Wrestling Forum banner

2581 - 2596 of 2596 Posts

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
15? Make that 20-25 years when both were young. I can't believe Roy's most recent bout was two years ago.
I was just thinking the general kinda time frame when RJJ beat Ruiz and Mike was on his way out. Obviously both were past their peaks by then, but I just think it would have still been looked at as a mismatch and a bit of a freakshow if it had happened much earlier than that.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Naazim Richardson passed away today, RIP

Naazim Richardson, a respected longtime trainer from Philadelphia, has died. The Boxing Writers Association of America confirmed Richardson's death Friday morning. Richardson, a devout Muslim who answered to "Brother Naazim," is most known for training legends Bernard Hopkins and Shane Mosley. He also worked with former cruiserweight champion Steve Cunningham and his nephew, lightweight Karl Dargan, who like Hopkins, are Philadelphia natives.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I was just thinking the general kinda time frame when RJJ beat Ruiz and Mike was on his way out. Obviously both were past their peaks by then, but I just think it would have still been looked at as a mismatch and a bit of a freakshow if it had happened much earlier than that.
Ruiz had a bad post-title career. He got screwed by the judges in two fights with that big Russian guy.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,769 Posts
You guys got any thoughts on Joshua vs Pulev?

Joshua will beat him, but do you guys think Pulev stands a chance at all?

He's past his prime pulev but still dangerous enough if Joshua is looking past him which I highly doubt as he learned from his defeat against Ruiz in the first fight, in the second he just out boxed him, he needs to assert his power and speed from round one or pulev will wait just like Ruiz did, but AJ should win,, then if Fury v Wilder doesnt happennagain, the biggest fight in british heavyweight boxing history should happen, split the purse 50/50 as this is what it will come down to money and if hearn or Warren don't make it happen then a lot of boxing fans will pissed off no end.

·
Registered
201 Posts
He's past his prime pulev but still dangerous enough if Joshua is looking past him which I highly doubt as he learned from his defeat against Ruiz in the first fight, in the second he just out boxed him, he needs to assert his power and speed from round one or pulev will wait just like Ruiz did, but AJ should win,, then if Fury v Wilder doesnt happennagain, the biggest fight in british heavyweight boxing history should happen, split the purse 50/50 as this is what it will come down to money and if hearn or Warren don't make it happen then a lot of boxing fans will pissed off no end.
You are 100 percent correct in my opinion. I love Pulev and his fighting style. But like you said, Joshua is not making the same mistake like he did with Ruiz the first time. On top of that Pulev has a great jab, but sadly he lacks the power to finish a fight, unlike Ruiz. I think his KO percentage is 48 percent last i checked.

Joshua vs Fury would be amazing if it happens. My money would probably be on Fury though.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,769 Posts
You are 100 percent correct in my opinion. I love Pulev and his fighting style. But like you said, Joshua is not making the same mistake like he did with Ruiz the first time. On top of that Pulev has a great jab, but sadly he lacks the power to finish a fight, unlike Ruiz. I think his KO percentage is 48 percent last i checked.

Joshua vs Fury would be amazing if it happens. My money would probably be on Fury though.
Fury will outbox and out think AJ, he is one if not the smartest boxer in the modern era, his dad said in the first fight that tyson shouldn't of been 16 stone 2lbs he should of been 16 stone 11lbs as proved by the second fight he out boxed the hardest puncher of the modern era, AJ is slick and can box but he has as proven against Ruiz in the first fight he can be k.o'd, fury got straight up after being knocked down by wilder and Wilders face was one of sheer disbelief, man I hope it happens it would make for a great fight, just comes down to money and if wilder steps aside and fury faces his mandatory challenger beats him and AJ beats pulev, there can be no more excuses from either side, makes for a fascinating match and one I expect to live up to expectations.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
That Eggington/Cheeseman fight was a war. They should definitely run it back.

You guys got any thoughts on Joshua vs Pulev?

Joshua will beat him, but do you guys think Pulev stands a chance at all?
Never say never I guess, nobody gave Ruiz a chance the first time either. You'd have to think Joshua wins it comfortably though, probably stops Pulev before the 10th. I dont think AJ will be looking to jab and move his way to a decision in this one.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That Eggington/Cheeseman fight was a war. They should definitely run it back.

Never say never I guess, nobody gave Ruiz a chance the first time either. You'd have to think Joshua wins it comfortably though, probably stops Pulev before the 10th. I dont think AJ will be looking to jab and move his way to a decision in this one.
I mean yea you're right. But Pulev has a large hill to climb here. Ruiz had good power at least. With Pulev I just don't see his style of jab jab working well on a guy as big and powerful as AJ. And yea AJ will probably try and go for the KO in this one. I'm predicting this one ending somewhere in the 5th or 6th.

2581 - 2596 of 2596 Posts