Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Booker doesn't realize that the business is different now. The talent doesn't really draw money anymore, so Vince, Hunter and Bruce just push who they like. Naomi getting over would mean fuck all since the office doesn't like her.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
I kinda agree with him. Her athleticism is great but she's never connected with me as a character with her dancing gimmicks. The only time I thought she was interesting as a character was when she initially turned heel and cut a really good promo and AJ Lee being seen as a legend but Naomi being constantly overlooked. Other than that, I feel she's exactly where she should be, at the mid card rank of the women's division.

what I find amusing is how many people Booker T triggered by stating his opinion

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,186 Posts
what I find amusing is how many people Booker T triggered by stating his opinion
There's nothing wrong with him stating his opinion but when his opinion is obviously untrue, illogical, ass kissing, corporate shillery there's nothing wrong with people sharing their opinion that he's a dick.

·
Southern Pride
3,567 Posts
I've said before that I was a fan of Booker Ts long ago (mostly back in the Harlem Heat days) but during these most recent years I have noticed how much of a shill he is of WWE now. A lot of his opinion on things makes me scratch my head.

Naomi has earned her way in the WWE. She is for sure athletic (shows it every time she jumps over the top rope in her entrances) and can have decent matches. Theirs nothing more that she can do to "earn it" anyway.

At the same time the people that think that Naomi has never been given a chance are wrong. Shes won Championships and big matches. Just because it's not as often as others, doesn't take away of her accomplishments.

If people want to get behind someone that hasn't been given a chance, get behind Nikki Cross, Ruby Riott, Lacey Evans, Dana Brooke, etc. Bianca was off of TV until these last few weeks. Shes barely been given a chance to "earn it" since moving off of NXT.

Theirs bigger things to worry about than Naomi losing to Lacey Evans after Lacey tied her hair to the ropes.

Reactions: Chris JeriG.O.A.T

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Naomi is in the Asuka situation only Naomi is worse and it's been going on longer.

What I mean is you got two sides arguing over do they really deserve becaussee..

Side A: Naomi/Asuka has won champions. She's in so-so match, Naomi won the womens battle royal Wrestlemania match/Asuka won the Royal Rumble

Side B: Naomi/Asuka title reigns are meaningless. Their booking doesn't reflect how great a talent she is. Why is Asuka losing to Carmella/Naomi to Dana Brooke and Lacey Evans.

Even now Asuka being Raw womens champion she hardly gets any clean wins. Ironically the only clean win I can think during her time as Raw champ now is over Charlotte and even then she had a pre match injury.

·
Registered
22,729 Posts
It's no surprise that someone of Booker's generation doesn't respect the hashtag push me generation. Does Naomi deserve a push, idk who am I to tell her she doesn't deserve to want more. But it makes sense why a lot from his generation don't respect it. Back in his time if you felt you deserved more you had to knock whatever you got out the park until you got better. You had to go talk to the boss ask what you needed to do. Now you just got to cry on Twitter about it and suddenly folk are rallying behind you despite them not caring before.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,544 Posts
It's no surprise that someone of Booker's generation doesn't respect the hashtag push me generation. Does Naomi deserve a push, idk who am I to tell her she doesn't deserve to want more. But it makes sense why a lot from his generation don't respect it. Back in his time if you felt you deserved more you had to knock whatever you got out the park until you got better. You had to go talk to the boss ask what you needed to do. Now you just got to cry on Twitter about it and suddenly folk are rallying behind you despite them not caring before.
Times have changed in more ways than one.

Like thesedays in the WWE you cant "knock it out of the park", impress the bosses and earn your way up the ladder. That never happens anymore. The McMahons pick who is allowed to succeed and thats it, thats as far as it goes. There's so many examples over the last decade especially of people winning the fans over, improving in all areas and busting their asses week in and week out, in nearly every single instance though the McMahons ignored this and usually went out of their way to sabotage and bury these wrestlers who dared to get over with the fans without McMahons permission.

Look at how obvious the sabotage of Rusev Day was as a perfect example. These people who knock it out of the park get zero reward ever. The McMahons only push dullards who put in the bare minimum and never improve.

·
Registered
22,729 Posts
Times have changed in more ways than one.

