Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow I knew they were in trouble but tonight was awful, looked like a high school gym crowd for there wrestlemania

Anyone know the real number and how many were legit bought

·
Registered
376 Posts
Re: Bound for glory attendance

last year i think was 2,900. This year man it looks sad. Biggest ppv of the year and the hard camera side is very very empty. They really should have made every match a "half empty" arena match.

·
Registered
895 Posts

I still dont understand why TNA goes to cities with weak crowds, why cant they go to wrestling hotbeds in order to have more fans in attendance and better reactions?
Maybe WWE has the arenas locked in those areas, maybe they are just stubborn,

·
Locker Room Leader
12,165 Posts

Not more than 500. Sad really.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

I still dont understand why TNA goes to cities with weak crowds, why cant they go to wrestling hotbeds in order to have more fans in attendance and better reactions?
Maybe WWE has the arenas locked in those areas, maybe they are just stubborn,
They had like 4 fucking months to try and sell tickets. Don't come here with no weak ass excuse about what city it was in. This was also their biggest show of the year which is suppose to draw the hardcore fans.

I've seen anywhere from 2,500 to 3,000. Doesn't look like that from the pictures people posted.

Reactions: TubsOfFun

·
Registered
895 Posts

They had like 4 fucking months to try and sell tickets. Don't come here with no weak ass excuse about what city it was in. This was also their biggest show of the year which is suppose to draw the hardcore fans.

I've seen anywhere from 2,500 to 3,000. Doesn't look like that from the pictures people posted.
Without a competent advertising team, its complicated to sell.
They would do better in another city though.

·
The Man
25,722 Posts

Wow, i used to wonder why Slammiversary wasn't held at the Garden like most WWE events i have gone to but i understand now.

·
Registered
206 Posts

Not sure if anyone posted this pic yet, but this is beyond sad. This is Tna's biggest ppv of the year, it's their Wrestlemania and half the arena is empty. Imagine being a Tna star and coming out the curtain to that, it's their biggest ppv of the year and the attendance is the exact same as their impact tapings.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

wow, just wow

biggest show of the year and look at that pic, its high school indy gym numbers

how is this company still going?

·
There's only one of me
1,220 Posts

Not sure if anyone posted this pic yet, but this is beyond sad. This is Tna's biggest ppv of the year, it's their Wrestlemania and half the arena is empty. Imagine being a Tna star and coming out the curtain to that, it's their biggest ppv of the year and the attendance is the exact same as their impact tapings.

Wow...that's just difficult to process, being their biggest PPV. I think TNA is pretty bad, but not THAT bad.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts

The reason the crowd is down is because TNA isn't overly popular to begin with. Throw in a very medicore card with only a couple matches with proper build and who's going to pay good money to see it?

This show didn't feel special. Most of the fans who attended the show probably won't be back, ever.

·
Being What's Best For Business
2,271 Posts

I honestly don't care about TNA's crowds. Unless they go to a smark city or have a Post Mania like crowd, who cares? They put a good show on tonight, and it sucks for the people that weren't there that could have been.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts

Aww man, even RAW looks better than that. Very unfortunate.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts

Aww man, even RAW looks better than that. Very unfortunate.
RAW house shows that I've attended in the past look like they draw about triple what I'm seeing here, so it's not much of a stretch to say RAW televised events look better. If nothing else, this shows exactly how far TNA are still behind WWE. Wasn't it in 2010, when Hogan first signed, that they claimed they were going head to head with RAW on a Monday night? If that wasn't laughable then, it certainly is now.

It's not unfortunate, it's their own fault. The BFG tournament this year was a train-wreck. The main event features AJ Styles playing a poor mans CM Punk. If this is meant to be their magnum opus of the year then it's just a joke. How anyone can take this company seriously anymore is beyond me. I don't mind watching it when I haven't had my fix of wrestling for the week and nothing else is on, but other than that, no thanks.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts