Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 4562 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
28,696 Posts
Congrats to Charlotte on ranking 29th in Sports Illustrateds Fittest 50
https://www.si.com/specials/fittest50-2017/women.html

Charlotte really is making tons of media rounds this week.

She was on Fox News yesterday doing a radio interview: https://radio.foxnews.com/2017/09/21/video-charlotte-flair-on-her-legendary-father-ric-flair-why-the-wwe-steers-away-from-politics/

And this morning, she was on iHeartRadio and Sirius XM looking fabulous with her pink nail polish:

BZUAOKeAg20

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
CHARLOTTE LIKES THE MOVIE COOL RUNNINGS! :lol

THAT'S ADORABLE!

·
The EST of NXT
28,696 Posts
@Flair Shot @Flair Flop @IceTheRetroKid Charlotte's book has already sold out of online orders on Barnes and Noble!!! :woo https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/second-nature-ric-flair-ric-flair/1125259406#/

Here are the signing dates and locations: https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/charlotte-flairs-book-signing-tour-dates-announced

— 9/21 at 7 PM in Ridgewood, NJ at Bookends.

— 9/27 at 7 PM in Orlando, FL at Barnes & Noble.

— 9/28 at 7 PM in Tampa, FL at Barnes & Noble.

— 9/30 at 3PM in Boise, Idaho at Barnes & Noble.

·
4,302 Posts
Guess Charlotte liking Cool Runnings had people talking all of the hub-bub. That sold the book alone.

:side:

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

·
4,302 Posts
Cool, I wish I could drive 2 hours to Ridgewood on such short notice.

(eh, well I already got her signed picture from NXT Philly 2 years ago, so I have that at least)

Man poor Charlotte, she knew in this book that she was rushed a bit and it hurt when Paige kept saying she wanted just Sasha on the main roster and wanted Sasha to get the push while Charlotte should be "honed" some more.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Man poor Charlotte, she knew in this book that she was rushed a bit and it hurt when Paige kept saying she wanted just Sasha on the main roster and wanted Sasha to get the push while Charlotte should be "honed" some more.
Now I hope that Paige is brought back just so Charlotte can repeatedly squash her skank ass

·
4,302 Posts
Now I hope that Paige is brought back just so Charlotte can repeatedly squash her skank ass
I will note that while both Sasha and Paige seemed to be critical of Charlotte, Sasha was okay with Charlotte being pushed, as long as they were equals in the ring (which was her issue that sometimes management didn't do that). So while Sasha was bitter, she still respected Charlotte.

Paige on the other hand just flat out didn't want the Charlotte push to happen at all, so obviously the respect wasn't even there.

Reactions: Flair Flop

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I will note that while both Sasha and Paige seemed to be critical of Charlotte, Sasha was okay with Charlotte being pushed, as long as they were equals in the ring (which was her issue that sometimes management didn't do that). So while Sasha was bitter, she still respected Charlotte.

Paige on the other hand just flat out didn't want the Charlotte push to happen at all, so obviously the respect wasn't even there.
Oh, I’m completely with you when it’s comes to Sasha and Charlotte’s relationship. They both take shots at each other and they have both maybe went a bit far at times, but at the end of the day they do respect each other and will give credit where it’s due.

This make me wonder how many liberties Paige took with the Reid angle. I’ve said before that I’m ok with going off script but there are boundaries.

I’m going to keep stuff about the book in spoiler tags.

Omg, she met Jordan and Ali as a kid and had no idea of the significance

·
4,302 Posts
It feels tragic, Charlotte basically felt like her best friend and her best rival, in Becky and Sasha, knew more about wrestling because they immersed themselves in the industry since they were children., where as Charlotte was only just shown what she was shown.

It must be kinda weird, when management and people think you're the best but she feels that Sasha and Becky just knew more and exposed themselves to different wrestling knowledge and she was expected to be better than them so soon, because she was being pushed early in NXT but she...was being taught things by Sasha and Becky's interest in wrestling and starting to train as teenagers and knowing the "terms" like smart marks for so long.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I’m going to keep stuff about the book in spoiler tags.

Omg, she met Jordan and Ali as a kid and had no idea of the significance
Much appreciated!!

Can others please do so as well, at least for a few weeks after its publication?

