Wrestling Forum banner

2541 - 2560 of 2578 Posts

·
Registered
8,329 Posts

oh shit 👀👀

YAAAAASSSS!!! Finally we gonna have an undisputed champion next year.

He's gotta get through Bronze Bomber again first!
As if he won't easily outbox him like he's done the first two times :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,329 Posts

Charles Martin read recently that among the reasons Anthony Joshua is committed to making a mandatory defense of his IBF heavyweight title against Kubrat Pulev is that Joshua doesn’t want to give it up and allow Martin to fight Pulev for it.

Martin is the IBF’s second-ranked contender and would face the top-rated Pulev for that championship if Joshua vacated it. Joshua, who also owns the WBA, WBO and IBO crowns, knocked out Martin in the second round to win the IBF championship in April 2016 at O2 Arena in London.

Eddie Hearn, Joshua’s promoter, intends to reschedule the Joshua-Pulev bout. The new date for Joshua-Pulev won’t be determined until the British government permits fans to attend sporting events.

Martin is holding out hope that Joshua will change his mind and skip his mandated defense versus Pulev to pursue bigger fights.

“As far as I’m concerned, that’s the least he can do for me,” Martin told BoxingScene.com. “I made his entire career. Without me, Anthony Joshua doesn’t exist. I didn’t train a day for him and went to his backyard hurt for my first defense. The not training part is on me because I thought Joshua was just another chinny, overrated bum. To this day, I know I was right about that chin.”

What a tool so instead of wanting to beat the champion he'd rather the champ vacate so he can win the belt from a challenger instead lmao

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wilder will probably land his hail Mary and win this time. Then the division will be held up again for another year.
I can actually see this happening. Fury is a million times better at boxing but I think Wilder will be extremely aggresive this time around because its make it or break it for him. He's done if he doesn't win here. So he's going to come at Fury hard and I can see him catching him with the big right while Fury is screwing around with him with his hands down.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I can actually see this happening. Fury is a million times better at boxing but I think Wilder will be extremely aggresive this time around because its make it or break it for him. He's done if he doesn't win here. So he's going to come at Fury hard and I can see him catching him with the big right while Fury is screwing around with him with his hands down.
Yep. If you fight a massive puncher like Wilder enough times his punchers chance is gonna work for him eventually.

Whatever happens, I really hope we get a unified champ soon.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Even if he wins. Things will change fast with him on top. Either he becomes a real threat and learns to master his craft after getting humbled by Fury and becomes a true champion, or he takes on someone else thats a real challenger and losses fast. There is a lot of guys that are good and would be gunning for him these days.

2541 - 2560 of 2578 Posts