Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 4562 Posts

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
Actually, why COULDN'T we have done Naomi vs. Charlotte at SummerSlam. They actually had a groove going on in their TV match and now it doesn't get a PPV payoff? I have to actually think about that. I mean, even if you didn't want Charlotte to go over, you could have just done the cash-in there or something.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Obviously this isn't exactly big news that we don't already know
https://m.sportskeeda.com/wwe/from-the-wwe-rumour-mill-reason-why-charlotte-flair-is-being-kept-off-wwe-television-revealed
But it's quite sad that they really just don't know what to do with her. Well, fucktard Road Dogg doesn't. She's on too high of a level for him to figure out how she can work within his world where everyone is equal. Also looks like they got cold feet with the Ronda match. At this point I'm not even sure they will know what to do with her once the book tour is over.

·
F*ck off I'm drinking
5,659 Posts
This is just shit, she's easily the best woman on the roster (she's better than most of the men ffs) and they keep her off TV because they can't write a storyline for her?

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This is just shit, she's easily the best woman on the roster (she's better than most of the men ffs) and they keep her off TV because they can't write a storyline for her?

Speaking I felt which, if they aren't utilizing her in the title picture, they could easily use her in a mixed tag program.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I called this a long time ago. Well, not too long ago, lol. @IceTheRetroKid @Legit BOSS remember when we were discussing what Charlotte meant when she named her run to the title "a strive for five" and we predicted that there would be a parallel to Starrcade83 with Ric and Harley? This is awesome. We are getting Charlotte's title win at Starrcade....in a steel cage....at the same location as Ric's historic win.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
Cards are subject to change, I could see Carmella being champ by then. We don't know if it will air on the network anyway
Nattie's title reign seems like her final run. I could see Charlotte- Natalya go until Survivor Series (Screwjob) where Charlotte gets the honor of retiring her and turning tweener/heel again to start planting seeds for Charlotte-Becky.

Of course unless Totaal Divas says otherwise.

·
Banned
2,770 Posts
Nattie's title reign seems like her final run. I could see Charlotte- Natalya go until Survivor Series (Screwjob) where Charlotte gets the honor of retiring her and turning tweener/heel again to start planting seeds for Charlotte-Becky.

Of course unless Totaal Divas says otherwise.
I don't think Charlotte/Becky is happening anytime soon.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
I don't think Charlotte/Becky is happening anytime soon.
Yeah, I was kidding myself thinking Becky would ever get her moment.

I am excited to see Natalya-Charlotte. This feud alone will elevate the Smackdown Women's Championship above Raw's. Once it's on Charlotte, it's no brainer it will be miles above it since Nia or Alexa will be Raw Divas Champion. Charlotte gives the title legitmacy by virtue of her work

·
The EST of NXT
28,696 Posts
I called this a long time ago. Well, not too long ago, lol. @IceTheRetroKid @Legit BOSS remember when we were discussing what Charlotte meant when she named her run to the title "a strive for five" and we predicted that there would be a parallel to Starrcade83 with Ric and Harley? This is awesome. We are getting Charlotte's title win at Starrcade....in a steel cage....at the same location as Ric's historic win.
That's excellent for Flair fans and wrestling historians if they brought Starrcade back for that reason, but it's awful from a storytelling perspective to release the card two months in advance. It tells us that nothing we're watching matters and Carmella will either fail, or won't bother cashing in at all. They'd better step their shit up and build this feud properly if it is indeed Charlotte's crowning moment.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
That's excellent for Flair fans and wrestling historians if they brought Starrcade back for that reason, but it's awful from a storytelling perspective to release the card two months in advance. It tells us that nothing we're watching matters and Carmella will either fail, or won't bother cashing in at all. They'd better step their shit up and build this feud properly if it is indeed Charlotte's crowning moment.
More than likely, the arena spoiled the card (look at the typos). WWE wouldn't spoil it before HIAC.

Caramel has until June to cash-in. Give her time to improve and grow organically. Let Natalya and Charlotte bestow prestige to Women's Championship.

·
The EST of NXT
28,696 Posts
More than likely, the arena spoiled the card (look at the typos). WWE wouldn't spoil it before HIAC.

Caramel has until June to cash-in. Give her time to improve and grow organically. Let Natalya and Charlotte bestow prestige to Women's Championship.
Natalya won't bring any prestige to the title. She has no heat and no personality. Only Charlotte can make the belt relevant again since they don't care about Becky.

As for Starrcade, it is indeed looking like a glorified house show. Charlotte hasn't been used on TV in a month, yet she's shoehorned into the title picture under conveniently coincidental circumstances? Something isn't right, and WWE is incredibly stupid for leaking the card before a build has even begun.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
You know me and my nostalgia. It's not like I care about what's going on with Charlotte off screen anyways so what's going on with Carmella really doesn't matter to me. We were just talking about Charlotte vs Nattie in NXT recently. I'm hoping for a strong build too.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
Natalya won't bring any prestige to the title. She has no heat and no personality. Only Charlotte can make the belt relevant again since they don't care about Becky.

As for Starrcade, it is indeed looking like a glorified house show. Charlotte hasn't been used on TV in a month, yet she's shoehorned into the title picture under conveniently coincidental circumstances? Something isn't right, and WWE is incredibly stupid for leaking the card before a build has even begun.
Natalya+ Charlotte >>>>>>>Piggy Bliss/ Nia bringing down the Raw Divas Division. The Smackdown Women's Championship already feels more prestigious than Raw's. Spoilers: If Natalya is to lose to Charlotte at Starrcade, Natalya will have held the Smackdown Women's Championship longer than all four of Sasha's Raw title reigns.

The card was leaked, meaning WWE likely had no intention to reveal it.
I do feel WWE will just use WCW PPV names to boost attendance for house shows. They aren't reviving them to make them special - just a nostalgia booster for dwindling attendance.

·
The EST of NXT
28,696 Posts
You know me and my nostalgia. It's not like I care about what's going on with Charlotte off screen anyways so what's going on with Carmella really doesn't matter to me. We were just talking about Charlotte vs Nattie in NXT recently. I'm hoping for a strong build too.
I like Carmella's heel work and want her to save us from yet another dull title reign. We just came off a multi month Naomi reign that accomplished nothing, so TROLL DOGG :trolldog has got me fucked up if he thinks I'm going to sit here and watch nothing happen during a Natalya reign for the better part of two months.

·
The EST of NXT
28,696 Posts
If Natalya is to lose to Charlotte at Starrcade, Natalya will have held the Smackdown Women's Championship longer than all four of Sasha's Raw title reigns.
Naomi already did that, but guess what?

Length of a title reign doesn't dictate prestige. The RAW Women's Championship was more prestigious while being traded between Sasha and Charlotte than Smackdown's title has been all year. Quality>Quantity.

21 - 40 of 4562 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.