Like thesedays in the WWE you cant "knock it out of the park", impress the bosses and earn your way up the ladder. That never happens anymore. The McMahons pick who is allowed to succeed and thats it, thats as far as it goes. There's so many examples over the last decade especially of people winning the fans over, improving in all areas and busting their asses week in and week out, in nearly every single instance though the McMahons ignored this and usually went out of their way to sabotage and bury these wrestlers who dared to get over with the fans without McMahons permission.

Look at how obvious the sabotage of Rusev Day was as a perfect example. These people who knock it out of the park get zero reward ever. The McMahons only push dullards who put in the bare minimum and never improve.
People say this, but while it holds true on some. It doesn't really hold up on most. For every Zack Ryder and Rusev, there's many more Kofi's, Becky, Bryan, and Asuka that actually showed something and got a subsequent push. The issue is is folk are so all or nothing. It's either you're the FotC and Vince's Goldenboy or it doesn't count. There's also the personal thing you have against a lot of the recent folk who are over despite you not liking them.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,544 Posts
People say this, but while it holds true on some. It doesn't really hold up on most. For every Zack Ryder and Rusev, there's many more Kofi's, Becky, Bryan, and Asuka that actually showed something and got a subsequent push. The issue is is folk are so all or nothing. It's either you're the FotC and Vince's Goldenboy or it doesn't count. There's also the personal thing you have against a lot of the recent folk who are over despite you not liking them.
Well those folk are pushed to the moon from day one, and are clearly hand picked by the McMahons without having "earn" it, unless backstage favours count...

What we get like 1 Becky/Kofi situation a year if that? Outside that its just guys like The Shield brought in and shoved down our throats from day one. Kofi, Becky, Asuka, and DB are the only four people in the last however many years to get over and THEN get pushed. Everyone else that matters in the WWE product gets pushed and gets over due to their push. While the Rusev's Miz's, Ryders, Barretts, Sandow's, Rhodes, etc of the Company spin their wheels endlessly going nowhere no matter how hard they work until they quit/get fired.

·
Registered
22,729 Posts
Well those folk are pushed to the moon from day one, and are clearly hand picked by the McMahons without having "earn" it, unless backstage favours count...

What we get like 1 Becky/Kofi situation a year if that? Outside that its just guys like The Shield brought in and shoved down our throats from day one. Kofi, Becky, Asuka, and DB are the only four people in the last however many years to get over and THEN get pushed. Everyone else that matters in the WWE product gets pushed and gets over due to their push. While the Rusev's Miz's, Ryders, Barretts, Sandow's, Rhodes, etc of the Company spin their wheels endlessly going nowhere no matter how hard they work until they quit/get fired.
Sandow- got over as a comedy Jobber failed when he left

Barrett- should've got done right from Nexus. But the next 2 times they tried to build him he got injured they gave up.

Miz- is in more than a good spot give how his last main event run went. When he's around he's a constant midcard presence

Ryder- holy shit they fucked him raw

Rusev- is the funniest shit ever. Because when they were pushing the fuck out of him as a foreign heel and he was getting heat hardcore fans couldn't stand him. But when hardcore fans decided that Vince was trying to break him and Lana up suddenly he became a hardcore favorite.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Naomi has a good look, is extremely athletic, can put on good matches with the right opponent, and proved in her short lived heel turn that she can talk on the mic. Give her a chance.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,432 Posts
Naomi has a good look, is extremely athletic, can put on good matches with the right opponent, and proved in her short lived heel turn that she can talk on the mic. Give her a chance.
Shes won the title multiple times, won the womens wrestlemania battle royal, was in the final 5 of the Royal Rumble this year, was featured prominently on Total Divas for a long time, not to mention is on camera having a situation with police over her drunk husband that was swept under the rug. Dana Brooke or Liv Morgan would give up their left arm to be booked like Naomi. Someone has to do jobs. Someone has to lose. Again, nothing trended about her till they had a conservative republican character beating her ass lol.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Naomi has had chances in the past. Has she really shined brighter than Bayley, Sasha, Becky, Charlotte, Askua, Alexa, Ronda? I don't think so.
This.
Naomi had her chance. She spent 150 days as champ and was exceptionally mediocre.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts