Wrestling Forum banner

Bound For Glory PPV Discussion Thread 10/24 - Will the World Class Maniac Be Stopped?

7K views 119 replies 29 participants last post by  Greatsthegreats 
#1 ·
Impact World Championship Match
Eric Young (c) vs. Rich Swann

Impact World Tag Team Championsip
4 Way Tag Team Title Match

Motor City Machine Guns (c) vs. Fulton & Ace vs. The Good Brothers vs. The North

Knockouts Title Match
Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs. Kylie Rae

X Division Title Match
6 Way Scramble Match for the X Division Title

Rohit Raju (c) vs. Chris Bey vs. Trey Migel vs. Jordynne Grace vs. Willie Mack vs. TJP

TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Undisclosed Location

Moose (c) vs. EC3

Ken Shamrock vs. Eddie Edwards

Call Your Shot Gauntlet
The unique Call Your Shot Gauntlet returns this year at Bound For Glory. Two competitors start the match. After a time interval, another will enter the fray. Eliminations occur by throwing your opponent over the top rope. This process will continue until there are only two competitors remaining. The final two will compete in a singles match to be won by pinfall or submission. Whoever scores the victory will earn a future title opportunity of their choosing. If last year’s Call Your Shot Gauntlet taught us anything, it’s that you never know who may show up for this high-stakes contest! Who will call their shot on the biggest show of the year?

See less See more
#9 ·
Yeah, I'm about 50/50 on ordering. I ordered Slammiversary and thought it was worth the money, Moose vs Dreamer was the only clunker and that was all on Dreamer, I want them to strap the rocket to Moose and give him the World strap after this thing with EC3.

This looks like a solid card and all the matches should deliver. I'm guessing Moose and EC3 will be a cinematic and not a real full on match but the story is good with them and I like my boy Moose and EC3 so will be happy with whoever wins that one.

I definitely want my boys Ace/Fulton to win the tag straps and I want Rohit to retain BUT I would also like Trey Miguel to win also as he is very underrated imo.

Swann is too scrawny to take seriously as a champ, sorry he just is although I like the character just fine. Hoping EY retains.

Don't really care who wins the KO match as I like both women.

Eddie/Shamrock might be interesting but hopefully Shamrock doesn't get exposed like he did in the tag match with North at Slammiversary.

#10 · (Edited)
Predictions time. Overall I think the card is quite average for their biggest show of the year, but it's the best they can do at the moment. It was always going to be impossible to live up to Slammiversary because that was the biggest PPV in the companys recent history. The best thing about the card is that it's the most unpredictable BFG ever, except for the gauntlet I can see a case for each competitor winning.

Impact World Championship
Eric Young (c) vs. Rich Swann - this is just a pure guess, it's 50/50. Whoever goes over, I think it'll be a last minute decision.

Impact Knockouts Championship
Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs. Kylie Rae - Since they signed Kylie I think they've been getting behind her long term, so new champ.

Impact World Tag Team Championship
The Motor City Machine Guns (c)
vs. The Good Brothers vs. Madman Fulton and Ace Austin vs. The North - MCMG to retain tonight, Good Brothers to dethrone them on the next episode of Impact Wrestling.

Impact X-Division Championship
Rohit Raju (c) vs. Chris Bey vs. Jordynne Grace vs. Trey vs. TJP vs. Willie Mack - No idea again. I don't think it'll be Jordynne Grace because they would have built her story up much more if she's winning a mens title. They've seemed high on Trey for a while now, I'll go with him.

"Call Your Shot" Gauntlet Match
Acey Romero vs. Alisha Edwards vs. Cody Deaner vs. Brian Myers vs. Havok vs. Heath vs. Hernandez vs. Larry D vs. Rhino vs. Taya Valkyrie vs. Tenille Dashwood vs. Tommy Dreamer vs. TBD - Alisha Edwards will become the new face of this company... haha I'll guess at what everyone else thinks and go with Heath, but I could also see a story-line developing where Rhyno & Heath don't get their contracts and try to figure out a way back into the company. Wondering what the surprise entrants will be like, hopefully not just the ECW alumni as per.

Moose vs. EC3 - I guess they will give EC3 the win and he'll be on his way. His future with the company is uncertain, I think he'll leave for a while and return at some point next year again.

Ken Shamrock with Sami Callihan vs. Eddie Edwards - would they really job Shamrock out on his HOF induction? They can't do that and they need to protect Eddie, i'll go for a DQ / Draw.

The Rascalz vs. The Deaners - The curtain jerker kings prevail once again.

#11 ·
guess kimber lee gets involved and deonna wins

and trey or rohit will win x division

would hope ec3 wins, he needs it more than moose. but idk.

honestly dont care about world title match lol.

#14 ·
I don't think its free unless I am not reading it right. They are just opening up Impact Plus for the weekend so people can watch any of their library, but you can't get tonight's BFG off of there.

