Wrestling Forum banner

BOSSES ONLY: Mercedes Moné (Sasha Banks) Fan Thread

306K views 5K replies 151 participants last post by  sara sad 
#1 ·

You know what time it is ladies and gentlemen! Here, we discuss THE GOAT, THE BOSS, Sasha Banks :sashahi.

THE LIST of Accolades
  • NXT Women's Champion
  • 4x RAW Women's Champion
  • A vast collection of the greatest women's wrestling matches of all time

Post all things "Sasha" here like interviews, thoughts on her booking, dream matches, etc.

See less See more
#4,613 ·
Does tony now break the bank for mercedes? The way his attitude and behaviour is, I can only think he thinks he has to fight back.

We all know he is in a losing battle but my thinking is the winner in all this is mercedes if she wants to be.

WWE bringing her back or aew throwing everything they got at her is what happens in the next month in my opinion.

The difference between the 2 companies was shown at aew in London. There is no way an unsigned free agent appears on a WWE ppv like mercedes did. Tony should have never let her leave that show without her signing on the dotted line. I truly believe he has missed his opportunity, and that's why I say he is gonna break the bank to get her if he can

What a year 2023 has been in wrestling!!, so much happening

#4,614 ·
With Becky & Charlotte reuniting and Bayley probably being turned on soon, I won't lie, there is a part of me imagining all 3 of them reuniting in the future and then being like "remember when there used to be 4 of us?"

Don't see it happening and she'll probably being doing stuff for NJPW/Stardom and maybe AEW in 2024. And on that end I can't wait to see what she does (need that Giulia match). But after last night I guess anything is possible.

#4,615 ·
Does tony now break the bank for mercedes? The way his attitude and behaviour is, I can only think he thinks he has to fight back.
Don't see it happening and she'll probably being doing stuff for NJPW/Stardom and maybe AEW in 2024. And on that end I can't wait to see what she does (need that Giulia match). But after last night I guess anything is possible.
Mercedes has to have been pretty happy seeing how things played out last night the ball is completely in her corner right now she's the hottest free agent in the game.

WWE and AEW are constantly trying to one-up another in the free agent game and i gotta say so far WWE is winning by a landslide.

No disrespect to Ospreay but his signing has already been completely overshadowed by Punk there really is no comparison here.

Tony has to be shook and panicked right now, He needs to throw EVERYTHING her way she's completely worth it and i'm not even being biased it's just a fact.

#4,621 · (Edited)
Ariel being a giant piece of shit once again, So bitter about a interview they had that happened YEARS ago because she was in character and gave mostly kayfabe answers lmao. so glad that Cormier cooked his ass.

"Who cares what has she ever done?" How about Main eventing WrestleMania for one you freaking Bozo and also being objectively one of the best and most popular women WWE EVER had!?

#4,622 · (Edited)
Ariel being a giant piece of shit once again, So bitter about a interview they had that happened YEARS ago because she in character and gave mostly kayfabe answers lmao. so glad that Cormier cooked his ass.

"Who cares what has she ever done?" How about Main eventing WrestleMania for one you freaking Bozo and also being objectively one of the best and most popular women WWE EVER had!?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

#4,629 ·
Failed MMA "journalist" who knows nothing about Wrestling that got bitter that his interview with Sasha didn't go as he planned and is still obviously super butthurt about it.

He used to interview wrestlers after their matches but WWE doesn't give him the time of day anymore thankfully.

Oh and he's also a Becky fanboy apparently color me shocked, Most of her fans tend to hate Mercedes so this is par for the course.

#4,630 ·
This is certainly a twist.

Who would have thought the chance of her signing with AEW are lower then her chances of returning to WWE!? it seemed like a sure fire thing just a couple of months ago.

Tony blew it man you had the ball right In front of you and you still fumbled.

#4,632 ·
Mercedes going back to WWE, while it's certainly something I want to see happen, does potentially raise the issue of maybe having too much talent at the top. I mean WWE already has Rhea, Bianca, Becky, Charlotte, IYO, Bayley (who might be about to turn face in a big way), Jade eventually, and below them you have Asuka, Kairi, Liv, etc. They might even sign Giulia, though she'd probably go to NXT 1st.

Adding Sasha to that mix on one hand would be awesome but also potentially worrisome. And I'm not here to get into "stan wars" and say this person should be pushed over this person. I'm just saying, that would be a lot of egos to juggle.

#4,636 ·
I see ur point, Sasha may pout again ya think ??
Not necessarily what I meant. Moreso that from a booker's perspective, like HHH, it's a lot of egos to manage and keep happy at the same time.

The chances of her returning to NJPW are only 25%?

I find that hard to believe...

To that I will say that the perception of NJPW & women's wrestling and Stardom in general has changed recently. They're not even bothering with an IWGP Women's Title match at Wrestle Kingdom, even with 2 Women's Titles now. And Stardom's recent run with management, although it looks like it's improving now, doesn't look good from the outside looking in.

Point being, it may not look as appealing for someone like Mercedes like it did a year ago.

SRS hedging their bets. Mercedes would be a fool to go back given that she'd be allowed nowhere near the top
It's absolutely true that in WWE she'd be competing for a top role with Rhea, Bianca, Becky, Charlotte, etc. along with women like IYO, Bayley, etc.

But at the same time you have to examine the other options and the perception of them. In AEW she'd be the easy pick for the top star of the Division but you've been conditioned over and over again to feel like that Division doesn't matter. So would it be worth it being on top of it? NJPW has seemingly pulled back on how hard it wants to push Women's wrestling.

And given WWE's recent success and Stardom's recent failings, it doesn't really feel like the "cool thing" anymore to be the big fish in a smaller pond like it was even a year ago.

#4,638 ·
Any AEW plans for Mercedes are no longer in play so don't expect her to be All elite anytime soon.

Wow this has to be one of Tony's biggest fumbles yet... He had Mercedes at ALL IN and he couldn't secure a deal with her.

He lost out on not only what would have definitely been his biggest female star yet but one of the biggest stars in the whole company.

He should have thrown the whole bag at her but sucks to suck to him i guess.