight with Fury and had surgery on it and has not been able to train at all. He's hoping to return to some sort of training at least some time soon, but from the sound of it nothing serious. Honestly, it sounds like he is just defeated mentally from that last fight and I would not be surprised to see him retire soon. And that's coming from someone that was hoping he would make a big comeback and beat Fury.

2621 - 2640 of 2658 Posts