I already got it on my kindle but didn't have the time to read it.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
It’s absolutely heartbreaking to read about her relationship with Riki. What a piece of shit! On a more positive note, he stories about being a kid hanging out with wrestlers are awesome

·
The Blue Meanie
15,838 Posts
It’s absolutely heartbreaking to read about her relationship with Riki. What a piece of shit! On a more positive note, he stories about being a kid hanging out with wrestlers are awesome
Damn. I want this book. Never knew Ashley/Charlotte went through so much.

As for Paige, it's quote obvious that Charlotte has surpassed her in every way.

Mike Jones of DC101 spoke with Charlotte Flair about the new book, Second Nature: The Legacy Of Ric Flair And The Rise of Charlotte. She discussed how her mind is blown that she has a book out, opening up fully about her life and how hard that was, motivation for her character, a Ric Flair update and more.

You can listen to the full interview at the end of this article or check out more here, they sent us these highlights:

Being amazed that she has a book out:

"I worked on this project for two years, and it's kind of like when you finally debut on the main roster, you're like 'gosh I've been doing this for so long!' Well, I didn't really do it that long but you know what I mean. You work towards a goal and then it's finally accomplished. I just can't believe I have a book. It's crazy!"

Wasn't sure about opening up so much:

"When this opportunity first came to me, I was really hesitant. Because for so long, I was so ashamed of my past and embarrassed. I spent the whole time I've been in WWE trying to build this character who is unbreakable, who is not vulnerable and who is not relatable. For me to let down my guard and let people in, I had to make that decision and once I did I had to own it."

Wrestling changed and saved her life:

"The message that I really want people to know is that no matter how old you are and no matter how bad it is, you have the choice to change. That's what wrestling did for me. Believe it or not, it was wrestling. If you had asked me in my early 20's or in high school if I was going to wrestle, I would have laughed at you. I found something that I was passionate about and that changed my life."

Her brother Reid motivates her now:

"Reid wanted to be Ric Flair. And I think part of what drives my character is my brother struggled so much with being compared to my dad when he was on the independents and it really frustrated me. No one understands what it's like to walk in the shadow of a famous father, let alone Ric Flair, in the wrestling industry."

How instrumental NXT trainer Sara Del Rey has been to her career:

"She told me to believe in who you are. She could see the insecurities and because I didn't come from modeling and I was taller, she just knew I wasn't comfortable in my own skin. She was the one that told me to be strong, be athletic, be you. She brought that out of me."

The 100' tall photo of the WWE women on AT&T Stadium for WrestleMania:

"I didn't know it was real. I thought, that's cute, look what the fans are making in the middle of the arena. Then Sasha sent me a text of the picture of it because she had a selfie of it. I said, 'oh, that's real! We really are in the middle of the arena, on AT&T Stadium!'"

You can listen to the full interview below:

Audio at link

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Damn. I want this book. Never knew Ashley/Charlotte went through so much.

As for Paige, it's quote obvious that Charlotte has surpassed her in every way.
I’m really enjoying it. There’s some stuff in it that I already knew, but she really makes the book worth your while with plenty of stories that haven’t been publicized and some that have been wildly twisted that she clears up. I actually cheated and started on Charlotte’s half.

·
The Blue Meanie
15,838 Posts
I’m really enjoying it. There’s some stuff in it that I already knew, but she really makes the book worth your while with plenty of stories that haven’t been publicized and some that have been wildly twisted that she clears up. I actually cheated and started on Charlotte’s half.
Sorry for the dumb question but is it literally two books in one? Or do they go back and forth between chapters?

If she ever has a book signing in New York, I'd love to go.

I remember when Charlotte was so hated. Yeah, she was pushed and flopped as a face but that wasn't all on her. I'm happy the tide has turned for her a bit.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Sorry for the dumb question but is it literally two books in one? Or do they go back and forth between chapters?

If she ever has a book signing in New York, I'd love to go.

I remember when Charlotte was so hated. Yeah, she was pushed and flopped as a face but that wasn't all on her. I'm happy the tide has turned for her a bit.
It’s divided. The first part is Ric and the second part is Charlotte. No back and forth.

Shes came a long. That’s face was doomed from the start. Just glad they let her turn heel and save her character.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Imagine if they had let her stay Face the first time. What an incredible waste that would have been, she would have been ruined beyond repair.
It would have been the same as if they had kept Rock as Rocky Maivia. They were both being rejected at least partially due to nepotism and were both pushed immeditaly upon arrival. It just wasn’t going to work until they earned the crowd’s respect on merit. Which they both certainly did.

61 - 80 of 4562 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.