Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts
Nah she's not. Wouldn't mind seeing her as a playable character in a DLC or something.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Thinking about picking this up after work, but my wife has zero interest and I'm worried it won't be as fun solo or it'll bore her which makes me have to play something else.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,487 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
really enjoying this game almost done with my first play through and i am currently level 45. i have a shit ton of legendaries without even farming that much

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts
I finally unlocked my relic slot!

·
Premium Member
17,159 Posts
Ok. I had nothing but complaints for the first few hours, but I read it took a bit to get into the flow. I waited and have a list of issues, along with praises:

Complaints:

1) Enemies are bullet sponges. The game has not been hard, for me, on normal, but I find every single battle takes about 15-30 minutes. Especially, the first city you go to. I prefer rifles and revolvers, but broke down using SMG with elemental damage. Even then, regular baddies took forever. I was having fun, but to a point. When every single battle takes 15+ minutes and I'm just trying to get somewhere for a mission, I end up having to drop loot because I killed 5,000 baddies before I even got to my mission. I think there's a serious balance issue and the result is I feel incredibly weak - damage wise. I've not been in danger of dying or getting overwhelmed, just dealing next to nothing in damage.

2) Driving has always been bad. But, after 10 years, it's still bad. Fix that shit. I just got to the swamp planet and in addition to slippery water, it's a terrible planet because you have to drive everywhere.

3) Backtracking. I've read a ton of complaints on this. Much of my 20+ hours have been spent walking or driving between markers. Some are literally walking back and forth between two people. Given how driving sucks, having to travel huge distances with extended gun fights makes doing anything in BL3 a huge time commitment.

Praises:

1) This is bit contradictory to my complaints, but I feel there are fewer missions with more content. The more content in a mission allows a more exclusive narrative, rather than 100 characters with little joke missions left & right. I really like this as I don't like having 10+ missions all pending if they're all tiny things. I like having 3 filled missions. It's a different sense of accomplishment I really like. Still, the complaints of fluff exist (long gun battles, backtracking)

2) I feel the specials have been beefed up, or at least I find more fun to play. I'm Moze and love her Iron Bear mech. I find a lot of customization for her weapons in the mech. I'll only add, the interface and descriptions of if the skill affects the mech or Moze herself should be more clear.

3) Bosses. For me, it feels like Gearbox went hard into bosses for BL3. Most of them are unique. I think there's a lot of bullshit they can do, but the game is very flexible in finding areas or tricks to avoid damage. While each boss may not be entirely different, each mission leading to a boss or who you fight them with is unique. I always feel a huge sense of accomplishment after each boss.

Complaints, questions, misunderstandings:

1) The loot I found was garbage, till a certain level. I'm level 23. Up till lvl 20, all the loot I had was super weak and garbage. I was using a revolver, level 11, up till 18 because it was the best weapon I found all game. SMGs are always exceptionally weak. I don't know what technical system is involved in determining loot, but as soon as I hit level 20 everything seemed to be good to great. not in terms of the ranked rarity, but in strength, fire rate, perks, etc. Now I'm getting loot sometimes a level above me, which I experienced in previous BL games. Did anyone else feel the loot was a letdown?

2) How do I get a gold key for the chest on Sanctuary?

a good 7/10 so far. I feel it's substantially increased since level 20.

·
Its Yer'sel
6,148 Posts

There are 5 or so codes you can redeem online that give you a key.

ZFKJ3-TT3BB-JTBJT-T3JJT-JWX9H
9XCBT-WBXFR-5TRWJ-JJJ33-TX53Z
ZRWBJ-ST6XR-CBFKT-JT3J3-FRXJ5
Z65B3-JCXX6-5JXW3-3B33J-9SWT6
ZFKJ3-TT6FF-KTFKT-T3JJT-JWX36
HXKBT-XJ6FR-WBRKJ-J3TTB-RSBHR

·
Premium Member
17,159 Posts
Bloody Harvest: the Heck Hole event is going on now, for Halloween.

Random baddies will create a 'Ghost' when killed. It's a flying skull that homes in on you, giving you Terror if not shot down first. As far as I can tell you're handling turns to complete garbage.

