Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
9,865 Posts
Wrestling should have an element of legitimate competition to it. You’re trying to get over and deliver the most captivating moments you can in the time you’re given for what it’s supposed to be. You’re supposed to be the best option in that slot. If you’re not, that’s not anyone else’s fault.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,413 Posts
I blame Booker personally, that we had to watch Miz dancing!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Exactamundo. I have no desire to see Naomi as champ again or even in the main event picture. Her time has come and gone.
Yeah. And just to be clear. I think she's a good talent, but she's not champ material. Upper midcard/gatekeeper suits her fine.

Theres a lot of women on the roster who have never had the opportunity. Let some of them get a chance instead.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
I blame Booker personally, that we had to watch Miz dancing!
Miz and Morrison were cringe during that entire segment. I felt like it took away from whatever message Naomi was trying to deliver.

·
Registered
879 Posts
This is one of those subjects where Booker T is kind of an asshole for saying that the way he did, but in the meantime is Naomi really a talent worthy of any meaningful storylines. Idk.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,164 Posts
I agree it's ass kissing, corporate shillery.... but which part's untrue or illogical?
There's no way to "earn opportunities" if you aren't given opportunities, Vince doesn't give wrestlers tv time based on how hard they work or how talented they are.

You could say his statement is true in regards to Naomi, that she's been given opportunities relative to what she's "earned", that's subjective but in general, his statement taken on it's face is just untrue-- there are dozens of people in catering trying to "earn" an opportunity but if Vince doesn't like you you won't get a chance, look at EC3, Aleister Black just got buried off of tv, look at Sonya she definitely earned an opportunity with her performance since quarantine, she's been completely disappeared.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
There's no way to "earn opportunities" if you aren't given opportunities, Vince doesn't give wrestlers tv time based on how hard they work or how talented they are.

You could say his statement is true in regards to Naomi, that she's been given opportunities relative to what she's "earned", that's subjective but in general, his statement taken on it's face is just untrue-- there are dozens of people in catering trying to "earn" an opportunity but if Vince doesn't like you you won't get a chance, look at EC3, Aleister Black just got buried off of tv, look at Sonya she definitely earned an opportunity with her performance since quarantine, she's been completely disappeared.
Okay, but this isn't about those guys. I agree plenty of people have been put in situations where there's no way to succeed... but... Naomi?

Naomi has a Wrestlemania Women's Title win.

Let's save the outrage for people who are actually worthy of a push.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Im starting to think this whole Naomi hash tag is all a work. People may be complaining on twitter to give her angle. Its not like the fans started it or anything.

·
17,164 Posts
Okay, but this isn't about those guys. I agree plenty of people have been put in situations where there's no way to succeed... but... Naomi?

Naomi has a Wrestlemania Women's Title win.

Let's save the outrage for people who are actually worthy of a push.
Really this thread shouldn't be about Naomi but about how wrong Booker is, that hashtag should've been used for Sonya, Liv, Bianca, Ruby, hell even Dana has worked hard and improved a lot, the fact that fans were misguided doesn't change the fact that Booker has become an insufferable company shill.

I bet if after WM 19 #BookerDeservesBetter was trending he wouldn't be saying this bullshit.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
Again, I agree. If fans get behind those wrestlers, although some more than others, and Booker shits in them I’ll be right in line saying Booker’s polishing Vince’s asshole with his lips. But he was reacting to a very specific situation. One in which said wrestler HAS BEEN getting chances, MULTIPLE chances, and has failed to seriously connect every time. Naomi’s a solid hand, but not long term championship material. Too many holes in her game.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Naomi is shocking. Booker's comments aside. Naomi is just awful. She's athletic. That's it. 😂

Reactions: Lorromire

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Booker should have just said that she has been given opportunities before (mainly the run in 2017) but it just didn’t work out with her and then called it a day. There is a lot of evidence to support that. The guy should have known that by making the argument he made, it was going to spark a lot of backlash.

·
The EST of NXT
28,849 Posts

I'm pretty sure Sonya, Mandy, and Liv have Corona since they wanted to go to beaches and ride boats without masks. Notice all three of them disappeared at the time WWE announced that they wouldn't be publicly releasing positive tests of their Superstars.

·
17,164 Posts
I'm pretty sure Sonya, Mandy, and Liv have Corona since they wanted to go to beaches and ride boats without masks. Notice all three of them disappeared at the time WWE announced that they wouldn't be publicly releasing positive tests of their Superstars.
Oh, I didn't know that. If Sonya burned her push by getting Rona so she could party, I feel no sympy for her, but Liv was getting screwed out of the opportunity she "earned" long before that.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Don't know how to feel about this. Booker t definitely has become a shill however I dknt know how I feel about naomi.

I dont dislike her or know if I like her shes just there.

From what I remember when she was champ on smackdown she hardly got a reaction

·
Registered
376 Posts
Naomi said hi to me on Instagram in 2015 so her 2017 title win made me happy. As for this topic here, I’d wanna see Liv being champion one day.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts