Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never understood why they inserted Alberto Del Rio into the Cena/Punk storyline in 2011. Did Stone Cold Steve Austin call in a favor to kill Punk's momentum or something?

·
Registered
915 Posts
HHH to beat Punk at NOC 2011. Still pisses me off to this day.
Lesnar jobbing to Cena at ER 2012. Why????
HHH over Lesnar at Wrestlemania 29. Lesnar losing again. They should be making him look unstoppable so that when he does lose it's a big fucking deal.
Daniel Bryan's booking after Summerslam 2013 was a shambles.
Orton over Christian in 2001 for the WHC. What the hell was the point in that??

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
HHH over Lesnar at Wrestlemania 29. Lesnar losing again. They should be making him look unstoppable so that when he does lose it's a big fucking deal.
All of the above, and Roman's booking. Why push him so hard when he wasn't over? Same goes to Rollins.

I don't believe this horse sh** that Roman was selling merch during that period either.

Triple HGH going over Sting at WM was hot garbage and him winning WM 2000 didn't make any sense either.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
All of these have explanations:

* Triple H beat Punk at NOC because it's Triple H and he's got to go over the hottest thing in wrestling to validate himself as a giant star. Punk had called him a "doofus" and The Rock had just come back and reminded him of how big he'd gotten in Hollywood. It was an ego thing.

* Brock Lesnar jobbed to Cena at ER because he had just came back and Vince wanted to make sure his guy went over the UFC guy.

* Triple H beat Brock at WrestleMania because the babyface has to go over at WrestleMania, unless the heel is Triple H.

* Daniel Bryan was not supposed to get over.

* Orton is the prototypical WWE star and Christian is a carpenter.

I'm not defending any of them, but they all make sense according to how that company operates.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wyatt not beating cena at wrestlemania 30. That's always been a head scratcher for me. Wyatt was over people were interested in the character it was new it was fresh and I just felt him beating cena would of really gave him some big momentum. But I guess it was a super cena moment again

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,279 Posts
I never understood why they inserted Alberto Del Rio into the Cena/Punk storyline in 2011. Did Stone Cold Steve Austin call in a favor to kill Punk's momentum or something?
My opinion on this is that they weren't expecting Punk to blow up so fast at the start of the Summer of Punk storyline so when they had ADR win the Money in the Bank they were probably thinking long term wise that ADR would probably cash in later on. When Punk got big that changed things a little because they were obviously going to give him a long title reign. ADR needed to use up his cash in because it would have been a waste.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Hornswoggle being VKM bastard son. VKM has genetic grapefruits. No way his children end up like that.

Funny story about that, Hornswoggle was the backup option for this storyline. Mr. Kennedy was meant to be the Son, and the name Kennedy was chosen because that is Vince's middle name. Although, I didn't entirely agree with how it played out being Hornswoggle, it was kind of funny, and somewhat understandable knowing it was the backup option.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
* Brock Lesnar jobbed to Cena at ER because he had just came back and Vince wanted to make sure his guy went over the UFC guy.
Brock jobbed to cena because there was no way that wwe was going to have Cena lose two huge feuds in a row.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
They should be making him look unstoppable so that when he does lose it's a big fucking deal.
They did just that later on and (one of) it's biggest reason why WWE sucks so bad these days. This overrated pos buried everyone left and right. This dude single handedly buried half of entrants in RR match alone.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Funny story about that, Hornswoggle was the backup option for this storyline. Mr. Kennedy was meant to be the Son, and the name Kennedy was chosen because that is Vince's middle name. Although, I didn't entirely agree with how it played out being Hornswoggle, it was kind of funny, and somewhat understandable knowing it was the backup option.
I remember that . It would have made for a great story as hhh was still a top guy and very over so it would have been fun seing him feud with Kennedy over who runs wwe.

Too bad Kennedy was so injury prone and ha d shit attitude backstage

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Cenas booking after Mania 28. Beating Brock and then being in a feud with Laurinitus which he won. That whole year should have been about Cena having seemingly lost it building up to him winning EC match to earn his rematch with Rock.

The build to Mania 29 is then Cena coming off a career worst year attempting to beat the guy who started it all and taking the belt in the process.

HHH over Punk at NOC also made no sense whatsoever (although having Punk come back so soon after Mitb was the bigger mistake that year)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.