Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course Booker T has had a Hall of Fame career that he deserves the 2x induction. For that he should also be worthy of a WWE Network documentary and greatest matches compilation on the network. And if this were a few years earlier I'd say he'd be worthy of a DVD set. So what I'm curious to what are Booker T's greatest matches are throughout his whole career that would be worthy of inclusion in a greatest matches compilation.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Is it odd that even though I'd consider Booker a legend, someone I loved watching, yet I can't name a classic match of his. All my fondest memories of him are on the mic, or in backstage segments. He was definitely consistently good in the ring, but it's hard to pick out some that really stood out.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
MITB at Wrestlemania 23. It was a freaking all star match with CM Punk, Edge, both Hardys, Orton plus Mr Kennedy and Finlay. While Booker didn't win the match, his Book End off the ladder to Orton was epic.

I want to say he had some good moments in a feud with Batista and with Kurt Angle. I want to watch that 5 way match he was involved with back in 2007 at Night of Champions. Cena was defending vs Foley, Lashley, Orton, and Booker.

Still I always think of Booker as half of Harlem Heat first and foremost. Their wars vs the Steiners were outstanding.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I loved WWE Booker at times but he wasn't really a great match guy. Very little stands out in ring wise. Let's see...

Singles: Actually thought at the time that the infamous HHH match at WM 19 was Book's best singles match in the company and I don't think anything ever surpassed it.

Tags: w/ Goldust vs. Jericho & Christian on Raw. This is probably the winner unless you want to count multi-mans or the awesome Grocery Store Brawl with Austin (which technically wasn't an official match).

Actually, the real winner probably comes from WCW, but post-96 WCW is one of my biggest blind spots.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Yeah the best of 7s with Benoit were great. The match against HHH, whilst not a classic, was a great performance by him.

Just on him as a performer, he's one of my favourites who really doesn't get the credit he deserves. He completely carried Harlem Heat their whole career; was a big man with incredible spin kicks etc and flying a smaller guy would normally do; really found his personality and attitude once getting to the WWF and really became a guy that could make any angle work for him.

He's just always been in the position of the 2nd or 3rd tier where great matches don't really get remembered by those level guys.

·
it's a tarp!
5,954 Posts
The best match I've seen Booker T in was the last Smackdown of the year in 2004.

It was a tag match of Booker/Eddie vs Rey/RVD, and the reason I can remember it was it was the only time Booker had a good match and I was stunned.

Looking back it might just have been who he was in the ring with.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,190 Posts
I'm probably leaving out plenty but this is the best I can think of right now:

Harlem Heat vs The Nasty Boys - Uncensored 95
Harlem Heat vs The Nasty Boys - Fall Brawl 96
vs Rick Martel - Souled Out 98
vs Eddie Guerrero - Uncensored 98
vs Chris Benoit -Thunder 4/6/98
vs Chris Benoit - Great American Bash 98
vs Bret Hart - Bash at the Beach 98
vs Chris Benoit - Spring Stampede 98
vs Jeff Jarrett - Bash at the Beach 00
vs Kurt Angle - Smackdown 24/7/01
vs The Rock - Summerslam 01
& Shane McMahon vs The Rock - Unforgiven 01
& Steve Austin, Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam & Shane McMahon vs The Rock, Chris Jericho, Undertaker, Kane & Big Show - Survivor Series 01
& Goldust vs Chris Jericho & Christian - No Mercy 02
& Goldust vs Chris Jericho & Christian vs Dudley Boyz vs Lance Storm & William Regal - Armageddon 02
& Goldust vs Chris Jericho & Christian - Raw 23/12/02
vs Christian - Raw 7/7/03
& Eddie Guerrero vs Rob Van Dam & Rey Mysterio 30/12/04
vs Kurt Angle - Judgement Day 05
vs Chris Benoit - Survivor Series 05
vs Rey Mysterio - Great American Bash 06
vs Batista vs Bobby Lashley vs Finlay - No Mercy 06

Reactions: OAP1985
1 - 13 of 13 Posts