A dinosaur meets you on your ship and will send you to 'Heck' if you kill enough ghosts. Heck is like Halloween town. You fight through and fight a zombie Captain Traunt, "Captain Haunt". He's deals constant damage, and a lot. Killed me twice.

You at least get a cool skin. It's entirely free.

Edit: I also would love a log of every gun you've ever used.

·
Premium Member
17,159 Posts
I'm level 33, during the time with the Hammerlock's sister, the ice harpey. I beat the 2nd vault monster. Everything is only level 27, highest. Something isn't leveling up with me, but I don't want it fixed. I'm loving how powerful I feel.

I'm also 2/3 of the way through my fourth borderlands game only realizing now the handling and feel of weapons are dictated by brand. Torque shoots explosive rounds. Jakobs are speedy shots. And, so on. :lol :lol :lol. I feel dumb.

I just respec'd my points and went for the double weapon perk for the Gunner, Moze. I have two miniguns and destroy everything.

·
youtube/BareFootTuna
3,592 Posts
So I bought Borderlands 3 but haven't played it yet. I didn't look into the characters at all. What character would you say is the most "fun" to play as.

·
Premium Member
17,159 Posts
So I bought Borderlands 3 but haven't played it yet. I didn't look into the characters at all. What character would you say is the most "fun" to play as.
I have only played as Moze, the Gunner. She summons a big mech that you can fight in. It's a 7/10 for me. You have 3 weapon choices, each with pros and cons. You can then level up the 3 weapons choices, each one splitting into two different options (machine gun can either be gun or flamethrower; grenades can be grenades or rockets; railgun can be railgun or a fist). Only, you also get upgrades to whichever path you choose. The rocket upgrades are garbage, but the rockets themselves are good. I really don't like most of the upgrades, but just the base weapons. I tend to use the mech only when I'm near death. You become virtually invincible because the mech has so much health; you can upgrade it to stay behind for 15 seconds after your time runs out, even using the turret.

There's a guy who summons animals and I've heard on podcasts he's the most fun to play alone.

Then there's another guy and girl who do stuff. I don't know. If I were to replay I'd either be the animal guy or gunner, again - just double down on the turrets skills.

Reactions: Legendary Killer

·
youtube/BareFootTuna
3,592 Posts
Thanks for the info. In the previous games I played with the characters who summon AI robots. Mostly cause my friends picked the other characters and we didn't want duplicates. So I kind of don't want to do it again this time.

·
Premium Member
17,159 Posts
I beat BL3 and want to give my review. I have my previous quotes here to see what has changed since going through.
Ok. I had nothing but complaints for the first few hours, but I read it took a bit to get into the flow. I waited and have a list of issues, along with praises:

Complaints:

1) Enemies are bullet sponges. The game has not been hard, for me, on normal, but I find every single battle takes about 15-30 minutes. Especially, the first city you go to. I prefer rifles and revolvers, but broke down using SMG with elemental damage. Even then, regular baddies took forever. I was having fun, but to a point. When every single battle takes 15+ minutes and I'm just trying to get somewhere for a mission, I end up having to drop loot because I killed 5,000 baddies before I even got to my mission. I think there's a serious balance issue and the result is I feel incredibly weak - damage wise. I've not been in danger of dying or getting overwhelmed, just dealing next to nothing in damage.

2) Driving has always been bad. But, after 10 years, it's still bad. Fix that shit. I just got to the swamp planet and in addition to slippery water, it's a terrible planet because you have to drive everywhere.

3) Backtracking. I've read a ton of complaints on this. Much of my 20+ hours have been spent walking or driving between markers. Some are literally walking back and forth between two people. Given how driving sucks, having to travel huge distances with extended gun fights makes doing anything in BL3 a huge time commitment.

Praises:

1) This is bit contradictory to my complaints, but I feel there are fewer missions with more content. The more content in a mission allows a more exclusive narrative, rather than 100 characters with little joke missions left & right. I really like this as I don't like having 10+ missions all pending if they're all tiny things. I like having 3 filled missions. It's a different sense of accomplishment I really like. Still, the complaints of fluff exist (long gun battles, backtracking)

2) I feel the specials have been beefed up, or at least I find more fun to play. I'm Moze and love her Iron Bear mech. I find a lot of customization for her weapons in the mech. I'll only add, the interface and descriptions of if the skill affects the mech or Moze herself should be more clear.

