Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The biggest mistake TNA has made in the past year is letting go of Penzer and replacing him with Borash.

TNA was most likely cost cutting by adding Borash to announcing but he just doesn't have it. He is single handedly ruining the entrances in TNA, his voice is dull and has zero excitement.

What do you guys think of Borash as an announcer?

Reactions: Boom Baby

·
Premium Member
8,582 Posts
As far as announcing matches in the ring or ringside, Penzer > Borash.

The key is to keep Borash in the mix doing backstage interviews, and to drop Hemme completely.
Penzer becomes Finkel again, Borash becomes Mean Gene again, Hemme is fired and cost cutting remains intact.

·
Registered
746 Posts
As far as announcing matches in the ring or ringside, Penzer > Borash.

The key is to keep Borash in the mix doing backstage interviews, and to drop Hemme completely.
Penzer becomes Finkel again, Borash becomes Mean Gene again, Hemme is fired and cost cutting remains intact.
+1

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
And now, it's your main event of the evening live from Universal Studios, Orlando - Florida, time for your main event of the evening. Evening... Main event... Of the evening...

But still, JB > Penzer

·
Banned
216 Posts
OMI JB's way way better at announcing the main event matches than penzer was, although penzer was a good all rounder... JB gives the main event the dramaticisim needed of a main event!

and as was stated before, he is a freeking legend, he is the mean gene of TNA!

·
Registered
978 Posts
I personally can't stand pervert Borash in any capacity in TNA. He looks and sounds like a weasel pervert (and not in the Bobby Heenan or Jerry Lawler kind of way).

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I've hated Borash since I started watching TNA. First of all, he's a horrible ring announcer. He simply does not have the voice, the lung capacity, or the performance ability to properly announce the wrestlers. Few have those kind of abilities, and he isn't one of them.

He's also horrible as a backstage announcer. He reacts to what the wrestlers are saying way too much, trying to make the promo more about him than an interview should be, hamming it up for no apparent reason, and talking back to the wrestlers more than an interviewer should. I remember when for some reason he had a relationship with the Angles and he would always refer to it during their interviews. Yes, Jeremy, Kurt Angle is about to fight Sting, but let's focus on how close Angle is to YOU.

He just reeks of someone on the booking comittee doing two jobs at once...poorly.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts