Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
we just need Tommy Dreamer to pile drive ecw francine again well her top falls off and exposes the goods

·
Registered
299 Posts
I saw the match it was believable Tessa is a beast. All the wrasslin websites said it was a good very believable match. Antonio Anoki beat Andre the giant in a real fight so it’s fighting ability over size.

Are you telling me that people here like Chris jeri.neck.beard could beat Teressa in a real fight?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Booker was a weak champ he lost to Boogeyman in 1 move. And the neckbeards here tell me Boogeyman is the worst wrestler ever and anybody on the Male roster would kick the crack out of him in a real fight. As he’s an old man who can’t wrestle.

·
Intoner
6,491 Posts
I'm not sure what people who keep bringing up believability are even doing here.

You have Bray Wyatt who is a monster that can teleport and magicly change lights for his match.

You have Daniel Bryan fighting Lesnar on equal. Than losing to Kofi. Than Kofi being champion for 6 month and than losing to Lesnar in a squash.

You have Rusev and Lana cuckold story.

You have Cody Rhodes booking himself as if he were a good wrestler.

You have Braun Strowman being a geek and not beating everyone with ease.

And it's just a tip of current product. There is a rabbit hole if I'm gonna turn to the past years. Starting with magical beasts like Undertaker and finishing with Austin Aries or CM Punk or Rey Mysterio or Eddie Guerrero as your world champs despite being barely bigger than Tessa.

Ronda Rousey beat like 20 security GUYS in WWE ring. But please keep coming.

And I bet most of those people did not even watch Sami vs. Tessa. Cause that match was damn good.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
No matter how popular a woman is having her as your World champion makes your promotion look like a joke, even if it is IMPACT. There's nowhere to go but down from here for Tessa. Just like it was for Chyna once she was placed back into the women's division.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I would say it's dumb, but it's no less dumb than Mysterio beating the Big Show and yet people are okay with that. Double standards.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,262 Posts
I would say it's dumb, but it's no less dumb than Mysterio beating the Big Show and yet people are okay with that. Double standards.
It's all about how you sell the story, right? I can buy midget Mysterio using his huge speed, agility, stamina and endurance advantages to run circles around the slow, lumbering, easily gassed Big Show until he tires out and can be hit with Rey's big shots. It's not a hard story to get over.

But when the average woman doesn't have any physical advantages over the average male, then how do you sell her winning? I could buy Asuka beating Ricochet with no physical advantages just through sheer wrestling talent but it would be a lot harder to sell her beating the world class amateur wrestler Chad Gable.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
It's all about how you sell the story, right? I can buy midget Mysterio using his huge speed, agility, stamina and endurance advantages to run circles around the slow, lumbering, easily gassed Big Show until he tires out and can be hit with Rey's big shots. It's not a hard story to get over.

But when the average woman doesn't have any physical advantages over the average male, then how do you sell her winning? I could buy Asuka beating Ricochet with no physical advantages just through sheer wrestling talent but it would be a lot harder to sell her beating the world class amateur wrestler Chad Gable.
Well, the average person isn't going to have your educated view on this. In the case of Mysterio and Show, they'll believe that there's no realistic way that this little guy can beat the giant, which to me isn't far off the thinking that the woman can't beat the man. At least to the average viewer. So the average person's outrage over one doesn't really add up or make sense if they're not doing the same for the other.

·
Future Hall of Famer
2,277 Posts
Rey Mysterio is a man while Tessa Blanchard is a woman. Do you think Tessa Blanchard would kick Rey's ass in a real fight? Women and men are not equal and that is a scientifical fact. The average healthy man is always stronger than the average healthy woman. This is what you call genetics. This is also the reason why a man will never be able to give birth to a child. What is even more hilarious is that Impact let Tessa pin Brian Cage clean to get her title shot to begin with lmao

Or does anybody here seriously think that making all professional sports like basketball, football, martial arts etc. be intergender contests, would be great?

·
Intoner
6,491 Posts
And yet Axis TV removed NJPW in order to air this stuff exclusively
according to the internet, Anthem told NJPW to partner with Impact if they want to stay on ASX. NJPW refused.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
And yet Axis TV removed NJPW in order to air this stuff exclusively
Let's think about this.

Pretend you're Anthem, a multibillion dollar global media company. You primarily own Fight Network and Impact Wrestling.

You then buy AXS television.

AXS Television is, at this time, paying to produce NJPW's international television show.

NJPW refuses to work with Impact.

So why would Anthem continue to pay to produce a competitor's television show, when said competitor will not work with the promotion they own?

Women of Wrestling didn't get axed by Anthem when they bought AXS. Probably because they pay their own production costs. And ROH airs on Fight Network worldwide, but again, they pay their own production costs.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Rey Mysterio is a man while Tessa Blanchard is a woman. Do you think Tessa Blanchard would kick Rey's ass in a real fight? Women and men are not equal and that is a scientifical fact. The average healthy man is always stronger than the average healthy woman. This is what you call genetics. This is also the reason why a man will never be able to give birth to a child. What is even more hilarious is that Impact let Tessa pin Brian Cage clean to get her title shot to begin with lmao

Or does anybody here seriously think that making all professional sports like basketball, football, martial arts etc. be intergender contests, would be great?
I dont think most of these people have heard of testoterone.

Its really weird. Like deluding themselves into not noticing any differences between men and women.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

Okay and a small guy like Mysterio should never be able to beat the Big Show either. And it's not like we're talking about a skilled fighter fighting a fat slop off the street, Big Show is a wrestler as well. There's a reason weight classes exist in combat sports, because no one thinks a 150 lb dude is going to beat a 300+ pounder.

And ffs wrestling is entertainment and not a sport. No one looks at it as a sport from the outside in 2020. You're living in outdated times.

·
The EST of NXT
28,395 Posts

I don't know if they hate her because of the racist remarks or because she won the title, but that was painful to watch.

If speed is all you need for legitimacy, you do realize Bianca is qualified to be WWE Champ right now, right? She's a track goddess from UT Knox.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Not shocking that Booker feels this way.

Listen it comes down to one thing, and if you dont believe that a woman can believably and capably compete with men then that's up to you but clearly Tessa can.
You understand wrestling is fake, yes? Tessa can compete with men because she is booked to be portrayed that way. In an actual environment, she would get dropped fast and then laughed out of the building.

The bottom 1% of males in any professional sport can still run circles around the top 1% of females in that same sport and it’s been proven time and time again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 64 Posts