The absolutely stacked BOUND FOR GLORY emanates from Nashville Saturday night at 8pm ET/5pm PT. Eric Young defends his World Title against the resurging Rich Swann, Deonna Purrazzo’s KNOCKOUT championship is one the line vs Kylie Rae, there’s an insane four-way for the Tag Team Titles and the X-Division belt is at stake in a frantic six-way scramble. In celebration of the biggest weekend on the IMPACT Wrestling calendar, IMPACT Plus has been unlocked – MADE FREE – so every fan can get ready for tomorrow’s huge event. Dive into the vast IMPACT Plus library and relive every previous BOUND FOR GLORY, all the moments, all the shock and all the championship glory. This weekend, every wrestling fan is BOUND FOR GLORY!

I'm on the fence about ordering tonight's PPV. $40 is not a lot, but I don't quite know if I am since there isn't one match that is total must see on this card.

I had read some rumors that EC3 vs. Moose may take place in ROH (previously taped), so that could spice things up for that feud. I really hope that EC3 isn't gone after this, but Moose should not take the loss here. They need to prep him for a World title run.

#17 ·
Impact World Championship
Like everyone else, this one is 50/50. Would hope to see EY win to be established as a heel (Losing at one of his first defense would not be good). But would not mind Swan winning...

Impact Knockouts Championship
Deonna is winning this one with some help, probably making Kylie Rae go to the dark side even more and she'll probably win at the next PPV.

Impact World Tag Team Championship
Good Brothers are winning here.

Impact X-Division Championship
Rohit Raju or Trey. Probably Rohit, he's been doing a great job as a heel, and would suck for it to end tonight.

"Call Your Shot" Gauntlet Match
  • Enzo as a surprise entrant
  • Scott Steiner as a surprise entrant
(Steiner was on the Good Brothers special, Enzo was teased for BFG).
Winner will be a TBD Entrant. I feel Rhyno or Heath will turn on the other.

Moose vs. EC3 - If EC3 is staying, EC3. If he's leaving, they need to give Moose a win here.

Ken Shamrock vs. Eddie Edwards
Ken wins with Sami's help.

The Rascalz vs. The Deaners
When was this announced? 😂

#19 · (Edited)
I'm in UK and I actually have Premier Sports so I'm gonna watch it live. I'm interested to see who shows up in the CYS Gauntlet, hope there is some good surprises.

#25 ·
LOL! Not sure what that guy that tweeted that surprise out was smoking. There was no surprise unless we missed something.

The X Division match was pretty good, was hoping Bey or Grace to win but Rohit retains.

Maybe the surprises come with the battle royal as they haven't announced everyone.

The biggest mistake that Impact has made during this pandemic is they should have talent outside the ring as part of the fans like what AEW does. It just helps get some noise in the arena.

Holy shit Daivari looks jacked.

#41 ·
BTW, I know how some of us were on the fence with this BFG. I still think the worst BFG ever was in 2014 when Dixie had no money and on the verge of the company was on life support where they had to have a joint card with W-1 that year in order for BFG to even happen.

#47 ·
I was hoping EC3 would be a main stay on Impact but then I heard he debuted for ROH.

#52 ·
I really wasn't expecting The North to win the tag titles back, I thought MCMG were gonna retain.

#65 ·
I think Impact just found out Kylie Rae has COVID 19

Kind of shitty that they would continue to promote the match since it was one of the top matches holding this card together. It goes along with the tweets about a huge surprise at the start of the show, I thought that Dixie took over the twitter account from that Anthem employee.

#67 ·
WOW! That was shocking........Su won the title. Guess @Chriss22 you were right that Kylie would have won. Does this setup Su vs. Kylie for the title?

Woohooooo The Knockouts tag team titles are coming back. Josh made an error saying they return in 2020 at Hard to Kill, LOL! Funny he corrected himself. I think at least Impact can do these titles some justice.

#69 ·
I'm honestly shocked, I thought Kylie Rae could have won tonight but then when Su Yung came out and challenged Deonna I was sure she would retain. I'm interested to see what happens next. It's cool to see the Knockouts Tag Team Championships are coming back.

#82 ·
I'm not going to harp too hard on their decision to put the title on Swann. I dont watch their show but he does seems like a transition champion at best. He can certainly go in the ring though so I don't doubt he'll put on some great matches with anyone on the roster.

#84 ·
That is the issue, since Brian Cage won the title it has been issue after issue. Cage got hurt bad, and he ended up not really defending the title due to the injury. Sami had the title, but 3 months later Tessa wins it from him which was fine but then Covid strikes and then she wouldn't do her part so her reign was a mess. "Homeless Bum" Eddie Edwards wins the vacated title in a 5 way match that made no sense with the competitors involved after Michael Elgin was supposed to win the title, but due to his storied past ended up getting himself dumped from the company. Then EY wins the title from Edwards and two months later.

It's like we've had this weird hot potato with the title and of course it has been almost like transitional champion after transitional champion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.