Wrestling Forum banner

2601 - 2620 of 2658 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
who is your money on guys when it comes to Whyte vs Povetkin?

I think Whyte will win by KO in a good fight.
60/40 Whyte for me. It'll be pretty competitive imo. I dont think Whyte will get the stoppage. And lets be honest, Whyte will get the nod on the scorecards if its remotely close anyway.

·
Registered
526 Posts
60/40 Whyte for me. It'll be pretty competitive imo. I dont think Whyte will get the stoppage. And lets be honest, Whyte will get the nod on the scorecards if its remotely close anyway.
That is true. Personally, I like Povetkin better. Whyte just talks a lot of smack, but he can back it up pretty well and Povetkin is getting up there in age. Should be a fun night though.

On the undercard though, Winters vs Alen Basic is one i am really excited about and expecting a war.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Whyte is another who has been completely overhyped by the crowd following boxing casuals.

A bang average heavyweight who yes, has improved to an extent over the years, but who is nowhere near as good as people have liked to pretend in recent times.

Both Joshua and Fury are miles ahead of everyone else.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Tbh, his only “notable” scalp was Joseph Parker, who in reality is bang average. Not surprised at all by this result.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Tbh, his only “notable” scalp was Joseph Parker, who in reality is bang average. Not surprised at all by this result.
I dont think Parker is average in my opinion. He is in the top ten probably. And Whyte, while not the best heavyweight out there is in the top ten as well.

It was a great night overall. Alen Babic impressed me, but I dont think he will go far when facing bigger top heavyweights. He would be much better at cruiserweight. He's 205 pounds and they say 6 foot 1, but in reality he's probably right at 6 feet.

The main event was good. Glad Povetkin won, even though I thought Whyte would win before the fight happened. Couple of things I came away with is that the commentators should be ashamed with how hard they were kissing Whytes ass the whole fight and not a single good thing about Povetkin the whole fight. And two, I think its BS that there might be a rematch between them. Povetkin won with no bs or dispute. Knocked the soul out of Whyte.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
KO of the year so far.

I just dont want anyone or anything getting in the way of AJ/Fury. It was frustrating hearing Whyte constantly being interjected into things.

Joe Smith Jr looked good vs Eleider Alvarez too. Him vs Beterbiev would be fireworks.

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
Isn't it ironic Andy Ruiz is clowning someone for losing when he got clowned by AJ and the only thing he's been up to seems to be partying and hanging out with callgirls smdh.... Guess money changes everyone doesn't it smh

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
3,634 Posts
What a TKO by povetkin, whyte is too fucking cocky and needs to seriously beat him next fight or he will just be a nearly man, shame to as he has huge potential, frank Warren is bang on when he said they matchroom used white as a pawn.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Isn't it ironic Andy Ruiz is clowning someone for losing when he got clowned by AJ and the only thing he's been up to seems to be partying and hanging out with callgirls smdh.... Guess money changes everyone doesn't it smh
Whyte does chat a lot of shit so its no surprise that so many people are celebrating his downfall. But yeah, Ruiz aint exactly in a position to talk considering he will go down as a worse version of Buster Douglas. Not only that but he doesnt seem to understand that when guys like Whyte get taken out it means less winnable, good money fights available for him. Its the same thing as when Wilder was all over social media shitting on AJ after the loss, you just lost out on by far the biggest money fight you could have ever had ya dumbass!

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
Whyte does chat a lot of shit so its no surprise that so many people are celebrating his downfall. But yeah, Ruiz aint exactly in a position to talk considering he will go down as a worse version of Buster Douglas. Not only that but he doesnt seem to understand that when guys like Whyte get taken out it means less winnable, good money fights available for him. Its the same thing as when Wilder was all over social media shitting on AJ after the loss, you just lost out on by far the biggest money fight you could have ever had ya dumbass!
LMAO OMG yes the Buster Douglas comparison seems to fit him especially well except instead of going back to what talent he was at Ruiz could have been up there as one of the top heavyweights in this era but no he'd rather do stupid shit smh

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Clowned by AJ? AJ couldn't even knock him out for 12 Rounds. He won the title back via UD, but that doesn't change the fact that he couldn't out-fight a fatter, more lethargic Ruiz, and in the middle of Arabia to boot!

It's like being the Patriots from 2007-08 when they were 18-0, only to be humiliated by a Giants comeback at Super Bowl 42. That's the AJ-Ruiz 1 fight in a nutshell. The rematch would be more or less like Super Bowl 49, where Andy pulled a Seahawks and decided to not run the ball.

In short, until AJ knocks a serious Andy out in a trilogy, he'll never be seen as a proper heavyweight.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Clowned by AJ? AJ couldn't even knock him out for 12 Rounds. He won the title back via UD, but that doesn't change the fact that he couldn't out-fight a fatter, more lethargic Ruiz, and in the middle of Arabia to boot!

It's like being the Patriots from 2007-08 when they were 18-0, only to be humiliated by a Giants comeback at Super Bowl 42. That's the AJ-Ruiz 1 fight in a nutshell. The rematch would be more or less like Super Bowl 49, where Andy pulled a Seahawks and decided to not run the ball.

In short, until AJ knocks a serious Andy out in a trilogy, he'll never be seen as a proper heavyweight.
I think Ruiz just has the Mexican chin. That uppercut/hook combo AJ landed in the first fight that dropped him (and the flush right hand that followed when he got up) looked like the kind of shots that Joshua has put people away with before. Even in the 2nd fight AJ landed a few heavy shots at times and they had no effect. I would be very interested in seeing Ruiz vs Wilder to see how his chin would hold up in that fight.

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
DAZN putting so much focus on boxing as a selling point for a sports streaming service in America was a bad move in the first place tbh.

Sounds like Golden Boy is the one really in trouble now lol

According to Kenny Porter; Shawn Porter is very interested in cashing in his lottery ticket for his WBO mandatory title defense against Terence Crawford next.
Let's wait and see about this but if True about F'n time Crawford fought somebody

·
Registered
526 Posts
So i have been having a debate with one of my buddies. You guys think Charles Martin can put himself back into a title shot? My friend seems to think he's horrible because of his AJ fight, but I like him and think he has good power in his left and is pretty aggresive, and I think the AJ fight was a one time thing. Probably top 15 heavyweight as of now to me . I think he has a lot he is trying to prove to the world and himself and doesn't want the AJ fight to be his highlight.

2601 - 2620 of 2658 Posts