Wrestling Forum banner

Booking of titles is ATROCIOUS

1830 Views 29 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  im back babes
Jack Swagger-Why was he champ so fast? His character became worse after the win, and now hes back down the card, he barely even did mid card work, the money in the bank used 3 times in one year is a joke.

Dolph Ziggler-Your going to make this guy a former world champ? Really? Why did you have to count that, ridiculous.

Edge-His 11th time, stop considering titles wins, because if you win the title back DURING A REMATCH, it makes it even better that YOU LOST it in the first place! What happened to quality of reign>quantity. OOH im an 11 time champ, and soon to be 11 time loser of title.

Miz-First he decides to win the tag title, then he decides to lose it, that makes sense? Slater and Gabriel are THREE TIME tag champs.

Cena-How is he already 9 time champ? He hasen't won in like what, 9 months, but soon enough he will win more. 3 of his title reigns combine for like 2 years, the other 6 are products of the rematch clause.
Reactions: SPCDRI
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
568 Posts
Yeah, the title booking has been ridiculous lately. Recognizing Ziggler as champion for a match where he got speared when Vickie had the spear banned is really stupid, and having him immediately lose it back is even stupider if they're going to recognize it. And I have no idea why Slater and Gabriel have had three reigns. They may as well be in their first reign still since Santino and Kozlov did nothing with the titles(like most tag champs now) and obviously having them lose the titles and win them back tonight was dumb.

· Zombo
12,624 Posts
Jack Swagger-Why was he champ so fast? His character became worse after the win, and now hes back down the card, he barely even did mid card work, the money in the bank used 3 times in one year is a joke.

Dolph Ziggler-Your going to make this guy a former world champ? Really? Why did you have to count that, ridiculous.

Edge-His 11th time, stop considering titles wins, because if you win the title back DURING A REMATCH, it makes it even better that YOU LOST it in the first place! What happened to quality of reign>quantity. OOH im an 11 time champ, and soon to be 11 time loser of title.

Miz-First he decides to win the tag title, then he decides to lose it, that makes sense? Slater and Gabriel are THREE TIME tag champs.

Cena-How is he already 9 time champ? He hasen't won in like what, 9 months, but soon enough he will win more. 3 of his title reigns combine for like 2 years, the other 6 are products of the rematch clause.
I kinda read your post initially, thinking yeah yeah more complaints about booking. Fair points and whatever. Then the sentence I put in bold there hit me like a ton of bricks. What the hell? The Rock has been around longer since his comeback than these guys have been on a WWE roster, and they're three time champs? That is a joke.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Indeed it is. There's no argument against it, this absolutely is the case and they really need to get back on track and book properly.

Let's not forget as well that the US title has been defended maybe.....5 times in the last year. And that's not meant as an exageration, that's a legitimate guess, because I truly don't remember more than about 3 title defenses.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
That's what happens when you hire Nickolodeon writers to "book" shows.
Yeah, but Icarly is awesome. By the way, Icarly's "Istart a fanware" beat Smackdown in the past.

It's the bookers, they just suck.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
Yeah, the only title that is still legitimate is the WWE title which looks like a toy. .
You mean the one that the announcer that is older than Ric Flair was fighting for last night?

· Registered
163 Posts
I guess this is how their choosing to book their stars. Slap a few belts on them out of the blue, rematch clauses, etc.. just to "attempt" to build credibility. They don't have enough talent in the new generation that have incredible title histories so it seems their stuck tossing on merits so their wrestlers look larger than life.

· Old School
5,131 Posts
Yeah, but he didn't win it. The only title that has any respect left is the WWE title, the WHC is treated like crap for the most part.
Recently, but not in the last year. Jericho, Swagger, Rey, Kane, then Edge. Then of course the mess it's been through recently, but only 5 reigns in one year plus they were all different guys with the belt. Jericho, Kane, and Edge's reigns were all good.

· Registered
5,361 Posts
Titles are booked absolutely terrible nowadays but what bugs me is that they don't really mean anything at this point. Remember when holding the Intercontinental title was a big deal and usually meant that the person with the belt was taking the next step in their career? Now it gets stuck on Kofi just because somebody has to hold it. Same thing with the tag belts. Hot-shotted 3 times in 24 hours? Give me a break. That's spitting in the face of every great tag team that's ever done business with the WWE.

· Registered
163 Posts
Might as well just combine the Tag belts, call it the 'Ratings Championship' and give it to Mark Henry for the next 15 years

· Registered
267 Posts
I think the main problem today is that titles are used to validate wrestlers. Back in even the attitude era guys worked their way into being the way top guys and then were thrown into the belt run when they were over. Now they just use the belts to try and get people over. Sometimes it works when you give super pushes like Brock Lesnar being the super power he was. But the WWE hasn't remembered that you don't need a belt to get young guys over. You just need them to have good mic skills and work like mad. A great example was just last night. del rio was supposed to get heat beating up kingston. Well he didn't really get heat at all by 1/2 attacking him outside the ring. You want heat? del rio takes him into the ring puts his arm in a chair and proceeded to do leg drops on it until the cows come home. You need the crowd to KNOW that it's an over the top evil heel act. You can't just put him in a belt match and have him sorta be a heel and expect him to get heat. The WWE needs to stop using the belts to help prop up unproven guys that can drop into the black hole o jobbers in less than 6 months and put the belts on guys who are already getting over and will be top draws whether they are near a belt or not.

· Banned
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I forgot to mention the U.S. and intercontinental titles, those are a joke! They have no fued, I remember when jericho, ziggler, rey, and morrison were doing the division on smackdown and it was very credibile, then drew put it in the trash, the intercontinental and us titles are undesirables, its pretty sad that people like del rio are going straight to the main event of the year without giving these a shot.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Renegade™;9378383 said:
That's what happens when you hire Nickolodeon writers to "book" shows.
Avatar: The Last Airbender (the animated television series not the crap movie) was made by Nickolodeon and it's great series with good storylines :no:

WWE sucks because it's a "natural monopoly" company not keen to change.

- No competition doesn't force them to innovate, so they tend to use "old recipes" to keep fans.
- They are also so afraid to lose fans that they don't dare to change anything. They don't want to do fatal mistakes.

It's simply what happens when a huge company "too big to fall" hasn't any credible opponents and acts as a monopoly. Look at economics and you will find many examples of innovation blocked by monopolistic position.

You have also to accept that Tag Teams, Intercontinental and US titles aren't currently as profitable as single wrestlers or heavyweight title for them, so WWE won't push them and won't innovate.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.