3) Bosses. For me, it feels like Gearbox went hard into bosses for BL3. Most of them are unique. I think there's a lot of bullshit they can do, but the game is very flexible in finding areas or tricks to avoid damage. While each boss may not be entirely different, each mission leading to a boss or who you fight them with is unique. I always feel a huge sense of accomplishment after each boss.

Complaints, questions, misunderstandings:

1) The loot I found was garbage, till a certain level. I'm level 23. Up till lvl 20, all the loot I had was super weak and garbage. I was using a revolver, level 11, up till 18 because it was the best weapon I found all game. SMGs are always exceptionally weak. I don't know what technical system is involved in determining loot, but as soon as I hit level 20 everything seemed to be good to great. not in terms of the ranked rarity, but in strength, fire rate, perks, etc. Now I'm getting loot sometimes a level above me, which I experienced in previous BL games. Did anyone else feel the loot was a letdown?

I'm level 33, during the time with the Hammerlock's sister, the ice harpey. I beat the 2nd vault monster. Everything is only level 27, highest. Something isn't leveling up with me, but I don't want it fixed. I'm loving how powerful I feel.

I'm also 2/3 of the way through my fourth borderlands game only realizing now the handling and feel of weapons are dictated by brand. Torque shoots explosive rounds. Jakobs are speedy shots. And, so on. :lol :lol :lol. I feel dumb.

I just respec'd my points and went for the double weapon perk for the Gunner, Moze. I have two miniguns and destroy everything.

Complaints:

1) Health/leveling needs patched. I was incredibly weak (damage wise), under-leveled for most of the game, taking forever to kill basic enemies. It wasn't an extra challenge, but the "bullet sponge" effect was overkill in this game. I turned it to easy, then tried hard after the game, and felt exactly the same. It was no harder, enemies just took forever to kill. I barely died aside from falling off cliffs. The 35+ hours it took were probably more like 20+ with 15 hours of just shooting enemies. This was a huge issue to me that greatly hurt the game, never allowing me to feel powerful till the last 1/5 or so.

The last 1/5, I stated previously, I jumped up some levels and everything was under-powered. I was blasting through. Some main mission baddies did level up with me, but everything felt even and I did feel strong. However, the bosses didn't level with me and I destroyed the lvl 35 Tyreen while at lvl 42. The leveling and health need reviewed because it hurt the full experience for me.

2) Backtracking missions, extended walking. Talk about fluff. If 15 of the 35 hours I put into this game was just spent shooting tanks, the remaining 20 hours included 15 hours of walking. There were late game mission that had you walk back and forth between 2 objectives. I hated getting to a point and realizing, nope, whole other map you have to explore. The feeling of completion was Never there. Driving is bad.

Praises:

1) Later game guns get good. Later game missions get better. Everything later game is better. The game gets better as you get into it, but it's SO rough for the first 2 planets. I don't know if this is a praise or not. It's kind of even.

2) Bosses were great. Almost all unique. I remember most of them really well. Traunt was a bit funny towards the end considering you fight him 3 times, 4 if you include the Halloween special. I would have liked Tyreen best if the game had proper leveling and I didn't beat her in 2 minutes.

3) Different classes were well done. I only played as Moze, gunner, then started a new one as the Siren (stopped after an hour). Almost a bragging complaint, each class had so much customization. I played most of my game with Moze's grenades and rocket launchers. Then I respec'd and did dual gattling guns which I preferred. But, I loved them both and loved how easy it was to respec (very cheap to try).

I would rate the game 3/5. The guns were the most boring part which shouldn't have been the case. The characters all had my interest, but their given missions were all just walking for hours. I shouldn't have to invest 10+ hours for a game to get better. A shorter and better leveled game would have made this an easy 4/5. I can't recommend it over BL2, or over most other games out this year.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts