Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s what Booker had to say:

“Mainly the reason I wasn’t happy was because I wasn’t wrestling and wasn’t performing. I was there for two years and probably had three real matches. When I first came to TNA, my thing was I wanted to help them grow, I wanted to be out there in the middle of the ring performing with Sting, Jarrett, Steiner, Hall, Angle, A.J. Samoa, all of them, and I didn’t get to do that in that two-year period and show them what Booker T was really made of. And I didn’t get to do that because of the writing in TNA. I always felt that’s where TNA was lacking a little bit. I won’t say a little bit. A lot more tan WWE. As far as business goes, WWE has a staff. They have several people putting together a show and when y you have one person trying to put together a two hour show, it’s very hard.” He also said, “I felt they took a huge step back when they got rid of the six-sided ring after investing seven years in it and making people believe they were a different company, and went back to being the same as everyone else. That was your signature, your staple and there were a lot of complaints from people saying they couldn’t work in it properly. I know exactly what the problem was because I worked in it. It was just too small. They should have made it two feet bigger on each side and it would have been perfectly fine for Hogan to get in and work as opposed to changing the look of TNA to make it look like WCW. WCW is dead. It will never come back. It should be that way because life is evolution. We go forward, not backward.”

Credit: F4Wonline.com

·
7 years, 18 movies later ....
3,323 Posts
I agree with what he says about the six sided ring as that did make them unique to everyone else.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I agree with him. Every move forward that TNA makes, then they decide to take a step or two back.

I miss Booker...have always been a fan.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I agree with him on most parts, but has he realy had that few matches? I thought he had a good amount of matches imo, but suffered a bit in the whole MEM storyline.

·
Registered
11,509 Posts
Booker went from being an uppercard guy in the WWF(got release for Steroids), sign with TNA and becomes a lackey in MEM. He didn't get the same type of push as RVD or even Jeff Hardy.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
WCW was successful, it was killed by the suits at TBS.
It HAD made a series of mistakes, lost viewers, and lost a lot of its stars by the time it met its demise. But it was still getting decent ratings enough to have continued on. But TBS decided wrestling was no longer in line with their image, and they cancelled it.

I never liked the six sided ring, by the way.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WCW was successful, it was killed by the suits at TBS.
It HAD made a series of mistakes, lost viewers, and lost a lot of its stars by the time it met its demise. But it was still getting decent ratings enough to have continued on. But TBS decided wrestling was no longer in line with their image, and they cancelled it.

I never liked the six sided ring, by the way.
But it was bleeding away millions of dollars by the month, at the end of the day wrestling is a business and if your not making money your doomed.

·
Registered
932 Posts
hmm interesting. I do agree with.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Nothing new, nothing wrong. Everyone outlines the same problem, TNA still too stubborn to change anything, though I never thought the 6-sided ring was a big deal.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I hated the six sided ring, but thats not really TNA biggest issue. They have no consistency or long term visioning. The have no promotion and rely to much on their fans to do it for them. Every time they get something good going they end up scrapping it and then going right back to the same formula months later. There are just too many co-pilots driving the ship in different directions.

·
Registered
784 Posts
A bit rambley (no offense, Booker) but I agree with the gist of what he said...mainly about the six-sided ring. But that's a dead topic now I guess.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I think that Booker's right in that we never saw PPV matches of him Vs Angle/Sting/Steiner or any of the guys like that. I think they could've been good. As for the six sided ring, it was just a gimmick. And it was a poor attempt from TNA to distinguish themselves from WWE. TNA shouldn't rely on the number of sides their ring has to distinguish themselves, they should be relying on better match quality, more adult-oriented storylines and more interesting characters.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts